No announcement yet.

$1000 Sedan - Turbo Build - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... I'm about 90% sure I'll be moving to Arizona by the end of May. The question is what to do with the E30. I have a potential buyer on Monday or should I just take it with me?

Yesterday when I got home from work the engine bay was smoking so I inspected and saw quite a bit of oil on the exhaust causing it. I'm going to guess it's the rear main seal since I changed the vcg along with plugs a couple months ago. The good news is I got my daily back.
    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by iso_hi View Post
      So... I'm about 90% sure I'll be moving to Arizona by the end of May. The question is what to do with the E30. I have a potential buyer on Monday or should I just take it with me?

Yesterday when I got home from work the engine bay was smoking so I inspected and saw quite a bit of oil on the exhaust causing it. I'm going to guess it's the rear main seal since I changed the vcg along with plugs a couple months ago. The good news is I got my daily back.
      take it with you, its only arizona, you know these are getting hard to find now so i would keep hold of it. (providing you have the means to take it and room to keep it at the new place)

I drove my e30 from California to London!

Comment

Been a few months since my last post.

So... I ended up moving to Arizona! To Casa Grande specifically. We are due to close on our home in a couple of weeks and I'll finally have a garage for the first time in my life! We'll be flying back to Stockton and be driving a UHaul with the e30 in tow when we move our belongings.

Since ive been saving for the house I haven't done anything to the e30. But being in a whole new area means a whole new possibility for used parts. And I hit the jackpot. I picked up a super clean Getrag 260 for $250 today in Phoenix. Perfect because my sedan has a automatic and it started leaking all over the place last time I drove it.

Hopefully I'll have more frequent posts in the next month.
        1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Nice score! That is going to be a nice upgrade, JM

Comment

About to break in the new garage properly
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Big Update. Been at my house for a couple months now and finally got the E30 on a trailer and on its way to me as of last night. It's been sitting in Stockton as I debated about renting a truck and doing it myself or contracting the job. I ended up just paying someone after getting multiple quotes and getting a reasonable bid.

New home awaiting E30. Still have to paint and all that. Been a long list of to-dos.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

The driver ended up going through the night and texted me he was 30 minutes away while I was at work. Wow definitely had to tip him. I've been working 6-7 days a week so I can't wait to have some time off to start working on it. Have to narrow down what I'm doing powertrain-wise so I'll probably start with the subframes.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Welcome to casa grande! CG resident here as well in the mission valley subdivision. There's a few of us E30 guys here. Look forward to seeing the car

Comment

Originally posted by tyeler18 View Post
                    Welcome to casa grande! CG resident here as well in the mission valley subdivision. There's a few of us E30 guys here. Look forward to seeing the car
                    Yeah I think I've seen a red e30, if that's you then you're right down the street from me. Small world. We're still "moving in" so I won't be making much progress on the e30 soon. Come over anytime and check it out.
                    1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by iso_hi View Post

Yeah I think I've seen a red e30, if that's you then you're right down the street from me. Small world. We're still "moving in" so I won't be making much progress on the e30 soon. Come over anytime and check it out.
                      Yep the loud red coupe is mine. Definitely a hard one to miss. If you need a hand or tools or anything let me know!

Comment

Been spending about an hour after work cleaning up all our boxes and extra things in the garage from moving before I start working on the car. Finally got to a point where I can start wrenching without a bunch of clutter around. I’ll probably stick to removing the engine/transmission for now so I can still roll the car since I’ll be painting the garage.

Yeah I decided the 2.7 has got to go. I don’t know what will replace it but I have time and space so I’m in no rush. I’ll be taking a welding class at the local college in the Spring so super excited to be able to bring new skills to this build. It’ll probably be my last one so this one has to be right.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

What are your thoughts now about the replacement motor?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            What are your thoughts now about the replacement motor?
                            I have no clue. M30 or M50/52 if I was going the BMW route, or I’m still really considering a K-swap.

I started working on removing the current engine. Still have some organizing to do in the garage but a little progress made each day will help in the long run.

Got the exhaust off. It's all one piece but wasn't too much work.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

I’m 90% sure I’m going K24A2 unless I get a killer deal on a BMW engine. This will take time but for the first time in my life it’s not an issue. This car can sit here as long as I want it to.

I got off work early today and continued the disassembly. I need to go get another drain pain before I start removing the engine.

1987 325 Turbo

Comment

Wait wait wait, you moved from the Central Valley to Casa Grande, AZ? We moved from Modesto to Phoenix. There is a great E30 group here in the valley. We should meet up!
                                90 Bronzit 325is
                                16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Working...
                                X