Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon,

I was investigating vinyl wrap and saw a 3M product called Matte Brown Metallic. I instantly thought of your car.

Here's what it looks like: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t...peedfiendz.jpg

I know you're about go more than show, but i think this would really push your car over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
      Damn that sucks. So far thats my only fear about buying GCs or anything with Konis in them, is that their gonna blow.

You had to drive polly in the winter?
      Ground Control told me that these higher end inserts never come back for being blown...so I am not doubting how well they are made, I just think with being lowered and bad roads it did them in.

And yes...sadly Polly has seen snow, salt but she was washed every other day and went through the wash that does the underside. I put her on the lift and cleaned the underside while I did the brakes too.

Originally posted by evandael View Post
      Brandon,

I was investigating vinyl wrap and saw a 3M product called Matte Brown Metallic. I instantly thought of your car.

Here's what it looks like: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-t...peedfiendz.jpg

I know you're about go more than show, but i think this would really push your car over the edge.
      I have a few ideas for a finish, right now I am waiting for nice weather so I can cut her up and weld in new things and stuffs!
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Took Polly over to my Uncles shop to put on the lift...round two here we go:

If I end up paying for a second set of these I am going to be very upset...800.00 in two years is fucking NUTS for just the front inserts. I bought them because of lifetime warranty.

Insert fluid was all over everything, total fucking mess.

Insert fluid that was inside the housing, the label got wet and crumbled to pieces.

I tore the entire housing down to a blank spindle with the bearing and put it in the parts washer, completely cleaned free of any dirt and fluid! damn the car feels soooo good!

Current cars:
        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
        ~ '87 535
        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Those are iX adjustable ones in shortened housings correct? I keep thinking I want to shorten my housings and go iX konis but now I'm not so sure...
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            Those are iX adjustable ones in shortened housings correct? I keep thinking I want to shorten my housings and go iX konis but now I'm not so sure...
            These are the short Koni ground control spec inserts that have adjustable dampening.

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Man what a great thread. Great work and solid build.

Awesome work and love the choice of the old school M30.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKCHARM88 View Post
                Interesting... Have you recently weighed it?
                Im curious of this as well
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Koni. Were they leaking around the adjuster or the shaft?
                  -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
                    Man what a great thread. Great work and solid build.

Awesome work and love the choice of the old school M30.
                    Thanks! Lots of learning and hard work.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    Im curious of this as well
                    I will do it for you tomorrow.

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                    Welcome to the wonderful world of Koni. Were they leaking around the adjuster or the shaft?
                    Shaft

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

how are you liking the new tires?
                      '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                        I will do it for you tomorrow.
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                          how are you liking the new tires?
                          So much better than the Dunlop Z101

I ended up taking the work van since I have to get dirty and help my father pull some parts...I did not want to get my Recaros dirty. Don't worry! I have posted my car's weight before(few pages back).

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I have posted my car's weight before(few pages back).
                            I just wasted the last hour looking for it and only found one post on your very first post and it was when the car was just a shell

Is it that hard to just answer the question?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I just wasted the last hour looking for it and only found one post on your very first post and it was when the car was just a shell

Is it that hard to just answer the question?

Post# 135 is the last time I weighed the car, since then I have removed more metal and removed the heavy seats in favor of Recaros, I am also interested in the weight. In the photo on the scale I have the roof rack on, I weighed that later and it was around 30lbs, so as it sits I know I am under the 2,400 mark.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Post# 135 is the last time I weighed the car, since then I have removed more metal and removed the heavy seats in favor of Recaros, I am also interested in the weight. In the photo on the scale I have the roof rack on, I weighed that later and it was around 30lbs, so as it sits I know I am under the 2,400 mark.
                                Not bad! Mine is a little heavier than yours, but I have a full interior, 12" lukebox and weighed mine with a full tank. My car has the manual windows, manual locks, no check panel, so Im sure all those minor things add up. When you are searching for those last few lbs you will have to get creative. The sunroof delete definitely helped, I keep wanting to do that, but I doubt I will until its a track car. For now its my daily and I like letting the CA sun in

You should weigh it when you have a full tank, but Im sure you are still under 2400lbs. You mention your goal is 2100lbs, thats going to be pretty tough to take out another 300lbs, but who knows... I wanted mine to be under 1 ton (2200), but again Im not concerned about that while its a daily.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X