24 Valves in 24 hours build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by A_Whelan
    Really cool, more inspiration to get my swap started. What are the specs on your wheel/suspension setup? Very nice looking.
    Thanks buddy. They're 15x7 front 15x8 rear Diamond racing steelies stretched a little on 195/50/15s in the front, 205/50/15s in the rear. I was lower but we had to raise it a little due to the oil pan, I'm running on Tokico springs until my skid plate comes.

    Originally posted by alB5
    Great job bro, I'm currently looking for a spare M30B35 so looks like I'll be going through the same shit you are lol. I definitely can't wait to check it out sooner or later.
    Do it! M30B35 is a direct drop in from what I heard, same wiring harness?

    Originally posted by TimKninja
    Ill need to see this at the next E30 Meet that happens. Looking forward to doing this myself. How noticible is the increase in power over the M20?
    The torque curve is completely different. From 0-60 it's not that noticable at all, but from 60 and beyond its a COMPLETELY different motor. I can get to 100 in 5th from 60 as quick as an M20 in the powerband from 60.

    Originally posted by AbsorbantNut
    Nice job! Thats amazing at how quick you got it done! A lot of people here can learn from you about planning ahead, so when the job comes, you already know almost everything to do!
    Exactly, thanks man!

    Originally posted by Vtec?lol
    man, I can feel your energy and can tell you're really proud of what you guys accomplished. Good work guys.
    I'm still smiling up until today haha. Thanks!

    Originally posted by nickflic3
    Wow, had no idea haha Sounds like some good sht!

    I remember cranking my B25 swap for the first time. Shut it down after a minute of not being able to idle, addressed vacuum leaks, fired up again and drove out at 11PM. Had the same sketch feeling that somethin was gonna go wrong haha All was well though! Wish I could have done mine in such a timely manner haha
    Dude I was so stoked on the motor swap, I still haven't addressed my vaccum leaks haha. Thanks man

    Originally posted by GDA
    Very cool. Even better once you factor in the story and balls to do it in a weekend or two.

    Congrats
    Definitely, thank you!

    Leave a comment:


  • GDA
    replied
    Very cool. Even better once you factor in the story and balls to do it in a weekend or two.

    Congrats

    Leave a comment:


  • nickflic3
    replied
    Wow, had no idea haha Sounds like some good sht!

    I remember cranking my B25 swap for the first time. Shut it down after a minute of not being able to idle, addressed vacuum leaks, fired up again and drove out at 11PM. Had the same sketch feeling that somethin was gonna go wrong haha All was well though! Wish I could have done mine in such a timely manner haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    man, I can feel your energy and can tell you're really proud of what you guys accomplished. Good work guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • AbsorbantNut
    replied
    Nice job! Thats amazing at how quick you got it done! A lot of people here can learn from you about planning ahead, so when the job comes, you already know almost everything to do!

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    Ill need to see this at the next E30 Meet that happens. Looking forward to doing this myself. How noticible is the increase in power over the M20?

    Leave a comment:


  • alB5
    replied
    Great job bro, I'm currently looking for a spare M30B35 so looks like I'll be going through the same shit you are lol. I definitely can't wait to check it out sooner or later.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Whoa, didn't see this coming.
    Good job guys! I think I might be up next.

    Leave a comment:


  • matthugie
    replied
    That is both awesome and ballsy. I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • A_Whelan
    replied
    Really cool, more inspiration to get my swap started. What are the specs on your wheel/suspension setup? Very nice looking.

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Thanks man!

    Leave a comment:


  • StereoInstaller1
    replied
    Great job, guys.

    Congrats!

    Leave a comment:


  • lolcantturn
    replied
    Originally posted by Simon S
    Congrats on the swap.

    A little puzzled why you killed the poor m20 like that (?)
    Thanks! And I'm not too sure. I guess I had to end it in style?!

    Originally posted by Pantless Spency
    dude i so wish i was in jersey i'd come pick up that m20 in a heartbeat haha. i'm about to do a head gasket on mine, probably t belt and w pump at same time D:
    awesome pull-your-shit-together-swap sir. very efficient in time lol
    Good luck! HG's on M20's are very easy. And thanks!

    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Great job dude. One of these days I'm going to do a swap in a weekend.
    Thanks man!

    Originally posted by havoc
    hey good job on that build, im glad you pulled it off even though you were clue less about it! gives me hope. i'v been wanting to do something like that for a while.
    I have no idea what i need and where to start. Any advise?
    Research research research. I printed out and studied the whole E30DOHC wiki page for about a week. Expect the worse, never time anything, take your time, and remember the steps you did in case you need to go back for something. If you don't have all the tools expect this swap to go VERY slow. Invest in an electric impact wrench as well. There is no "hard parts" to this swap. There's just tedious, bloody knuckles moments such as removing the clutch slave, or driveshaft. Pull the motor with the trans and insert the motor with the trans. If there is a hard part, it has to be the wiring. Expect the worst but hope for the best, good luck! I can honestly say if we can do it, anyone can haha

    Leave a comment:


  • Jafxod
    replied
    Originally posted by havoc
    hey good job on that build, im glad you pulled it off even though you were clue less about it! gives me hope. i'v been wanting to do something like that for a while.
    I have no idea what i need and where to start. Any advise?
    Research research research, yeah i know we slapped this bitch in the car in a weekend but I know hes spent the past month gathering the knowledge he needed. Besides when we couldnt get the fuel/spark there was VERY LITTLE time spent sitting around scratching our heads, it was just step after step until it was done.

    Leave a comment:


  • havoc
    replied
    hey good job on that build, im glad you pulled it off even though you were clue less about it! gives me hope. i'v been wanting to do something like that for a while.
    I have no idea what i need and where to start. Any advise?

    Leave a comment:

Working...