Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Power steering leax fix. Replaced reservoir hose to ps pump/to steering rack.

Originally posted by MonkeyMan View Post
    thievery corporation = legit :up:

nice work so far bro.. it's always nice seeing someone with a plan actually follow through with it.. keep it up

btw +1 for a rear sway.. I know installing stiff ass springs may compensate for the lack of one, but shit, you gotta drive that thing everyday
    Thanks man. Ive been skating for a little while and am always looking for new tunes to edit with. Dubstep is played the fuck out! I hate being trendy.lol

I had no rear sway for a couple weeks waiting for welding to be done and I hated it. Im not the best drifter, just started, but I can feel when the back or front of the car isnt doing what it should be doing. With no rear sway the back of the car flexed like crazy in the twisties. drifting just magnified the mushy feeling. it was horrible.

***Update:
    so I finally got rid of my PS moaning and groaning by replacing the hoses. The car would smell like ps fluid when i got home from the engine temps cooking it and I was soo sick of seeing leaks when i pulled off. that shits embarrassing

I will suggest that you take the hoses off the rack & pump, take em off the reservoir and take the reservoir to autozone with you. When I drove my car there thursday an employee looked at the hoses, said they were swollen (which was right) and gave me the sizes he thought they looked like (which was wrong). When he just guessed and handed me the hoses i said, how about we look up the sizes but he insisted he knew my car. IDK how.

Needless to say I got all my shit apart and the hoses he sized by eye were too small. I wasnt happy. Then when I went back and a separate guy gave me heater hose. I told him thats not going to work and he said, "well thats only the return line right, it should hold up." He then looked it up on the computer and said they dont have the size there at all. Then I was pissed and caused a little scene, raised my voice and stated how I thought this was some bullshit.haha
    Sometimes u gotta revert to plan-C to get things done right. He then asked me for the reservoir, which i put on the counter from the beginning, went to the isle with the hoses and found a snug fit. He came back and one of the hoses read "fuel hose". I told him I need all my shit to say "power steering" please. He went back there and found it. Cut me about 2ft worth. Then he tried to charge me extra for getting more hose so I asked for the manager and told her what happened the previous day. I said I think we should look up the size but he said theyre all the same.lol shenlet me go without having to pay again.

After 25min at autozone I got home, attached the lines to the reservior, put clips on it and that was snug. THen attached the reservoir back to the bracket. Got under the car, cut em down to length, put new clips on the hoses down there and was done.

While it was still jacked up I started the car and turned the wheel lock to lock with the CAP OFF. Added some more fluid and then lowered the car off the jack stands. Started the car again, with the cap off went lock to lock till I saw bubbles stop coming up and now I have full power steering in my E30 for the first time.
    The wheel spins quicker on its own and its easier to steer in general. Im glad finally did this.

Then I had to hop in the shower and run out to the college park meet. I kept hearing about some car show at a garage out in Rockville, MD that we might be going to but I did not know it was going to be such a fun night. Didnt get home till like 2am. Gotta love it. Pics of that will be in here soon!

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyMan
    replied
    thievery corporation = legit :up:

nice work so far bro.. it's always nice seeing someone with a plan actually follow through with it.. keep it up

btw +1 for a rear sway.. I know installing stiff ass springs may compensate for the lack of one, but shit, you gotta drive that thing everyday

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Power steering leak found..i hope

so as cold weather came around I got this moaning noise from my power steering. it sounded like a whore being stabbed. i dont like leaks or any funny noises coming from under my car so i started sourcing a power steering pump and rack. I need a 95 steering rack for sure, but i didnt want to drop dime on the pump as mine looked newish. i saw fluid coming from the bolt so i thought, maybe its the pump.lol

My fluid was leaking down both hoses right from the reservoir so i had a hunch that the hoses were bad. not holding pressure. I went to autozone and had them look at it and the guy said, your hoses are swollen, need to be replaced. 1.99 + 2.99 + 4.99x2 (2 liters of auto transmission fluid) and i hope tomorrow = done, ya digg. easy fix. made me happy
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 01-01-2012, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by Smrtpunk View Post
    Hey, Where did you get the wheel studs from?
    kalib0y - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206133
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-18-2011, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smrtpunk
    replied
    Hey, Where did you get the wheel studs from?

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Drift Setup Update

After finally doing some driving im starting to get used to the the way the car responds with front and rear strut bars. Its great! The car felt much more solid and got rid of the delayed flex coming from the rear.

