Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325ic Calypso Euro Conversion - Houndstooth & dbilas now, MT1 & MM 3.2 stroker coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30austin
    replied
    One of my customers just had his 24v headers, ceramic coated, for about $235 or so, local to us, in Portland.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    @jeffnhiscars and I got $300 quotes from Jet-Hot to ceramic coat m20 headers. A lot higher than I've ever heard elsewhere - $200 or less.

Who do folks use? They coat inside and out correct?

I member doing my e21 Alpina B6 2.8 jet hot coating 22 years ago for $120. I thought was a lot back then.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    @jeffnhiscars and I got $300 quotes from Jet-Hot to ceramic coat m20 headers. A lot higher than I've ever heard elsewhere - $200 or less.

Who do folks use? They coat inside and out correct?

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Last pic in post #611 doesn't have the oil cooler lines hooked up, and appears the header will interfere with them.
    yeah realized that after studying my car. not only that the motor mount isn't installed either lol. it's the same 325i oil filter mount just rotated, and it would never work in that position!

Gonna need a remote filter setup or a way to mount the filter vertically - I'm not giving up my AC. Here's my stock setup viewed from below - the cooler lines should clear based on the ebay photo.

I've seen several vertically mounted oil filters on cars, but I wonder if there are potential issues.
    Last edited by bradnic; 12-11-2018, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Last pic in post #611 doesn't have the oil cooler lines hooked up, and appears the header will interfere with them.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Interesting.. I definitely need to keep the oil cooler though, so I'll have to get schooled by a real m20 guy - like digger or nando maybe.. or just dig through the m20 forum

Leave a comment:

• jeffnhiscars
    replied
    The eta oil filter screws flat against the block (so the filter points to the passenger wheel). I'll send you a pic later.

Wondering if the filter mount from an e34 would bolt up and at least spare modding the front set

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    More RD header news

So @e30m3s54turbo tipped me off this morning on an ebay auction.. took about 2 minutes to pull the trigger once I recognized what they were.

*original* Racing Dynamics M20 snake headers manufactured by ANSA. They are E34 headers though for the 525i. That basically means:
    - the rear header will hit the firewall without mods
    - the 325i oil cooler setup interferes with the front header

I'll get these modded per this strictlyeta.net post, then send them out for ceramic coating.

For the curious, this is what the E30 RD header looks like. Note the rear header aims down

And this is what the E34 RD header looked like new. You can see it's straighter, since the engine bay is longer.

Note in this pic how the front header hugs the block. Note also the angled oil filter and lack of oil cooler lines. Not sure that setup will work in an E30 because of the motor mount - time will tell. Maybe someone with a 325e can chime in as I think those cars came without oil coolers.. maybe they had the angled oil filter mount too.

Leave a comment:

• e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    wow! is that the 4th car? Man I would love to see a couple of updated pics of your rides all in one place!
    I have eight e30 now. I never ment planned to have that many.
    I have was going to move my silver H bomb home to work on it this weekend . One of my family members parked their car in my spot and left for the weekend. Almost finished with my B6 3.5 3” exhaust.

Shant from Beamerheads did a awesome job on my m30 head. I have a Hartge m30 head that I would to have them refresh for me in the future. I ment Shant and did business with him. He is a great guy.

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    I'm going to live vicariously through your engine build because I'm on hold before doing it again. I went with a Bimmerheads head and bottom end parts from VAC that I put together for a 2.9L. Given a redo, I would probably have one shop take care of it all at once.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Thanks Stan! My wife and apparently most of the r3v community are as well haha. me too honestly. That 15k mile car was gorgeous, but didn't have what I really love about the E30 exterior design. Now that I finally pulled the trigger on the stroker, it's going to be exactly what I want.

btw can't wait to see the S54 install in person. Those last pics
    Me too lol! Its going a bit slow right now with travel.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Im glad you kept Callie!
    Thanks Stan! My wife and apparently most of the r3v community are as well haha. me too honestly. That 15k mile car was gorgeous, but didn't have what I really love about the E30 exterior design. Now that I finally pulled the trigger on the stroker, it's going to be exactly what I want.

btw can't wait to see the S54 install in person. Those last pics

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Im glad you kept Callie!

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    ^ this is why I love r3v.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    for the record, John and I swapped a few PMs before I pulled the trigger with Jim - who called me on a Sunday and talked my ears off :-)

What a great way to lighten your wallet

I did the same to Simon last Sunday lol. All good!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X