so was the car sold after all ?
    the craiglist link has expired.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshin86 View Post
      so was the car sold after all ?
      the craiglist link has expired.
      Car yet available - and relisted:
      [sold now]

Currently have ~5 potential buyers, and one guy with a super-sweet/well-sorted '75 2002 car trade offer I'm really keen on - but it's winter (salt-season) here in Wisconsin - and the car is currently tucked away in garage under cover with full tank of stabilized fuel.

The car was put on the market too late in the season here in the Mid-West (U.S) - so potential buyers kept backing out - requesting I reconnect with them in the Springtime.

While I feel the car would indeed do great on BaT - the low reserve they're gonna push is something I'm having trouble stomaching.

Please feel free to shoot me a message if have any questions - or if there's anything I can help you with!
      Last edited by Simon S; 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM. Reason: sold
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Sold for asking price.
        Wow.. what a head trip..
        Bittersweet - but happy to move on..
        (picked up a Mini Cooper S (R56) last week.. and my '94 Ducati 900ss/sp is reaching engine rebuild time..)

Cheers - and again, big thanks to the r3vlimited community through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
          This car is a pillar of the e30 community. The new owner will be extremely lucky to own such a well cared for and thoughtfully assembled car.
          Guy bought it for his son as a first car.

* mind blown *

Jeepers hopes he appreciates and respects it..

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
            Guy bought it for his son as a first car.

* mind blown *

Jeepers hopes he appreciates and respects it..
            Agreed.

Hope to see you back here someday with another one.
            Originally posted by Simon S
            When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

Wow, hopefully he looks after it.

Do you have a thread on the Ducati?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                Sold for asking price.
                Wow.. what a head trip..
                Bittersweet - but happy to move on..
                (picked up a Mini Cooper S (R56) last week.. and my '94 Ducati 900ss/sp is reaching engine rebuild time..)

Cheers - and again, big thanks to the r3vlimited community through the years.
                We'd all love a Zen R56 thread... just sayin'

Comment

I'm a bit late to this thread but...

My God...

This is one of the most detailed car projects i've ever seen. I bookmarked this thread a few months ago when I was close to buying a 318is, but didn't read it until today. What a mistake it was to wait until now to read it. Honestly, this is the kind of build I aspire to do. Sure, the temptation of just adding a custom ecu chip and spending a few days upping performance is there, but neither comes close to the real heart of working on cars, something you, Simon, seemed to have perfectly captured. I have no doubt this will be the guiding thread for me when I can finally pick up an 318is. I hope you can continue your passions for as long as possible.

Thank you for your contributions to the community Simon, stay healthy, and Godspeed.

Comment

Working...
                  X