Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth and dbilas now, MT1 & stroker on the way

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where in western NY?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    /// MTech Belts ///


    S52 BUILD


    Instagram: @martino_motorsport

    Comment


      Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
      Where in western NY?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


      Yeah Iím curious too.

      My other half is from Niagara Falls NY.

      Weíre planning a trip for next April.
      90 Bronzit 325is
      16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

      Comment


        Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
        Where in western NY?
        Elimira/Corning area. Just drove her back with the top down to Chicago last night to begin the teardown though. Ran like a top, AC on, cantaloupe BT 5908 with powered sub working great :-)

        Anyway, as mentioned previously the plan is to take Callie's 221k mile m20 and G260 down to Jim at Metric Mechanic for cores. Since she's running well though, the thought of having the car out of commission during the summer longer than necessary made me rethink the action plan.

        Cosmo the 86 325 coupe is ready for his 2.8 E-to-I swap... It makes more sense to tear down the parts car at this point, pull the I pistons and send them down to MM to prep them for that swap. That way I can drop off the cores and pick up the new engine, tranny and modded pistons all in one go. I'd also score some wife points by finally getting rid of the parts car.

        So I have a choice to make:
        1) get Callie back together with just a new SSSquid chip for now
        2) finish the I swap on Cosmo first and take my time on Callie - get her back on the road in the spring

        I'm now leaning towards option 2. That way my wife can use Callie for a couple of weeks before teardown and I can prep the car properly over the fall and possibly winter:
        - get the E35 ANSA/RD headers modified and ceramic coated
        - decide on standalone, injectors etc.
        - do the rear suspension bushings, which I've been putting off
        - finally get Scott at StrŲmung to get me the mtech1 exhaust tip adapters I still need.
        - get the same IE / Wilwood BBK @Staszek grabbed for his S54 swapped 325is, in black

        would like nothing more than to have the vert totally finished mechanically. at that point there would be the electric top conversion to finish, new top canvas and paint/body.
        Last edited by bradnic; 07-27-2019, 03:49 PM.
        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

        HOWTOs:
        DB vert plastic bumpers
        OEM Keys
        MTech1 docs

        88 ix Lach/Card
        91 ic Calypso 3.1
        86 Cosmo 2.7

        OEM+ or bust!


        reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

        Comment


          It seems to me that with the exception of the headers option 2 items can be done independently from the engine swap and each in a relatively short time.
          Deck Lid and soft top Shocks on hand

          Seat shocks on hand for immediate shipment
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

          Comment


            Mostly yes Jeff, but I only have one lift and can only work weekends. Once I start pulling the drivetrain Iím stuck for a while, and Iím betting the I swap is more straight forward. This way Callie stays operational for a while and I get another running e30 to toss around
            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

            HOWTOs:
            DB vert plastic bumpers
            OEM Keys
            MTech1 docs

            88 ix Lach/Card
            91 ic Calypso 3.1
            86 Cosmo 2.7

            OEM+ or bust!


            reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

            Comment


              Hey Brad,
              Just a thought. Maybe have Dan at LukeG Workshop do it for you?
              Hope you're doing well!

              CAPP. :-)

              Comment


                Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                Elimira/Corning area. Just drove her back with the top down to Chicago last night to begin the teardown though. Ran like a top, AC on, cantaloupe BT 5908 with powered sub working great :-)

                Anyway, as mentioned previously the plan is to take Callie's 221k mile m20 and G260 down to Jim at Metric Mechanic for cores. Since she's running well though, the thought of having the car out of commission during the summer longer than necessary made me rethink the action plan.

                Cosmo the 86 325 coupe is ready for his 2.8 E-to-I swap... It makes more sense to tear down the parts car at this point, pull the I pistons and send them down to MM to prep them for that swap. That way I can drop off the cores and pick up the new engine, tranny and modded pistons all in one go. I'd also score some wife points by finally getting rid of the parts car.

