★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    LOL yeah, just went back and realized it's been there for a bit. Just most of the angles of the more recent pictures haven't highlighted it as much I guess.

Is there a story as to how it got there? :popcorn:
    No idea how it got there... but this is the "dink" origin story lol

Gonna get all the dents fixed soon now that I have teh funds.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I also drove around a bit today. Was fun.

DSC_5814 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Smokey up there right now! You should just powdercoat clear over that bar, it looks good unfinished like that.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          Smokey up there right now! You should just powdercoat clear over that bar, it looks good unfinished like that.
          Yeah a few fires going on right now :(

I think I will try to keep it unfinished.

On a side note, when I did my odo gears I tightened the ground nut for the temp gauge. That seems to have fixed the wandering needle I had been experiencing.

Comment

Things that have happened recently:

- Met up with some E30 guys
            - Went to a car show
            - Started installing a horn button since driving without one is somewhat dangerous/inconvenient imo
            - Realized I actually need a horn retention ring to properly mount horn
            - Decide to temporarily mount horn button with hot glue until Thursday
            - Hot glue melted after sitting in the sun all day while at work
            - rip

DSC_5853 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Comment

There is a lot of the e30 spirit in this car, I love it man.

Comment

So I killed another oil pan today... Hit a rock in the middle of the road. Awesome.

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles rock.

So I have a spare pan. Only problem is, the drain plug was stripped when I got the car. I tried repairing it myself while the pan was on the car (see here). Unfortunately when I tried to drill and re-tap it, it ended up crooked and wouldn't seal. Is it possible to drill out the helicoil, fill up the hole, and re-drill and tap it? Or any other solution?

:(

Comment

son of a bitch

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                    son of a bitch
                    doesn't change Futura/dink plans lol

Comment

Suuuuuxxxxx.

Take the pan to a machine shop and let them fix it. Not sure of cost, but I wouldn't expect it to be over $100.
                      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
                      -----------------------------------------
                      91 318is Turbo Sold
                      87 325 Daily driver Sold
                      06 4.8is X5
                      06 Mtec X3
                      05 4.4i X5 Sold
                      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
                      90 325i Sold
                      97 328is Sold
                      01 323ci Sold
                      92 325i Sold
                      83 528e Totaled
                      98 328i Sold
                      93 325i Sold

Comment

Damn nice pet rock. Have you thought about drilling the hole larger & using a larger timesert/helicoil?

side note, I have two spare m20 pans if you do end up wanting to get a new one.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
                          Suuuuuxxxxx.

Take the pan to a machine shop and let them fix it. Not sure of cost, but I wouldn't expect it to be over $100.
                          Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                          Damn nice pet rock. Have you thought about drilling the hole larger & using a larger timesert/helicoil?
                          Took it to a shop to see what can be done. I don't see why it can't be fixed. But, I bought another pan just in case. Also ordered a Red46 plate to replace the shitty Raceskids one.

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                          side note, I have two spare m20 pans if you do end up wanting to get a new one.
                          Dang. I shoulda hit you up.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            Also ordered a Red46 plate to replace the shitty Raceskids one.
                            What happened with it? Did it go through the plate? (Just about to order one of these two)

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              What happened with it? Did it go through the plate? (Just about to order one of these two)
                              I'm going to post a bunch of pictures of what happened when I have the car up. But, I looked under it last night and it seems my suspicions were correct. I believe the rock hit the middle of one of the vents causing the material left from the vent cutout to fold up into the pan.

It's a terrible design in my opinion and I had been meaning to change it out for a red46 or severe duty one before something like this happened... You can see how that went lol

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                Took it to a shop to see what can be done. I don't see why it can't be fixed. But, I bought another pan just in case. Also ordered a Red46 plate to replace the shitty Raceskids one.
                                Is the Red46 any better? Return the Red46, buy an HIK Fab skidplate and never break another pan again.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X