Thanks buddy. They're 15x7 front 15x8 rear Diamond racing steelies stretched a little on 195/50/15s in the front, 205/50/15s in the rear. I was lower but we had to raise it a little due to the oil pan, I'm running on Tokico springs until my skid plate comes.
Do it! M30B35 is a direct drop in from what I heard, same wiring harness?
The torque curve is completely different. From 0-60 it's not that noticable at all, but from 60 and beyond its a COMPLETELY different motor. I can get to 100 in 5th from 60 as quick as an M20 in the powerband from 60.
Exactly, thanks man!
I'm still smiling up until today haha. Thanks!
Dude I was so stoked on the motor swap, I still haven't addressed my vaccum leaks haha. Thanks man
Definitely, thank you!
24 Valves in 24 hours build
Collapse
X
-
Very cool. Even better once you factor in the story and balls to do it in a weekend or two.
CongratsLeave a comment:
-
Wow, had no idea haha Sounds like some good sht!
I remember cranking my B25 swap for the first time. Shut it down after a minute of not being able to idle, addressed vacuum leaks, fired up again and drove out at 11PM. Had the same sketch feeling that somethin was gonna go wrong haha All was well though! Wish I could have done mine in such a timely manner hahaLeave a comment:
-
man, I can feel your energy and can tell you're really proud of what you guys accomplished. Good work guys.Leave a comment:
-
Nice job! Thats amazing at how quick you got it done! A lot of people here can learn from you about planning ahead, so when the job comes, you already know almost everything to do!Leave a comment:
-
Ill need to see this at the next E30 Meet that happens. Looking forward to doing this myself. How noticible is the increase in power over the M20?Leave a comment:
-
Great job bro, I'm currently looking for a spare M30B35 so looks like I'll be going through the same shit you are lol. I definitely can't wait to check it out sooner or later.Leave a comment:
-
Whoa, didn't see this coming.
Good job guys! I think I might be up next.Leave a comment:
-
Really cool, more inspiration to get my swap started. What are the specs on your wheel/suspension setup? Very nice looking.Leave a comment:
-
Thanks! And I'm not too sure. I guess I had to end it in style?!
Good luck! HG's on M20's are very easy. And thanks!
Thanks man!
Research research research. I printed out and studied the whole E30DOHC wiki page for about a week. Expect the worse, never time anything, take your time, and remember the steps you did in case you need to go back for something. If you don't have all the tools expect this swap to go VERY slow. Invest in an electric impact wrench as well. There is no "hard parts" to this swap. There's just tedious, bloody knuckles moments such as removing the clutch slave, or driveshaft. Pull the motor with the trans and insert the motor with the trans. If there is a hard part, it has to be the wiring. Expect the worst but hope for the best, good luck! I can honestly say if we can do it, anyone can hahaLeave a comment:
-
Research research research, yeah i know we slapped this bitch in the car in a weekend but I know hes spent the past month gathering the knowledge he needed. Besides when we couldnt get the fuel/spark there was VERY LITTLE time spent sitting around scratching our heads, it was just step after step until it was done.Leave a comment:
-
hey good job on that build, im glad you pulled it off even though you were clue less about it! gives me hope. i'v been wanting to do something like that for a while.
I have no idea what i need and where to start. Any advise?Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: