No announcement yet.

★ ★ Project Glacier | Make the E30 a Daily Again ★ ★

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking pup you got there, similar looking to my lil' guy.
    Steve • Toronto
    1991 318is • Brillantrot
    Build Thread

Comment

Finally made some progress... by dropping it off at my friends shop to get some work done

But after this work is done, I will finally pull it in the garage to tear it apart for the cooling system upgrade and A/C install

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Damn here i was hoping you would ditch the turd for the TRD supercharger.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Damn here i was hoping you would ditch the turd for the TRD supercharger.
          Nah the plan is to daily this turd so I don’t spend as much money on gas and tires, then I can use that money to buy supercharger.

B I G B R A I N

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Soon I'll have it torn apart in the garage to prep it for the drive out to O'Fest

Comment

Finally getting started.

Disregard the bed liner on the roof.

Posting so y’’all can make fun of me and hold me accountable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	lMkyV9Zh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.1 KB ID:	9864502

Comment

Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Been making small amounts of progress over the past few evenings.

As with anything, I'm finding more things that need to be addressed than I originally anticipated... so that's fun.

In better news, I finally shipped my wheel out the Ehlrich Wheelworks. Hopefully that should be sorted in the next few weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	95uQDARh.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	9865728

Comment

DSC00042 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

And my roommate's new toy... I'm kinda jealous...

DSC00044 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Comment

it appears you also got a new toy... fancy camera?

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

DSC00042 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr
                        YES!

Originally posted by lambo View Post

And my roommate's new toy... I'm kinda jealous...

DSC00044 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr
                        NO!!!!!

focus!
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                          I know a lot of e30 guys with Jeeps as well. Weirdly enough most of them have Cherokees lol
                          Around here most people have e30's and XJ's. My e30 replaced an '89 4x4 pickup

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post

Around here most people have e30's and XJ's. My e30 replaced an '89 4x4 pickup
                            nice!
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Bit of an update.

With ofest looming, I finally kicked my ass in gear and over the past few days I got the car put back together. Unfortunately I'll be breaking one of my promises. I told myself I wouldn't let the car leave the garage until the Futura's were installed and the car had A/C. The bent Futura is getting fixed by Paul at Erhlich Wheel Works. Hoping that gets back sometime this week. But, I procrastinated a bit and I underestimated what I needed to do to get an R134a A/C system in this car. I won't be able to complete that system to my satisfaction before I leave for Virginia... So I decided to just not do it lol. Fortunately, this time of year it really isn't necessary so I should be good.

The car got pretty much a full tune up. Spark plugs, wires, distributor, rotor, and coil are all new. I did a timing belt/water pump and replaced all the coolant hoses. I replaced the radiator with a Z3M S54 one (stoked that was a bolt-in replacement), along with a new radiator temp sensor. I did a valve adjustment and replaced the valve cover gasket/rocker plugs/camshaft seal. I also replaced the timing belt/water pump while I was this deep in the engine bay. The oil pan gasket was replaced. And with my hookup, my e30 will be living its best life with genuine BMW coolant.

There's a few more things I need to do before the big trip. I'm a little nervous about the 3,000+ mile round trip but I trust this old girl. I need to sort out my front sway bar. The 10+ year old GC adjustable end links self destructed (probably because of me not maintaining them properly...) so I need to find some end links that are the right size for my set up. Other than that, I need to figure out my ride height for the weight I'll be carrying for the trip. That's important because I'm going full retard and mounting the tent from my Tacoma to the roof of my E30 for this trip. It's gonna be stupid but fun af. I'm also running slightly taller tires than I did in the past for the Futuras so I'm praying I can get the fitment right so I don't rub on this big trip.

Comment

Wow it's crunch time now. I've been following along with you progress on IG. I made a 2k mile drive MD to MT a day after finishing a swap for a new m20. I have faith you'll make it. And at least in Virginia you'll be surrounded by e30s incase you need to borrow any parts haha.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
                                X