If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Schwarz/Houndstooth Mtech1 S52 coupe: 10 year journey
Awesome man! You will love the 24V setup in an E30! Smoother, more powerful, no more timing belt, no more manual valve adjustments, easier oil changes, no manual belt tensioning... good times!
nice where did you find the valence? Also, may want to replace the cam gear and oil drive gear with the later style (sintered) ones, those early ones are known to fail.
It's been a year since I updated this, so I'm going to do a quick update with pictures.
When I finished the HG (sooooo dirty):
And gratuitous tailpipe is still there (new muffler was next):
All clean:
Got a lip from Austin:
No more bozouku pipe:
Replaced fuel lines:
Bought some new seats!:
Did this:
Mine, buddy's car, and the rabbit:
My tach took a crap again, so I looked inside and found a burnt path. Soldered some wires in its place to fix it:
Decided to drag Ricky and Abe into a long day of wrenching. Put in a S2.93, and attempted to lower the car on ST springs and used shocks (horrible idea, I'll explain later):
Josh showed up to help, because the front shocks were I bought were blown and the wrong size. He saved the day with a different pair laying around.
Diff and rear susp. in, toiling on front suspension:
Results:
Tried to get rid of the oxidation:
Prepping for ABQ:
Couple days after:
Then I finished school, so I got to move back home!
This is where shit hit the fan. I realized that the ST springs I had bought were for a 318 once my front shocks blew and I was bound to nosedive my oil pan straight into the ground at any moment. I looked up my order from eBay, and sure enough, I fucked up. Maybe that was why the car was so raked forward....
Anyway, the car was undriveable, so I decided to redo it (myself, this time) with some Bilstein HD's and H&R sports.
Up she goes, for a month or so...
Getting the old stuff out:
Sold this lot:
With the car in the air (waiting on springs), I painted all the front and rear trim:
Results:
Also did the wheels, since the springs were backordered:
Finally:
Rear done:
Now the front:
The day after (on an incline):
Got to take it to the islands after I finished, which was quite a reward:
Leave a comment: