X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wwfkd

What Would FredK Do?

Comment

Absorbanut at that low no plate will save your oil pan. From the looks of that plate its getting more then scraped on the ground.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I don't even run a plate anymore after bending two of them.

I really don't want to weld an HIK one to my rails, but maybe I will later on when I drive the car more often. :o

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I will have to say. My raceskids has saved my ass more times then not.
          My drive way is rocky and uneven so it constantly scrapes, hit some bad potholes the other night for the first time, and a huge bud light can and it exploded all over the bottom of the car.
          Maybe one day it will catch up with me, but I might weld a piece of metal to the oil pan for extra strength.
          88 d21 draggin pavement
          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

I do like the aspect of being able to jack the car up from the skidplate with an HIK one... that would be rad.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bggdnssnguy View Post
              I will have to say. My raceskids has saved my ass more times then not.
              My drive way is rocky and uneven so it constantly scrapes, hit some bad potholes the other night for the first time, and a huge bud light can and it exploded all over the bottom of the car.
              Maybe one day it will catch up with me, but I might weld a piece of metal to the oil pan for extra strength.

I've thought of doing that many times when I had my raceskids pan.
              Welding 2 long pieces of metal downwards to add some strength. Broke the plate before ever implementing it

I made you a new sig Phil

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Absorbanut at that low no plate will save your oil pan. From the looks of that plate its getting more then scraped on the ground.
                  Yes, there's some very bad road work down here....I suppose I was expecting it to protect me from some raised objects or potholes I might miss. Not a big deal, car is nowhere as low curently

Originally posted by ak- View Post

If the captain scene points request worked this can too

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

All right.

Who made all the new crop of avatars?

I just noticed.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                      All right.

I just noticed.

Kershaw made them all
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                        I do like the aspect of being able to jack the car up from the skidplate with an HIK one... that would be rad.
                        It really is the handiest thing ever.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

All right.

I just noticed.

It just appeared for me

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                          It really is the handiest thing ever.
                          I think I'm gonna stick with the red46 for now... But when I reinforce the front subframe and do a new rack, that's when I'll upgrade to the hik.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            I think I'm gonna stick with the red46 for now... But when I reinforce the front subframe and do a new rack, that's when I'll upgrade to the hik.
                            Solid plan- at that point you will already have the welder right there!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

All right.

I just noticed.

I think I got hacked too... They must know how I look because its almost spot on to me
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

So I was doing some research on oil pan sealants. Saw a lot of talk about Permatex Right Stuff, so I picked up a tube of that. Should I use that or the Goetze gasket I have?

Also... for those wondering about the differences between the Raceskids plate and the Red46 one... Yeah. I think it's obvious which is better. They're the same gauge steel, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X