Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    I have a kit ready to go on my E30 Depo’s and have had other morimoto retrofits. They are awesome! I’ve applied sheet laninx and use trim ring to help hold it down, way better than the precut stuff.

Leave a comment:

• KI4UJO
    replied
    I am running the depo adapters with Morimoto V7.0 projectors that I picked up a few years ago.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by KI4UJO View Post
    I've got a set of his adapters installed and am very happy with them.
    Good to hear, I'll likely be ordering soon. Which kit did you get?

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
    A cat on a leash??

That Lamin-x is a good option because it is a bit thicker than regular PPF but it can/will bubble/lift around the edges randomly. If you carefully use a heat gun it can be put back in place easily...would be interested to hear if a good PPF installer would have similar performing material or, as you mention, double-up the film.
    Yeah, he jumped out right in front of my car, clearly appreciating the fine automobile.

That's what I've read too, I reached out to a PPF installer I used on a previous vehicle for his input too.

Leave a comment:

• mjweimer
    replied
    A cat on a leash??

That Lamin-x is a good option because it is a bit thicker than regular PPF but it can/will bubble/lift around the edges randomly. If you carefully use a heat gun it can be put back in place easily...would be interested to hear if a good PPF installer would have similar performing material or, as you mention, double-up the film.

Leave a comment:

• KI4UJO
    replied
    I've got a set of his adapters installed and am very happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    ^^^ Totes.

=======

Happy Image:

=======

Sad image.

========

So of course, the first cars and coffee I took it to, with our rock filled highways/freeways a rock cracked my pass side bosch euro ellipsoid. I think it happened on the way back from said C&C event.

Thankfully local e30 friend has a spare for me.Yes, laminx was on my todo list, shoulda known better, but with all the e30s I've owned this is the first time a headlight was killed by a rock. :(

========

Is this still the best solution to protect headlights? https://lamin-x.com/bmw-3-series-82-...ht-covers.html
    --- Looks like I'll need (2) sets for all 4 lights, I've read differing opinions on these, bubbling, etc. Any tricks? Should I have a PPF installer do their own PPF/double up?

I think I'm gonna do the "new/projector" mod at the same time, anyone have any experience with the kit that a guy has been selling? He's been posting I think on here, reddit, facebook, etc.

Links:

His site: https://www.esgprints.com/
    Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/E30/comment...ofit_adapters/
    Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-06-2022, 01:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Il Duce
    replied
    I hear ya. I've enjoyed my m42. Neat lil motor for what it is I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• D.Martijn
    replied
    Nice example! Great color as well :)

Leave a comment:

• Il Duce
    replied
    How are you liking the m42 so far?

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
    Love the callback to the OG pic! Shit, I should do that too. BRB going to my parent's house.
    Yes! Maximum wheel turn please.

Leave a comment:

• Il Duce
    replied
    Love the callback to the OG pic! Shit, I should do that too. BRB going to my parent's house.

Leave a comment:

• cory58
    replied
    Welcome to the club. Love the Nogaro wheels!

Leave a comment:

• mjweimer
    replied
    Congrats! Looks like a really nice example and I enjoy hearing the backstory. It's hard to find the soul in newer cars - it is easy to find in an E30.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    I love forever cars and builds. Looking forward for progress and status updates!

The though of a Touring still excites me.

Originally posted by Il Duce View Post
    Congrats man! I'm excited to see where you take this thing. It's gorgeous and I can't wait to see more pics! Laguna is so incredible.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Awesome!! I was curious why the TypeR sold so quickly after buying it. I really hope one of my damn cars will be that 'forever' car... none want to give me the same love back that I put into them... except one but I was forced to sell that one sadly

Much excite here too guys. I still can't believe it finally happened.

There were a few that I was in talks about, I almost bid on tourings on BAT, literally watched their counters go to zero fighting internally with myself - but nothing felt like the one till this thing presented itself.

It's been so long since I've driven an E30 especially completely stock feels so damn plush. It's definitely the anti-thesis to my current "daily" Civic.

I'm very content with driving this thing stock for a bit until I really decide what to do, I've got plenty of ideas but I'm hoping to really plan out things with this one, and I'm in no rush.

Type R was great honestly - I just realized if I didn't act soon on the E30 itch I'd be regretting it.

With any car, things will happen but I'm hoping it shows the love back.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Awesome!! I was curious why the TypeR sold so quickly after buying it. I really hope one of my damn cars will be that 'forever' car... none want to give me the same love back that I put into them... except one but I was forced to sell that one sadly

Leave a comment:

Working...
X