Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zwill23
    replied
    How's the machine doing? Is it seeing positive pressure?

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R View Post
    I've got 2 months to make the e30CCA meet, we'll see what happens between now and then. Failure will be me driving my e46 Touring.
    oh man oh man this has been a long time coming haha. Good luck man!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by wworm View Post
    oh my god finally an update! boost??
    I've got 2 months to make the e30CCA meet, we'll see what happens between now and then. Failure will be me driving my e46 Touring.

Leave a comment:

• wworm
    replied
    oh my god finally an update! boost??

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by paynemw View Post
    Have you dyno'ed the b35 with MS2?
    I have not but some changes are in the works this weekend so hoping to have updates by the end of next month(depending on work and finding a new place)

Originally posted by ZodGilla View Post
    Do you mind posting more info about your trailer hitch?

I've been thinking about making one out of square tube, replacing the bumper mounts, and hiding it under my stock diving boards.
    I have to upload photos from my desk top at my place, working out of town so maybe I can get to it next week.

It is angle bar stock 1/4'' with square 1/8 tube into the frame rails and seam welded. The hitch is removable via two frame bolts and clamps down on.

Leave a comment:

• ZodGilla
    replied
    Do you mind posting more info about your trailer hitch?

I've been thinking about making one out of square tube, replacing the bumper mounts, and hiding it under my stock diving boards.

Leave a comment:

• paynemw
    replied
    Have you dyno'ed the b35 with MS2?

Leave a comment:

• alistairolsen
    replied
    Cool project!

Thanks <3 I am glad others enjoy my passion and outlet.

Don't worry little Hobbit ;D
    I give you 245/40/17 and 215/45/17 tucked nicely on the BMW e30 with stock fenders **HEAVILY flared**
    Can you tell me what wheel width and offset you're using and any spacers? I found this on the first post and wanted to confirm it's still correct?

Wheels/spacers:
    Artec MI 3pc 17x8/9 4x100 et38(before spacers)

42 Draft Designs custom spacers:
    25mm front 15mm rear.

So effectively ET13 on the front and ET 23 on the rear?

From a browse through, you're on a standard rear subframe (barring the adjusters and stock front sub and arms all round?

Apart from rolling the arch lip, how much have you had to modify the shape of the arch itself?

Thanks
    Last edited by alistairolsen; 01-10-2018, 04:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vtechnik
    replied

So cool. This has always been easily one of my favorite builds, nice job

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    I was planning to try some events out! After the move I had all sorts of issues with the cooling system(elevation change is a bitch).

We should meet up so I can gain some local knowledge on events!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck yeah man, come out! The first PPIR TA is on the 19th, unfortunately I work until 11am. I'm going to see if I can swap weekends with a co-worker to make that event.

Leave a comment:

• AwakenNoMore
    replied
    Still love this thread/car. Something about a car having character and being used instead of being shiny always speaks to me.

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Thinking about doing any fun events this year? PPIR time attack, Bmw cca auto-X and/or driving schools are all fun and it'd be great if you came out!

I was planning to try some events out! After the move I had all sorts of issues with the cooling system(elevation change is a bitch).

We should meet up so I can gain some local knowledge on events!

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied
    Thinking about doing any fun events this year? PPIR time attack, Bmw cca auto-X and/or driving schools are all fun and it'd be great if you came out!

Leave a comment:

• F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Your sig decided it wants to be massive, so I decided it was a good time to shitpost here and bug you for updates or random pictures of shit.
    I noticed that a few days ago in another thread, I think Flickr changed something? I fixed it that day but is it still causing an issue?

Polly is under a protective cover, on top of a mountain...awaiting a dry road, for her sticky tires to adhere to!
    I did build a sweet tow hitch into the frame rails, I have yet to sort those photos and add them to the thread.

Here is a few photos from this summer/fall after my move to Colorado. I used her for construction jobs I started this year, built that deck with a helper...kinda crazy leaving my Father's company and starting out on my own 1,800 miles from home.

I notched each joist into a 12x6-24' cedar beam then bird mouthed each rafter for the roof line on the patio cover.
    Last edited by F34R; 02-06-2017, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Your sig decided it wants to be massive, so I decided it was a good time to shitpost here and bug you for updates or random pictures of shit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X