88' 325is Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88' 325is Revival

A few months ago I started looking at going into specE30 racing. I started my search for a rough but clean e30 and kept coming up short. Either the car wasn't worth a dime or it's just too clean to go racing in my opinion. Then I came across a listing on the wonderful craigslist... 1987 BMW 325is M-package lol 5speed with 135k miles for 1200neg. It was close to my house so I went early the next morning to see it.
    First - it wasn't an 87, it's an 88.
    Second - It's not an M!!!! WTF
    At first the car looked rough but all there. Motor shot from a broken belt but all in all it's solid. Interior had seat covers and my thought as I pulled them off was ok here goes......amazingly the seats are MINT. So after much of the usual tire kicking I walked away with the car for $650 + $85 for a tow = $735 Total!

Since then I went through the car and being a true BMW fan I realized this car isn't ready to hit the track full time yet. So here starts the quest to bring it back to life.

I created a blog to track my progress as I go. I'll keep this thread updated as well but I'm not sure how to upload pics in smaller size. Sorry I'll apologize now.

-John
Working...
X