No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like with a solid skin, it's not going to split like that or catch something on the edge of one of the vents as it drags across. It's just going to dent or crease.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1084__74362.1453259913.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	7188249

That HIK does look the beefy however.

Comment

Got the oil pan repaired. It was able to be drilled out and re-threaded. Only cost $60 so that's nice. Hope I can knock the rest out this weekend.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

That skid plate is pretty good, I'd hit so much shit with my. No problem.

Comment

I need to hurry up and install my red46 pan... Ive had it for like 2 years :rofl:
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I need to hurry up and install my red46 pan... Ive had it for like 2 years :rofl:
            Do it before something bad happens lol

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
              I wouldve already done it but the 84 radiator support is a little different.

and something already happened, my friend busted the pan in december when he crashed into a curb. also bent the wheels, control arms, fenders, and a small dent in the rad support, but just enough to cause a pinhole leak in the radiator.

cars better than before now, but yea... that red46 skidplate needs to go on. I already have the wholes drilled considering that my cars PO was Ben, Mr. red46 himself.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Its not like it would matter, Simon's car can't be killed.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                  Its not like it would matter, Simon's car can't be killed.

Not to derail this thread, but seriously its been through hell and back and it still lives to fight another day
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Not to derail this thread, but seriously its been through hell and back and it still lives to fight another day
                    This thread has never been on track lol

Comment

Where your O.Z.s at?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                        Where your O.Z.s at?
                        On a shelf. I do have a hook up for powder coating the faces after getting the one face fixed. So, Futura rebuild is on for this fall/winter. I need to get another vehicle first. I really want to get something capable off road.

Comment

d90 defender. I got some badass window visors for you if you do

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

This thread has convinced me that a sedan is the way to go. So thanks for that!

Beauty car that you've got here!

Comment

Good job skidplate. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                                Is the Red46 any better? Return the Red46, buy an HIK Fab skidplate and never break another pan again.
                                I vote this if you want a permanent solution. I had a red46 skid plate and it crumpled/bowed upwards & killed my oil pan
                                The whole skid plate folded & hit my oil pan, even with the motor spaced up 20mm....
                                Then again, you don't plan to really be that low anymore right?

Nijna insterion edit
                                Look at the part of the skid plate where it attaches to the subframe

Last edited by AbsorbantNut; 08-28-2016, 12:04 PM.

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Working...
                                X