Sometimes I laugh to myself cause some E30 drifters on bimmerforums talked soo much shit to me when I asked for some setup help and didnt agree with their no rear sway bar theory. They started looking for me on other forums and were calling all my efforts pale, a waste of money, and pretty much saying ill go nowhere if i didnt pay $1500 for the full GC coilovers. They posted pics of my tabs that were welded on before I painted them and tried making fun of the rust that was there i guess.(which i dremeled off and painted a WHILE ago) They also said strut bars dont make a noticeable difference in handling and its silly if I thought they would. I said i never heard of the japanese running no rear sway and compensating with 1200lb springs in the rear so they told me to go move to japan. after that i stopped going to that forum. and at summit point there was not one E30 who could hold it down and look good on the track. their cars looked mushy in the rear to me. go figure. but that was only from watching. because i recognized these cars from the forum(had VA plates) I didnt introduce myself to any of these guys. the 240 guys tho were super nice and enjoyed talking to me, not trying to talk down to me because im a beginner

What I found is that the rear is more predictable and doesnt slide out as uncontrollably as it did with just a rear sway. I still have much more to learn with throttle inputs but it takes time. I suggest strut bars in the front and the rear for anyone doing spirited driving. Im learning something new every time I go out slidin. its great to finally own a rwd. i still cant get over it.haha

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    100 Drifters of December 2011

This was my first time at a track and i felt like a kid in a toy store.
    I was watching more than filming but heres what i threw together. Due to not being able to skate or film as much leading up to & after my surgery I was very rusty. I didnt capture enough footage to leave myself something to work with but I put something out anyway.
    I have an outdated camera and only final cut express version 1.0.1 but i work with what i got. :???:

Enjoy

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-15-2011, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Random update/getting these pics off my phone

Originally posted by accident View Post
    FYI: that "silly ground" that "someone" welded on was factory. That "someone" was BMW.
    this dude never has anything useful to say. LMAO its a silly ground cause it came on some cars and not on others. its random and dumb. i knew it was from factory by the way it was painted and how difficult it was to get rid of

but this is why u shouldnt let your strut bar touch the manifold. not only are the extra vibrations annoying it will slightly dent the manifold.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0328.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	7137186

My neighbor came thru while I was lining the eyelids up and he said he liked it black and I shouldnt paint it to match.... Then I showed him the ones painted to match on the forum and he said either could work actually. so idk..imma paint it to match and then paint it black if I dont like it.
    Heres his whip tho. this shit it a BEAST. 9k red line. its a sleeper for sure. which is why i wont show engine pics

Name:	IMAG0104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	7137187

and then the best dog in the world. Nia. never needs a collar even for walks. i never understood owning a dog that wants to run away as soon as the door opens.lol

Name:	IMAG0200.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	7137188

OH and i rode my bike for the first time today. i bought it as a regular schwinn cutter and converted it to a fixie when I had no car in bflo. rode it all winter! id post it in the bicycle thread but ppl started buying these cause they were "trendy", ride like pussies and dont actually haul ass in em like theyre supposed to. i drop this bike left and right.lol theyre durable and quick as hell. I miss city riding

Name:	IMAG0116.jpg
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	7137189

Name:	IMAG0117.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	7137190

so yea, random as hell but i needed to get pics off my phone as its been reeaal slow lately. soo decided to share a little bit

i still cant go out and practice due to the stupid shoulder but hopefully ill have some kinda video soon. right now i still cant handle the wheel with my right arm but soon I will

take care r3v

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    some bullshiiieet / puttin on parts thats been sitting in my room

so i order a coolant temp sensor from bavauto and usually their stuffs up to snuff but whatever I got was buggin out and didnt work at all. i told em the top plastic piece spins around the base and with no questions asked they sent me another one. kinda made me think they could be aware of the problem. it even looked cheap. I told them how the sensor for the ECU said bosch but this one was no name

Then i got the other sensor in the mail, used my 19mm deep socket and this is what happened. didnt even have the damn thing for 5min when it snapped as i tightened it. as soon as it got tight, plastic snapped.

Name:	IMAG0324.jpg
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	7137156

i would say its my fault but i literally had 2 hands on the wrench
    i had my hand on top of the wrench to make sure i didnt strip it and to ensure i was pushin down while i turned, ive stripped a bolt before so now im paranoid....didnt EVER think it would snap like that.

good thing I dont throw out most original parts. i put em in a box just in case, so i just threw on the old, rusted, corroded one
    I think im gonna call bavauto and get my money back at this point.

I put on my new fuel rail hose...been sittin at the house for about 2 months.lol I noticed it was moist after drives at the rail so it needed to get fixed. next is a solid injector service.

Name:	IMAG0326.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	7137157

finally put these on the front..dont have the spacers yet cause ejnight said it wont be until december(ish). now it matches the rear and i can slap the spacers on

Name:	IMAG0325.jpg
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	7137159

I tried making the eyelids fit but it doesnt fit without the crease showing so imma take the dremel to it so theres no crease visible. that was the only thing i didnt like about the eyelids I saw elsewhere. looks installed wrong when it shows

Name:	IMAG0327.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	7137158
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 12-10-2011, 01:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    100 dod

Im going to upload the footage from my crappy camera to my laptop tmrw and throw some kinda edit together but heres an iphone clip from a corner.

