Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Drift Clip......follow me on YouTube!

m20 is still running strong with 257,800 mikes. i just adjusted the valves a cpl weeks ago. i have a welded diff (3.73) now so its been fun learning to use full advantage of that. it sucks for regular driving but is great for skids.

here im at my new favorite spot learning to keep em spinning into 3rd gear and then ebrake and downshift back to 2nd. previously ive always ended up in neutral trying to come down from 3rd. this time i got it!

M20 with E46 arms for life!

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    I Fuckin Drift. Shangrila-II Barton, NY

Here is a clip from a drift event that happened a couple Sundays ago. I still havnt changed much on my car so I'm just going to continue to post videos. Not to many m20's drifting these days. Those of u who want to drift a m20, go for it!

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Drifting

Clip from previous event. This is my phone recording a shot from someone on facebook while it plays on an ipad. So sry for the poor quality.
    M20b25 with miller maf & 19# injectors. E46 control arms, ghetto built coilovers. 700/1000 spring rates with a vert front sway and 19mm rear sway. Great set up to start.

DO NOT GO OUT DRIFTING WITHOUT A REAR SWAY BAR. I was told this by bmw guys A LOT when i started. Over 2 years ago I felt that is worst way of learning to control your car and still feel that way. Don't handicap yourself, just learn to not spin out. Drifting is supposed to be tough to learn, it's humbling and fucking awesome and frustrating all at the same time.
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 06-03-2014, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    buffalo, ny track day

this is from 5/28/14 at a drift event held at an oval track called Holland Speedway. it was a $40 entry and went from 6-sun down on a wednesday night. i didnt make it there until 7pm but still had a great time. it was kinda cool focusing on one turn and learning what to do when initiating at 70/75mph. i never thought the m20 could really slide through 3rd gear but hey, if damn ae86's can do it, why not.

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 05-30-2014, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Nice roundy-round drift!
    Thanks man.

The other day we had what is probably the last snow fall of the year. I couldn't resist playing in the snow.

As for my building the car, I am picking up some strut housings this weekend to properly shorten them. Right now there is a coilover perch and spring with top hat and u up camber plates but the housing is not shortened. My hd billys have also finally blown so il be calling bilstein very soon to finish that up.

Leave a comment:

• DER E30
    replied
    Nice roundy-round drift!

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    ..still drifting

Sup r3ver's. My bimmer is still some how kickin. I just did the timing belt and water pump after hearing some very unsafe belt noises. Pretty sure it was slapping the timing cover at 1,300-1,600 rpm's. I changed it and the noise went away. Also mounted my coolant temp gauge where the obc used to be to clean the dash up.

I also installed a miller maf with 19lb injectors chip and like that a lot. It definitely helped to get me out of long ebrake entries by having enough snap in 2nd to slide out of a turn. Il try posting pics in a few **edit: every time I upload pics from my phone and laptop, it fails. Shit is dumb.

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-28-2013, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    photos dont want to upload for me to well so this build thread will probably not have anymore info on here in terms of building. i am always building the car tho so if u have questions about e46 control arms conversion or anything id be happy to help. but when i was asking ppl it was pretty tough to get a straight answer. i think i already listed the parts but just ask if u need help.
    last night i replaced the parking brake cables cause they were no longer pulling hard enough. New ebrake cables made a huuuge difference tho. I still cant find a reason for "needing" a hydro setup, especially for a daily. maybe in the future ill get one.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    vid update

i now have the car on 700/1000 springs by just cutting stock perch. e46 control arms with e36 outter tie rods and e90/92 inner tierods. had to cut both tierods to fit, then had to order VAC adjustable sway bar links, cut and rethread them also and then i could make the sway tab on the strut housing work with the sway. vert front sway and a 19mm rear. i realy enjoy this car with these springs which have been on for a week now. still need to get used to them

its now on 15x8 trm's with 195/45/15's. 20mm rear spacer and 15mm front to keep the wheels from hitting the control arms @ full lock. i really need to update with pics and shit to help u E46 CA guys out. mine have been great on my dd for the past 6months.

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 03-29-2015, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    e46 control arms e46 controlarms

if u can try slr. if u want the e46 control arms trick its e36 outer tierods, e90 or e92 inner tierods, AKG e46 polly control arm bushing for e30 chassis, and then weld the e30m3 sway tab on the strut housing. then u will need camber plates to bring your shit back in. even then the best camber u will run will be negative 3.5, yes thats -3.5 degrees.lol
    Originally posted by martin318ise30 View Post
    hey love the build, just wondering if there is a thread on the whole e46 control arms nd everything else you need , im in desperate need of some more angle but cant afford the wisefab kit. thanks in advance
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 05-29-2014, 10:03 PM. Reason: build information

Leave a comment:

• martin318ise30
    replied
    hey love the build, just wondering if there is a thread on the whole e46 control arms nd everything else you need , im in desperate need of some more angle but cant afford the wisefab kit. thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    wish there was better lighting but whatever

Leave a comment:

• MattTHEe30GURU
    replied
    Love it haha

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Progress update coming this weekend

Ive been busy and lazy about posting all my pictures and progress but this weekend ill update all build progress up to this point.
    heres a little driving progress clip in the meantime.

Im new to drifting but love doing it. Sandwiched my phone in the passenger seat headrest.325is with a stock M20, hr springs, bilstein hd's, vert front sway/1...

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-26-2012, 09:03 AM. Reason: embeded video

Leave a comment:

• MattAvino
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

Working...
X