No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, my car does that lumpy idle thing, and occasionally drops down and attempts to idle at ~400RPM. Tried a smoke test, re-seal all the intake side/new vac lines/PCV hose/valve cover/bitch tube, and replaced injectors, ICV, AFM, and blue coolant temp sensor with no change in behaviour, so I've given up.

I'd be interested to see what fixes yours.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      That is a lot of play in that bearing. There shouldn't be enough for you to detect it. Call up GC and order a new bearing/rod end.

I'm a little surprised because GC seems to use really good quality spherical bearings compared to other camber plates/end links I've had.
      Yeah, I pm'd Mark but I have to call them

Also, my car does that lumpy idle thing, and occasionally drops down and attempts to idle at ~400RPM. Tried a smoke test, re-seal all the intake side/new vac lines/PCV hose/valve cover/bitch tube, and replaced injectors, ICV, AFM, and blue coolant temp sensor with no change in behaviour, so I've given up.

I'd be interested to see what fixes yours.
      Damn... does yours throw a check engine light when idling?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Hung out with a hondafeg today

20140803-DSC_2512 by PhillipKeefe, on Flickr
        Last edited by lambo; 08-04-2014, 07:31 PM.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

boredom

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Damn Pare couldn't fix that damn dent for him ! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              Damn... does yours throw a check engine light when idling?
              Only right before/while it drops to try to idle very low or when it hunts for idle.

Code it throws is "Lambda Control" AKA anything.

Comment

Only right before/while it drops to try to idle very low or when it hunts for idle.

Code it throws is "Lambda Control" AKA anything.
                Hmm... I just picked up an icv today, and I have refreshed m50 injectors on the way. I'll probably start cleaning and prepping my spare intake manifold for when those parts show up. We'll see where that gets me.

Comment

Posted a picture of my car on reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comments..._the_open_road) and this super cool guy drew a picture of it ^_^

Comment

cool

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Random note: If you want them, Orange 1157 bulbs should be available almost anywhere that has automotive bulbs.

Comment

Random note: If you want them, Orange 1157 bulbs should be available almost anywhere that has automotive bulbs.
                        Thing is I don't want the bulbs to show up orange when not illuminated. I'm sure there's something out there. I just haven't looked into it as it's not very high on the priority list right now.

Comment

Orange LEDs . They are white when off. And orange when they flash.

Comment

ddm has some. The bulbs look chrome, but blink amber

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Cleaned my spare intake manifold and valve cover today. Intake manifold was painted by the PO of the car I got it off of. Whoever it was is a lazy fuck. I'm pretty sure they only painted the top of it. I'm going to do the valve cover wrinkle black. Intake will stay silver as I don't feel like prepping it at the moment. Plus, I could just thoroughly clean the one I''m taking off, paint it and throw it on at a later date.

Clean M50 injectors are on the way. Probably going to make an order with blunt for some other bits, and I should be installing over the weekend. Can't wait to get this stuff on the engine :)

Comment

id go all black. smexy. With black lettering too.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X