                So I have a choice to make:
                1) get Callie back together with just a new SSSquid chip for now
                2) finish the I swap on Cosmo first and take my time on Callie - get her back on the road in the spring

                I'm now leaning towards option 2. That way my wife can use Callie for a couple of weeks before teardown and I can prep the car properly over the fall and possibly winter:
                - get the E35 ANSA/RD headers modified and ceramic coated
                - decide on standalone, injectors etc.
                - do the rear suspension bushings, which I've been putting off
                - finally get Scott at StrŲmung to get me the mtech1 exhaust tip adapters I still need.
                - get the same IE / Wilwood BBK @Staszek grabbed for his S54 swapped 325is, in black

                would like nothing more than to have the vert totally finished mechanically. at that point there would be the electric top conversion to finish, new top canvas and paint/body.
                What powered sub did you get? Are your running it line off the back speakers. I am definitely going to the BT 5908. I am going to need your help this fall rewiring:)

                As for the brakes I think you will love them. I have the 16" kit but the 15" one works well. I need you to drive and feel them. Although I have a smaller 944 booster, but I am using the stock master and its perfect.

                I say finish the swap and work on Callie over the fall:)
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

                Comment


                  Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                  Mostly yes Jeff, but I only have one lift and can only work weekends. Once I start pulling the drivetrain Iím stuck for a while, and Iím betting the I swap is more straight forward. This way Callie stays operational for a while and I get another running e30 to toss around
                  Makes perfect sense
                  Deck Lid and soft top Shocks on hand

                  Seat shocks on hand for immediate shipment
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    What powered sub did you get? Are your running it line off the back speakers. I am definitely going to the BT 5908. I am going to need your help this fall rewiring:)
                    I picked up an Infinity BassLink DC with both speaker and line level inputs. It's wired to the power amp in on the harness using a custom adapter. sounds great, but not the best choice for a vert tbh. I will be swapping the OEM amp out for a 5 channel Infinity ref4555a and a passive bass tube that will sit in the trunk. The amp swap will be plug and play.

                    And yeah gotcha covered re 5908+BT. Will be later this year as discussed.

                    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    As for the brakes I think you will love them. I have the 16" kit but the 15" one works well. I need you to drive and feel them. Although I have a smaller 944 booster, but I am using the stock master and its perfect.
                    Oh man I'd **LOVE** to check out your wilwoods. If the 16" kit works with my Alpinas that's where I'll land. I'll use the 'verts are heavier' excuse to justify lol. Every time I look at the stock brakes I kinda cringe.

                    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    I say finish the swap and work on Callie over the fall:)
                    That's definitely where I landed as well. Pulling the IX parts car M20 and tranny tomorrow, will use the top end on Cosmo the 325e. Guess I better figure out pistons though lol.

                    Originally posted by Cptcarisma View Post
                    Hey Brad,
                    Just a thought. Maybe have Dan at LukeG Workshop do it for you?
                    Hope you're doing well!

                    CAPP. :-)
                    Funny you mention LukeG.. dropped the 04 AR for what I thought were motor mount issues (vibration under acceleration). Dan found plenty to work on, but the motor mounts are fine lolol.
                    Last edited by bradnic; 08-08-2019, 03:55 PM.
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

                    HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

                    88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

                    OEM+ or bust!


                    reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

                    Comment


                      Hey Channel,

                      I have a 41331933770 (770) valance available to me (without AC cooling cut outs). I have an AC car --although AC is currently not working-- and I am planning to do the 770 install on my 87 with euro bumpers. Does any one know if I will have a mounting issue with the 770 valance? Based on his sale thread (see link below) it seems like e30rapidic had no issue mounting this part on his vert prior to cutting cooling holes in the valance . My questions are whether there is any known adjustment that would need to be made to fit the panel, and if I mount the valance is there a legitimate issue that would arise from not cutting the cooling holes for the AC system like e30rapidic did or could I leave it without the holes? Any insight would be immensely helpful.

                      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...t-euro-valance

                      Comment


                        So is the DB Dynamic intake actually carbureted or is it more like an ITB setup?

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                          So is the DB Dynamic intake actually carbureted or is it more like an ITB setup?
                          Replying on owners behalf: It's an ITB setup with fuel injectors. The brand is Dbilas.
                          E30 Armo "330i"

                          Comment


                            Thanks Skarpa

                            The new engine and tranny are still sitting at Metric Mechanic.. Hope to be getting back to Callie once I have Cosmo's 2.9 build on track.
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

                            HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

                            88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

                            OEM+ or bust!


                            reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X