Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    11/11/11 surgery

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
    Hey Malik – always great seeing someone roll up their sleeves and go to town on their e30!

Mad props.

One big thing that caused me concern with your build was the thicker rear sway bar..
    I noted that you reinforced the trailing arms – but didn’t see anything about reinforcing the rear bar/chassis mount.

You are seriously at risk of ripping the body/chassis mounts from the car – especially with spirited driving.

Advising something similar to this product:
    http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E30-...e30swaymt.html
    Haha. Thanks for the props. I really have zero experience working on cars. this is my first shot at it and its been fun. Its funny you say that though, cause I was just looking at getting these. I was procrastinating because ive never heard of anyone else putting it in but I def will now that you said something. Thanks for pointing that out bruh!

Originally posted by CreamBeam View Post
    nice progress on the car, its looking good. on a sidenote why is there always one speed3 amongst the beamer crowd lol, the kids i hang with all have beamers, but the one kid has a speed3 identical to the one in your last pic.
    LOLz. Yea my speed3 friend and I skate together. And from what ive seen mazda ppl enjoy driving and improving their cars just as much as we do. Theyre also open to other cars and dont hate on other cars like some car groups.

On a side note. Im having right shoulder surgery in the morning. I dont know how long I wont be able to drive for but its gonna SUCK! I may be ordering some goodies but im not sure yet. I might just save up till spring since im not sure if ill even be able to install what i buy. Ill be needing physical therapy but I really dont know what to expect.

If anyone heres a surgeon im having the latarjet procedure & slap repair done. FML!

Wish me luck and ill be refreshed and ready to get back at it when im healed.

List of things to come: (just to stay on path)
    power steering -- it got cold and now mine makes noisesssss.
    ground control coilover conversion or coilover kit...

bucket seat
    miller maf & WAR chip

Leave a comment:

• CreamBeam
    replied
    nice progress on the car, its looking good. on a sidenote why is there always one speed3 amongst the beamer crowd lol, the kids i hang with all have beamers, but the one kid has a speed3 identical to the one in your last pic.

Leave a comment:

• Simon S
    replied
    Hey Malik – always great seeing someone roll up their sleeves and go to town on their e30!

Mad props.

One big thing that caused me concern with your build was the thicker rear sway bar..
    I noted that you reinforced the trailing arms – but didn’t see anything about reinforcing the rear bar/chassis mount.

You are seriously at risk of ripping the body/chassis mounts from the car – especially with spirited driving.

Advising something similar to this product:

Leave a comment:

• ChimmyChong
    replied

Last edited by ChimmyChong; 11-10-2011, 09:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Skyline Drive 11/6/11

went out to skyline drive for the first time and had a blast! there wasnt a cloud in the sky and not a fed in sight.

We went with 6 cars, the best pic of us all parked wont upload for some reason. sometimes that happens to my pics. idk

heres a few pics. yea its not a build post but its rides like these that keep me wanting more. the roads were PERFECT. I cant wait to go back with coils and some chip goodies

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0574.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	7136519

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	7136521

Name:	IMG_0533.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	7136522

Name:	IMG_0537.jpg
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	7136523

Name:	IMG_0571.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	7136524

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimmyChong View Post
    Nice Build
    ;) Teehee
    hahaha...this guy

Leave a comment:

• ChimmyChong
    replied
    Nice Build
    ;) Teehee

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    hahaha thatd be crazy! and yeah, i think once i get suspension how i want it, and my engine all good, then i think Ill start looking.

oh and good choice lol

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    yup..that bench comes in handy for me. i wanna learn backflips just so I can flip off the bumpers. id loooove to get euro bumpers but i cant justify that much money not going under the hood or toward a full coilover kit.

I dont think im going to paint the bumpers black either..theres no turning back from it if it looks silly

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    MEH imo they dont look good painted idk..to each his own i guess. but yeah i guess they come in handy!!! i want euro bumpers lol. my ffront is like semi tucked and the rear is a bench hah

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick View Post
    db = diving board. aka the huge metal bumpers lol
    aaahh. speaking of DB's....should i paint the bumpers black? i feel like it only looks good when theyre tucked. But I dont really like the bumpers tucked. Yea it shortens it but it looks bad to me. Its not worth the gaps you get in the sides of the bumpers once its pushed in.

Plus I spun out drifting a few weeks ago and the shocks/hard ass bumpers allowed me to just bounce off the guard rail. scary. but if it was tucked it would have been much more damage. soooo paint bumpers black or no? thoughts...
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    db = diving board. aka the huge metal bumpers lol

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
    Wow. Never realized how horrible the chrome looked on db cars, great work!
    whats db cars?
    and thank you. sanding it took like 30min a side. Taping it all up was like 3hrs making sure it was flush and shit

Leave a comment:

• ROLLingKING
    replied
    Originally posted by dnick View Post
    damn i kinda wanna do this now... yeah what paint did you use??

and lol that old hose looked gross as shit!
    yea it was nasty. im not sure if its cause it was that old, but either way it gives me more reason to want to do compression tests and pistons/rings.lol

but the paint was duplicolor flat black trim paint. I read can after can of paint in auto zone and went with that. I also used 100 sand paper to get rid of the chrome. and so the paint had something to stick to. i messed up in a spot on the roof but was able to use gas & a rag to rub off all overspray. there were a few spots on the car that got hit with overspray but thank god for the gas takin it off

Name:	over spray.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	7136482

next i plan to paint the bumper with duplicolor bumper paint and get that lookin fresh

Leave a comment:

• dnick
    replied
    damn i kinda wanna do this now... yeah what paint did you use??

and lol that old hose looked gross as shit!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X