Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2mAn
    replied
    In case you were wondering why I was removing the badges, well I’ve had this other trunklid that will complete the backdate. The location of the badges don’t match in anyway, I believe this is an early lid that said ‘alfa romeo’ in lower case in the middle of the trunk, but I plan to use ‘Alfa Romeo’ on the left and ‘Giulia Super’ on the right. Probably no mention of engine displacement because who knows what it will have in it haha

Anyways, with a rainy day I decided to shift my focus on the spare lid.

Start with a template of both sides. Right side will be a little trickier but I’ll deal with that later.

Template moved over, holes marked and center punched

Starter holes drilled and were later enlarged to 1/8”

“Finished” with the left side. Right side will be a much larger headache so it will be dealt with another day

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

well, I took the rear badges off soooo....
    Now people REALLY have to stop and ask you what it is!

I was waiting to hear "Not having rust has made a massive difference!" But I'm glad the car still had integrity even with rust :P

In those last 2 pics, it's impossible to see you did any work on the body. Just keep taking photos with that side in the shade lol

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Adding the weight back in! Looks like some good progress has been made.
    well, I too, the rear badges off soooo....

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Adding the weight back in! Looks like some good progress has been made.

Leave a comment:

• lukeADE335i
    replied
    Looking good Simon - nice to get some work done on the car and get it out of the garage!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Had a fire kit under my butt this weekend to make the car ready for my Annual 1/1 drive. Hanging the doors was obviously important but there was some smaller things that also were needing attention. They took a little while, but they are on now. A little adjustment on the front and it will be perfect. It was good enough for the drive though!

After that was done I thought I’d give the emblems another go at-it ... this time I was successful

Check out the shadow badges lol

and finally, mission accomplished today

]

Last edited by 2mAn; 01-15-2023, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    No idea, its not present everywhere, but we'll see how the finishing touches come along

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Ah, Twin spark motor is still in progress. I'm excited to hear it run!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

It has to be a primer of some sort as I've seen it in a few other places too... its definitely not the original color. This blue is 100% the original color, though not the original paint in most areas.
    I think we went over this already. The green is visible on the B pillar, especially beneath the hinges.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Whats behind the green paint?

If they did use green primer you’ll want to use matching colored primer when you paint or the final color maybe off.

Keeping the paint single stage?

Motor above is all done and built?
    Where do you see green paint? Im not sure what the plan will be with the paint, I dont expect perfection but would rather have it close enough rather than just painting it black

The motor is a good, used one thats sort of a temp motor while I finish building the Twin Spark. I will swap over the Euro cams eventually and swap venturi's and jetting on the Weber 40s to suit the 2000cc vs the '1400' In Euro form (which is the goal) they make 125bhp, so Im hoping for 130+ with the full Euro conversion and the headers. We'll see... and if it runs good with that setup I might just leave it alone and use the Twin Spark for another project that is in its infancy stage.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Whats behind the green paint?

If they did use green primer you’ll want to use matching colored primer when you paint or the final color maybe off.

Keeping the paint single stage?

Motor above is all done and built?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    The Shankle headers arrived and I couldn’t resist a quick mock-up.

Should have the 2L ready to throw in soon, but most of my free garage time is devoted to finishing the welding and getting the car back together. Hopefully I will have it all together for my annual 1/1 drive. I’m gone this weekend and Christmas weekend but I think I’ll have enough time to finish... stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    what's the plan for the inside/backside of all of that? leave it bare or flood it with fluidfilm or what?

Not nearly as much of an issue for you, so not sure what is customary where rust isn't nearly as much of an issue.

the inner, middle and outer rocker all come together at the bottom so that part is sealed off. When the middle rocker was completed I painted it with a rust-proof paint, but yea how good that is we’ll know in 20 years...

I could fill it with some Eastwood cavity filling crap, but I probably won’t. Just making sure there is no bare metal and no easy access for things to get in

e30m3s54turbo I’ve gotten a lot better at welding but Chilezen is the pro who’s pretty much the only way I’ve been able to get this done.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Looks good. I hated to see rust on my projects. I learned to get rid of myself to save money.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    what's the plan for the inside/backside of all of that? leave it bare or flood it with fluidfilm or what?

Not nearly as much of an issue for you, so not sure what is customary where rust isn't nearly as much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X