No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After riding around in 325ix's e30 I'm starting to question if I want to go with 9's and 215/40-45's... Kinda considering 16x8's and a more reasonable/less-stretched tire...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

1+ on weaves sucking for DD status.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        After riding around in 325ix's e30 I'm starting to question if I want to go with 9's and 215/40-45's... Kinda considering 16x8's and a more reasonable/less-stretched tire...

this, I am most likely selling my 16x9 gottis with 205 45, for something more 8J with thicker tire.
        2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
        (Daily Driver)
        Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
        KW V2 Coilovers
        VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
          1+ on weaves sucking for DD status.
          He's talking about the ride, and possibility of bending them. With 205/40 and 215/40's road reflectors feel like speed bumps. The ride is terrible. Before everyone tells me I need more sidewall, I know. The PO put these tires and I think more sidewall would help immensely.

Comment

16x8 +20 with some 225s

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
              16x8 +20 with some 225s
              That's what I was thinking. 16x8 with some 225/45's...

How's about these?

Only problem is the highest offset is ET10...think I could still fit a 225 on there?

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Well, after thinking about it for a bit...I think I'm gonna go with 9's and these tires in 205/45.

This is how they look on a 16x9.

Comment

That is PERFECTION! Sorry I didnt see your response, 205 will be perfect with lower offset..

I run 205's with +8 in the rear and they clear... barely

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

I've never seen a car in need of rims soooo bad! Have you thought about the CCW knock off that XXR makes? those would look good too.
                    My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                      That is PERFECTION! Sorry I didnt see your response, 205 will be perfect with lower offset..

I run 205's with +8 in the rear and they clear... barely
                      I know! I was excited to find a reasonable fitting tire for a reasonable price that handles reasonably well haha...

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      I've never seen a car in need of rims soooo bad! Have you thought about the CCW knock off that XXR makes? those would look good too.
                      Trust me...I know. I need to get a job when I move up to Ft. Collins...

I thought about them... actually, more accurately, I thought about Varrstoen V3's but I dunno. I kinda like the classic RS look even though cleaning them will be a bitch...

Comment

Just get proper pads with low dust. All I do to clean my style 5's is spray them down with wheel cleaner, then hose them off
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Well, I got the weaves on today. Now I just need to space them out...a lot.

And, the first snow it has seen this year...E30's don't like being cold...

Comment

Also, I think I might switch to an is lip sometime. And I'm almost certain I'm gonna throw some black bumpers on too.

Comment

Your car looks awesome Phil!
                              Don't change a thing.
                              Rock the weaves.

Sina

edit: haha btw our cars have the same look now: low, bweaves, roof rack, fairing, etc...

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                                Your car looks awesome Phil!
                                Don't change a thing.
                                Rock the weaves.

Sina

edit: haha btw our cars have the same look now: low, bweaves, roof rack, fairing, etc...
                                Thanks, man!

I am still planning on going with some 16x9's though...However, if I happen upon a set of Ronal LS's, ACT mesh wheels or some like 15" BBS RZ's, I would have a very hard time turning those down. I am a huge fan of the OEM+ look.

Comment

Working...
                                X