I love these noises

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Clutch Stop & Eyelids Paint

thanks for posting the complete list. ive seen it before but it doesnt really help me in terms of "feel". im still kinda lost.lol

and i dont know if it matters to much but i have HD shocks. i like the way they feel over sport springs. either way, I do realize the ideal set up would be valved shocks for my spring rates. but im not at that level yet and 500/700 coilover conversion might do well.
    I also like the progrssive spring explanation. thanks

*UPDATE:
    small but it goes with the big list of shiznit I ordered a page or so back..
    got my UUC clutch stop in! its the "big boy" V3.0

Name:	IMAG0311.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7137126

Name:	IMAG0312.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	7137127

Its funy cause I was sooooo close to canceling the order when I found they had em on ebay for like $5. But i said hey maybe ill get what I pay for. Sure enough they sent a hockey puck.lol it should hold up great to my clutch kicks and pep up my shifts. im looking forward to driving to work tmrw

Also got the can of color match paint. This is going to be for the big ass ding that came on the passenger side of the car. if i ever figure out how to pop it out.
    But most important, it will paint the eyelids!!

Name:	IMAG0310.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	7137128

this car below has inspired me to not only paint em bronzit like I thought I should, but also to not be so afraid of being a little different. follow MY gut. cause honestly I think the black eyelids looks f'ing wack. except on black & white cars. And once i actually learned what euro grills were, I thought how stupid. It just goes straight across the top. THATS THE DIFFERENCE:dot: I mean yea everyone does it but I think its stupid. like I said, i didnt know the difference for a while. eyelids cover that up anyway so now ill just say i have euro grills.

now enjoy this here eye candy:

Name:	green eyelids.jpeg
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7137129

so yea. im paintin it to match. i aallllready know ppl arent going to agree but whatev. ppl on here try to clown bronzit . I love the bronzit because when I go to a meet i dont see a bunch of cars the same color as mine. usually none! its boring blending in with all the rest. Someone at BMW saw that color and said, Yes it has to come in this color also. I thank them.lol

cause on some real, white325is just posted pics of his white vert E30 with bright ass wheels. one color in front and another in the back, can u believe it! But i didnt see one person bitch about it being "rice" or say where is this generation going or nothing about it being JDM or leave it for the hondas. why, cause the car is slammed and has a lip. Im not hatin on white325is AT ALL. i like his ride a lot. just sold him my cross brace for his very well made rear strut bar. it just makes me laugh at R3v inconsistency/bipolarism

Leave a comment:

• e46s54dr
    replied
    Stock 325i-----------------------106------------------------245
    Stock 325is----------------------118------------------------265
    Stock 325ix----------------------106------------------------308
    Stock M3-------------------------114------------------------314
    Stock M3--------------------------140------------------------250
    Dinan Sport-----------------------172------------------------300
    H&R OE Sport---------------------180------------------------380
    H&R Sport-------------------------180------------------------380
    H&R Sport (29664)---------------200------------------------285
    H&R Race-------------------------315------------------------ 570
    H&R Coilovers***----------------340------------------------380
    Eibach Pro-Kit--------------------102-------------------------277
    Eibach Race----------------------160-------------------------445
    IE SIII----------------------------315-------------------------570
    Koni Coilovers-------------------342-------------------------407
    Cosmo Coilovers----------------450-------------------------560
    Tokico----------------------------165-------------------------265
    TMS J-Stock**-------------------680------------------------1026
    Alpina(est.)---------------------~200-----------------------~350
    FK 60/60 cup kit-----------------379--------------------------379
    Vogtland Standard***--------115/197-----------------------360
    Vogtland CS***---------------137/200-----------------------400
    Vogtland--------------------------225--------------------------360

I think youll be quite happy with the 500/700 rates if you plan on drifting your car. Considering your sport spring rates are only 180/380. 500/700 is exponentially stiffer. Also, your current springs are progressive so theyre initially smooth and firm after. Linear springs will feel stiff right of the bat and will take away the body roll feel.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
    500f/700r is too soft for you? What rates are you planning on running? On a 500/700 setup, they already recommend revalving your shocks and struts so any stiffer will effect the proper dampening of your ride.
    well i should rephrase that. I think theyre too soft. ive never ACTUALLY rode in a car with stiff rates.

I should give Jeff a call! I need a spring rate to base how stiff i need my set up. all the E30's ive been in i think are just standard HR or some shit

500/700 coould work. I just reeally dont want the back to lean and rock so much.
    I think i heard somewhere that the old track E30's were like 550/700..either way i dont have any E30's to sit passenger and drift.
    And the one E30 i did drift with tein coilovers felt GREAT but the owner didnt even know what the rates were. it was an eta so i could feel less powa but it slid great

Leave a comment:

• e46s54dr
    replied
    500f/700r is too soft for you? What rates are you planning on running? On a 500/700 setup, they already recommend revalving your shocks and struts so any stiffer will effect the proper dampening of your ride.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
    Or if youre dead set on GCs. They will prolly sell fast tho.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=230107
    ooohh. thanks for lookin out guys. those rates are a little to soft for me tho
    Im just gonna save up and get the conversions in a month, brand new. Im just learning and who knows what can happen to me or the car. All I need is stiffer springs all the time. Not so much adjustability. I probably wont even know what im really doing adjusting shit.

I rode in an E30 with Bilstein HD's and GC coilover conversion springs right when I got my car and that car was on rails. From ppl ive been talking to on other forums also the stiff spring rates go well with HD shocks. plus the shocks are only like 5 months old.

*note: as of tonight the E30 has started its diet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X