e30 Suede Stage 1 Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 Suede Stage 1 Complete

'84 with tan interior. I've been looking for black interior for ages and came across the excellent condition black non-sports from a junkyard and both rear panels in black. While looking for black door panels I decided for the price just to go ahead and try my hand at wrapping the old tan ones in black synthetic suede.

The handle and map holder were wet sanded, cleaned, and sprayed with Krylon Fusion (for plastic) in Satin black but it's still too glossy for my taste. I'll either wait a week and spray flat black over it or try the soft touch interior spray. If I still don't like the finish then I'll just bite the bullet and take them to an upholstery shop and get it all wrapped in suede to match the doors. I seriously doubt I have the ability to sew that up myself lolol!

The pull handle bezel is not pictured, it was broken so I didn't waste the time painting it. I'm in the process of attempting to wrap it in suede but I'm doubting the results will be worth it...but doesn't hurt to try!

Last edited by speedminded; 06-24-2009, 08:13 PM. Reason: Hotlinked instead of attached pic

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

suede =sexy but better pics please.

Comment

Originally posted by BTP325ic View Post
      suede =sexy but better pics please.
      Will do when it's all complete. I had to make light with ISO 800 and saved as a .jpg so attaching here destroyed any bit of quality that was present.

*edit*
      Hotlinked the pic so it's a hair better!
      Last edited by speedminded; 06-24-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

DO WORK son,,

Comment

Looks great! I am sure the suede is easier to work with than some of the vinyl ou there, looks like I have another thing on the list o do now. Nice job!
          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

I wrapped and installed the passenger rear panel today...

Comment

Looks Great! I want to do a similar thing to mine now!

R.H.D
              M-technic I club

Comment

Use a bone knife or something like-wise to get the suede tucked in the creases better. I'm not sure if its just the pics but it looks "loose". :???:

Comment

I did my whole car in suede before... I thought it looks wierd and puffy. Its better to have an offset hard surface like vinyl to give the contrast of rigidity.

Comment

i likey
                    NASA
                    BMWCCA member
                    PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                    1997 M3 sedan
                    2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

what epoxy to hold the suade? step by step details would be nice.

Comment

Yea suede and vinyl looks good. I like ur pulls glossy. It gives it that contrast, I could never do suede lol, the one time I'd have my dog in my car there would be hair for years. Lookin goodd.
                        Originally posted by Lof8
                        4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                        therefore, their value is much greater.
                        Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Working...
                        X