X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
    Dude, what bet did you lose to buy that heap. You have your hands SO full, good luck on everything.

P.S. if that cabby is yours, why did you not just put the money into that?
    Lol, I wanted a good long project:p But Im actually pretty far along. Drivetrain will be sound once I do these CV boots, got the motor running pretty good, now its all cosmetics:D

And that was the guys property, I do have an e30 cabbie though:o

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Dude, what bet did you lose to buy that heap. You have your hands SO full, good luck on everything.

P.S. if that cabby is yours, why did you not just put the money into that?

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Found some of the pics from when I bought the car

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Painted the front end bumper shrouds and rub strips. Sanded the black paint off the turn signal lenses and then cleared them, cam out nice:) Then I put olive oil on the dash to get some life back into it, sadly it doesnt remove cracks:p

Started the motor again and studied it. Idled at about 1100 rpms, so i took out the IVC to clean it and low and behold, its filled with a black slime Doused it in carberator cleaner and wiped out all the crap. Reinstalled it and no more high idle! Now I just need to get an intake boot and it should run much better. Also noticed when coming down from 3000 rpm it makes a little grinding sound. And if I hold the idle around there the noise persists. But if i r3v up or down it goes away. Think I need to adjust the valves.

Actually got around to really ordering the CV boots yesterday and UPS says they will arrive on the 12th. Till then, I dont know what Ill do. Just move TLC.

Thats all for now

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    So since I had my front valance off, I decided to fab up some new of those NLA plastic brackets. So I got some plastic from the company my father delivers to and was on [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]my [COLOR=blue !important]way[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. I'll have to post pics later, but they turned out great in my opinion. Much stronger than the 20 year old ones that were supporting it for sure, and probably stronger than new ones. And no more saggy valance! Everything's tight up front and I'm starting to repaint the trim.

Its starting to look like a car again, and not so much a beater!

Heres the pics of me fabbing those brackets

Broken brackets removed. One good one left.

Making and fitting the first bracket.

Heres the second bracket. As you can see its getting darker and darker, but its just about done.

Heres the bracket 100% complete. Wirewheeled the metal strip and shot it with some black. Then put all the new brackets on.

No sag, 100% perfection. Total cost $0

Before painting the windshield strip. And a good shot of how the valance is straight

heres the window strip after I painted it, much better. No yellowish orange plastic

masking everything off for paint

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Filled up the diff with some new oil, removed the right driveaxle completely and am now working on ordering some CV boots to replace my ripped ones.

Where are my comments from u guise:(

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Figures out why my rear end drops so much, busted shocks of course;)

So today I removed all 12 allen bolts that hold the driveaxels to the diff and just need to pick up a 30mm socket so I can remove the side that attached to the wheel hubs.

Then I decided to drain the diff oil because its a mysterious car. Ended up just having a gatorade bottle as a catch can so I used that. Suddenly though, a gust of wind came and blew a bunch of that old black fluid into my face. Sure got me by surprise

Next I need to get an intake boot because mines torn to shreds and giving me idle problems

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
    Wow, that is impressive. Good job on that.

That is the first time I have ever seen anyone sow their seats back together. haha Good shit.
    Thanks bud, means a lot;)

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Wow, that is impressive. Good job on that.

That is the first time I have ever seen anyone sow their seats back together. haha Good shit.

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Ok, so I rebuilt my front brakes, and bled them all, except for the front left. The bleeder screw was broken off inside the caliper so I bought an extractor and will get it out later. I also started putting the interior back together and its starting to look more like a car. But I have no pictars:(

But I do have massive vaccum leaks, for example my intake looks like a slinky:p

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Oh gawd, I got it running, and boy does it haul a$$! After sitting in the POs yard for over 5 years and not running needing a tranny, to mah supa car:o

And then after going over a speed bump the rear end dropped to im tucking a little tire in the rear on both sides and got pos camber out the wazzo Now my exhaust lays inches from the ground and I dont know why:drink:

But lets just say I'm super excited and it chirps those flat tires like no big deal:hitler:

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Got all the brake lines in, redid the rusted one, cleaned out the clogged soft lines, and refurbished the final rear caliper. All while leaving the subframe intact!! so glad I didnt end up having to remove it. Now I just need to bleed the clutch, and get the exhaust put together and it'll be driveable.

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Well heres a pic of the pass. rear caliper I still need to rebuild.

I'll post a pic when I'm done. And yes, the pad separated from the metal its rivited onto.

Leave a comment:

• AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    good work man. I hate those plastic ring pieces that hold the shifter in. I can never get them out without a fight
    I ended up beating the shit out of the other one, so I opted for a new one:)

And I need to get a camera, my phone broke so no pics:(

But anyway heres what I've done in teh mean time I got the transmission in completely, got the driveshaft in, was about to put the exhaust in but the I decided to bleed my clutch. Luckily I did and found out I had a brake line that had rusted in half. It was the one that ran from the master cylinder to the T in the rear that slpits to both calipers. It sure was a B*tch to get out, but I did it eventually and made a new line.

At the time I was also rebuilding the rear calipers. Holy crap, over 20 years stuff starts to form that shouldnt. I poured out this oil like substance that was pitch black from the caliper. I inspected it though and everyting cleaned up pretty good. I still have one to go though so if I can get a camera, I can take some pics. So I decide to make sure I'm getting brake fluid to the rear brakes since I was redoing the calipers. Well good Lord, I have another rusted in half brake line. This one turned out to be the one from the T to the rubber line to the passenger caliper. Let me say that BMW has its good days, and its bad. Who in the hell makes a line with an s shape that goes over the diff!?!!one!1 And on top of that, theres no practial way to get it out. I ended up messing it up pretty good so now I'm going to need to figure out what I'm going to do.

So I started to remove the subframe to get a better vantage point over it. Well I removed the two 22mm nuts where the subframe mounts, then I moved onto the allen screw things next to them. Another evil thing made by BMW. I got the first one out and was like, no big deal. Second one ends up destroying my allen wrench. It broke it in half! So now I have decided to take a break and update you guys:o

Oh, the calipers are a hulk green, and I liked it so much I decided to paint some more stuff. First thing after the caliper was a shift knob. It was some old metal knob that was all dirty and scratched up. So i cleaned it up with some goop off and discovered it was an AC snitzer short shift knob! So I taped off everything but the actual ball at the top. Then I taped off the emblem and painted it. 4 coats of green and then 4 of clear. Sanded between each and man, it came out perfect!

Next I went for the fuel/air thing next to the intake manifold. Cant remember its exact name at the moment, but it will come to me. Well I took it off and discovered its O-ring had disintigrated! Luckily I had some from my injector swap on my other car and they turned out to be a perfect fit! So that got refurbished and went back in.

I also took off the rotors, just because I was there and couldnt get any farther with the brake line. So I cleaned up the ebrake stuff, wire brushed the rust off the rotors, shot them up with some paint, anti-siezed that allen screw thingy that holds the rotor and some other things.

Thats all for now, now I just need to get a camera...and do that brake line...and it goes on and on and on

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    good work man. I hate those plastic ring pieces that hold the shifter in. I can never get them out without a fight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X