Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Your build is making me want to overhaul the rear end (control arms, bushings, etc.). Probably next on my todo list.
    Current: 1988 M3 - Henna/Black black alcantara

Guten Parts + Service
    ... When you care enough to only give the very best.

Previous:
    '87 S50 MTech 1 325is
    '07 DTM Audi S4
    '03 VF Supercharged M3
    '03 Lexus IS300 (615rwhp/512rwtq)

Comment

Nice work! Glad you posted this up. Good to see some builds being done right.

Originally posted by Roysneon
      $5 shipped?
      Originally posted by MarkD
      You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, means a lot honestly! All the hard work will pay off in the end =)
        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

i fully approve of this!

Can't wait until we come up!

Comment

i like the rear trailing arm re-inforcement. I like all the bolt turning thats going on. If this thread had a "LIKE " option i would press " like".

my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

I am curious about those trailing arm reinforcements, don't they bind on the fuel filler neck at ride height?
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by toointoxicated60 View Post
                i fully approve of this!

Can't wait until we come up!
                Going to be an awesome weekend!

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                I am curious about those trailing arm reinforcements, don't they bind on the fuel filler neck at ride height?
                I am not 100% sure yet, I checked on my brother's coiled vert(same height etc) And it looks like I am going to be safe. If not I will buy a fuel cell and fix the issue.

I used 1" sq tubing to sit in the middle and give me more room unlike that other guys round tubing that is flush. Mine is MORE ridged than his and more set in for clearance.

@ everyone else, thanks for the kind words and I am building two cars and both motors at the same time. So I will update when I get time with pictures. I am doing as much as one guy can.

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Update

Good news my friends! suspension is all on and the trailing arm braces CLEAR with TONS of room. I removed the coils in the rear and shock. Then pushed it up as far as I could go. The bottom nipple(on arm) has to be 2" from the top nipple to even touch the fuel filler tube.

I then took the rear rotors and sanded them clean and hit them with three coats of engine temp paint. So pictures will come tomorrow afternoon. I ran out of light =(

I also placed my order for new timing chains(lower&top), also got a new tensioner. So S50 cams are going in with new timing parts this weekend.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

very cool Brandon. Make me want that bbk even more

The Build:
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

nice build, why did you choose to go with plastic bumpers? metal bumpers weigh less

Comment

Cool build man! And I might have some seats if you're interested.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          nice build, why did you choose to go with plastic bumpers? metal bumpers weigh less
                          I have owned metal bumpers for almost 9 years now. I felt it would be nice to have something different. My brother already has euro, so I thought plastic bumper with a MT2 front lower valance would look great =) (MT2 already stored!)

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Update: Suspension

The rain let off enough for me to get the rear rotors on so that I could hook the brakes up and get it on the ground!

Onto pics:

Spring rates: 700R/500F

Gray is the color of paint I had, so it is better than the ugly surface rust. Sand and paint.

Rear is all done, getting ready to remove jacks and get back on the ground(first time in 1.5 years!)

Dat ass...will get better =)

But all said and done...she is on the ground with everything clearing and working 100% Happy day for me no joke! I yelled with pure manly joy when it was down =)

Weekend goals:
                            I will be rattle can painting my bay till I can afford a real paint job. Installing s50 cams and doing the timing chains and other bits along with it. Parts came from Steve@blunttech.com
                            Last edited by F34R; 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM.

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Your going to need better shocks or get yours revalved. The front seems stiffer then it needs to be compared to the rear even with a swap. Maybe go 800-900r.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                                Your going to need better shocks or get yours revalved. The front seems stiffer then it needs to be compared to the rear even with a swap. Maybe go 800-900r.
                                There is no shocks in the rear right now. Just the coils, the shocks are on my mother's e30 till the new sports and H&R sports come in. I did not dial the suspension in at all. Just installed the parts and screwed the rears down till they were about the same with the end of my 1/2 ratchet.

I would LOVE info on valving and places that do it. I know that is a thing I have to do yet. But is it needed when I have only around 1,500 miles on the struts and shocks?

I might have gotten the rates backwards... xD tomorrow I'll know.
                                Last edited by F34R; 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM.

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X