Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still no 772 euro valance - delayed again

lame update

car's in storage with a trunk full of misc parts.

seems like the 772 euro valance / front panel is out of stock at BMW Germany. been waiting since early August. May need to break down and find a used one in decent shape.

ordered some misc missing bits for the ITBs from dbilas including the throttle cable. crazy expensive. turns out the throttle cable they sent me is a bmw part. go figure...
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Found these pics recently of an Austrian euro ic. OMG. Exact front end setup I'm using. That rear deck looks amazing without the brake light wart! and those wheels, stance..... just wow.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 08:20 PM.

HOWTOs:
      DB vert plastic bumpers
      OEM Keys
      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
      91 ic Calypso 3.1
      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

AdamK (Syncro325is) appears to have an M20 supercharger kit in the works. Sounds like no A/C or PS in his setup though which is a show stopper for me.

Here's his thread.

another supercharging M20 thread
        http://www.e30owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22672
        Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 08:22 PM.

HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Gave up on the eibachs and went with H&R sports all the way around. much better ride and stance, no cut front tires on turn in, better ground clearance up front.

prepping the car for At The Vintage next month. new battery and alternator, completing the intensive cleaning wiring, weatherstripping.. lots of details.

Road trip!
          Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 08:23 PM.

HOWTOs:
          DB vert plastic bumpers
          OEM Keys
          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
          91 ic Calypso 3.1
          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

reman alternator installed along with new power steering belt and general tightening of all steering lines. threw a brand new PS belt within 15 miles. Maybe I have a pulley alignment issue I need to figure out. Strange this - the previous dayco belt that was on the car worked fine.

any suggestions? I put the old belt back on for now.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 08:58 PM.

HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
              well posting this AGAIN since the website lost my work.

there's alot of window related weatherstrip and seals on the car. I focused on 10 pieces along the base of the front and quarter windows and the vertical bits between same. Those were in the worst condition on my vert. There are more seals than this though - door seals, top seals, seals around the small front and rear quarter windows..

realoem has those 10 pieces I mentioned spread across 2 different pages. there's a third page with some info for the small front windows that you should look at as well.

Here are the 10 pieces I ordered from Tischer, along with a shot of the corresponding realoem pages:

door weatherstripping (4 pieces)
              51211942821 - inner left (goes whole length of door)
              51321924753 - outer left (shorter than inner)
              51211942822 - inner right (goes whole length of door)
              51321924754 - outer right (shorter than inner)

quarter window weather stripping/gaskets (6 pieces)
              51361942823 - inner left
              51361942824 - inner right
              51361933751 - outer left
              51361933752 - outer right
              51361922167 - vertical left
              51361922168 - vertical right

additional seals and weatherstripping for the small front windows here
              Are any of those for the rear windows?
              Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

ha I just replied to your post on the yahoo vert group. check the diagrams in that post. There are 6 weatherstrips for the quarter windows, not counting the main weatherstrip attached to the convertible top.

quarter window = rear triangular window behind the doors.

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

The confusing part about the rear window seals is that both realoem and ETK list the rears as being for the door. Ignore the description and look at the parts that are positioned behind the vertical seal in the diagram.

Brad see you at The Vintage. Ill be in the only zinno cabrio with 2 tone seats :-)
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                    Brad see you at The Vintage. Ill be in the only zinno cabrio with 2 tone seats :-)
                    sigh. last minute change in plans so I'll be stuck looking at the pics you sent me. really bummed as I was looking forward to meeting you, Dan/N2MYE30 and the rest of the gang out there.

On the plus side I'll have time to finish my HLCS and Xenon install and maybe dye the carpet. Also looking forward to finally getting my natur husco armrest from EuroInteriors

Will catch you next time Jeff.
                    Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 08:59 PM.

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                      The confusing part about the rear window seals is that both realoem and ETK list the rears as being for the door. Ignore the description and look at the parts that are positioned behind the vertical seal in the diagram.
                      That's good input from Jeff as always. we covered it here earlier in the thread:

Yeah that drawing is definitely confusing. It's NOT just the rear, and it's not for the main door window opening. It's BOTH the front window and rear quarter window. So if you "split" the drawing in half vertically it starts to make sense.

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:00 PM.

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

That's good input from Jeff as always. we covered it here earlier in the thread:
                        I had missed that- thank you very much for the clarification.
                        Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
                          I had missed that- thank you very much for the clarification.
                          my pleasure Patrick. Even more confusing, that picture doesn't have any of the door lower weatherstrips in it lol. here's the last diagram you need (again go back to post 38 - it's all there).

Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:01 PM.

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

sigh. last minute change in plans so I'll be stuck looking at the pics you sent me. really bummed as I was looking forward to meeting you, Dan/N2MYE30 and the rest of the gang out there.

On the plus side I'll have time to finish my HLCS and Xenon install and maybe dye the carpet. Also looking forward to finally getting my natur husco armrest from EuroInteriors

Will catch you next time Jeff.
                            Sorry to hear that but will have a beer in your honor.

I like the Husco cover. I met Kevin Chin at the Blue Ridge BBQ last week and am looking to get one from him. Im really running out of things to do to my car. May be time to look for a moose antler hood ornament :)
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

Alice the Time Capsule
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Natur Husco is in!

Not before putting holes in my console in the wrong place though grrrrr. Followed the German instructions I found online, and the two brackets didn't line up. I have a spare rear console that needs work so I'll fix that one up and do it right.

In the meantime you can't really see the misaligned holes so I went ahead and finished the install. Must say I'm really pleased, though I'm missing one of the cup holder wires and the cup holder assy itself has some cracks in it. Hope to fins a replacement.

Check out the carpet fade... I have some Leatherique carpet dye just haven't gotten around to doing it. Also looks like that rear carpet I sprayed with Duplicator vinyl is actually fairly close - judge for yourself

Husco installed

Really love the feel of the arm rest mechanism. it's solidly mounted and slides smoothly. also found some black plastic screw covers at the local hardware store which worked perfectly.
                              Last edited by bradnic; 09-02-2017, 09:03 PM.

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

The Husco looks great as does the rest ofmyourninterior. As for the cup holder, it's a worthless POS. The wire flops around and a water bottle never stays quite up right not to mention the whole enchilada gets in the way of shifting gears.

I saw your WTB ad and almost offered you mine (at a normally silly Husco price of course) but then decided it wouldnt be doing you a favor.

Alice the Time Capsule

Comment

Working...
                                X