Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    Thanks Stu =) Bimmerfest here I COME! Just need to wait on the custom spacers and rear Gc shocks to get in so I can get the wheels aligned.
    Sounds great! And psh, you ain't that low ;)

If all goes as planned, my car should be there, but not I :/

You'll meet my car before you meet me

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
    Congrats man!
    Thanks Stu =) Bimmerfest here I COME! Just need to wait on the custom spacers and rear Gc shocks to get in so I can get the wheels aligned.

Originally posted by CW325 View Post
    Wow that engine really cleaned up!
    Nothing like an angle grinder with an abrasive wheel attachment. Did the whole intake and valve cover in under 30mins.

Here is a better angle of it, tomorrow I will mask off the engine and shoot the bay in black HiTemp engine paint. Just repaint it from all the engine work the past weekend. Then go to town on cleaning the hoses and using some back to black stuff for the plastic. Just make it look so damn nice.

I REALLY love that M42 dress up to hide the main wiring and relays.
    Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CW325
    replied
    Wow that engine really cleaned up!

Leave a comment:

• FunfGan
    replied
    Congrats man!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by KatFish View Post
    The car is limbo LOW! Was really happy to hear it turn over. The lug nuts you got for it are crazy!
    Yeah man, how did you like scrapping on a flat surface? People just don't understand till you stand next to it and see that your knees are higher than the hood! I love how you said you LOVE fish haha, 'KatFish' haha
    Thank you so much for coming over Chris, means a lot! Could not have done it without you and Frank. You guys are bit crazy with those wiring skills!

Tonight's work:
    So my buddy Frank comes over(FrankM from here) with his friend Chris(KatFish) to help resolve the issue. Turns out the starter got some water in it and got ruined.

Granted it was working RIGHT before I pulled the engine. I believe that was caused from throwing a tarp over it with the little storm we just had. Whatever, changed it out and found after a few hours of trouble shooting. It was was not allowing power to the K5 relay to give it the needed voltage to turn the engine over.

This was caused because it was once an Automatic, the automatic has a range switch(when you select P-R-D-3-2-1). That was causing it to not allow power to the relay under the dash and thus no power to the K5 relay.

Frank hooked a jumper and she fired up!

Rough idle is from a HUGE hole in the intake boot. PM me if you have a really nice one laying around!

Things ordered today:
    Magnaflow 14828 (3"inlet to 4"out)
    Aluminum PS delete from Condor Speed Shop(silence on here)
    GC valved Koni rear shocks

HUGE thanks to Jay at GC for lending/shipping me a set to get me to Bimmerfest!

I truly have some great friends!
    Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012, 09:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X