No announcement yet.

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idk how I just found this thread, but I love u.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

awesome build.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
        Why are you wasting money on CA legal cats when yer running headers? This will never be carb legal anyways rite?
        Headers are legal as long as the same o2 sensor location is retained..

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
          Headers are legal as long as the same o2 sensor location is retained..
          I never heard that before. I was always informed that the part had to be approved and issued a carbEO#. Did you retain the EGR and Evap systems for the OBD2 swap? I could never figure out how to retain the evap system from engine to fuel tank....
          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I never heard that before. I was always informed that the part had to be approved and issued a carbEO#. Did you retain the EGR and Evap systems for the OBD2 swap? I could never figure out how to retain the evap system from engine to fuel tank....
            Car is OBD1, OBD2 swaps arent legal in e30s, must retain original emissions system AFAIK. The engine will be passed off as a US 3.0 S50, has obd1 intake, valve cover, coil packs, injectors, the whole deal. Only way to tell its an s52 is to look at the headgasket tab since it says 3.2

Take a look at KoKoSe7en's build thread, he passed BAR with headers, so I'm following the same path

The important part is o2 sensor is in same location, mounted at same angle, and the cats are approved for the vehicle. for '95 m3 walker 80801 is the approved cat

Evap they just do a visual on the charcoal canister and check that the gas cap seals.

Comment

Oh I assumed you were going for OBD2 because you said you have been looking for OBD2 pipes without success. I thought that was strange, obd2 midpipes are available all over, the OBD1 pipes are the hard ones to find. I have had my s52 OBD1 for years now, still haven't BARd it though.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Oh I assumed you were going for OBD2 because you said you have been looking for OBD2 pipes without success. I thought that was strange, obd2 midpipes are available all over, the OBD1 pipes are the hard ones to find. I have had my s52 OBD1 for years now, still haven't BARd it though.
                I was searching for OBD2 since they will more easily pass smog (higher quality cat) and they have been proven to flow better over ODB1.

I figured either way I was going to have to have my buddy weld it up so I just went all custom shiet

Comment

exhaust is done.. Sadly I couldn't fit the large magnaflow and had to use a 3" resonator instead. Still sounds awesome! Not pictured: H-pipe for the o2 sensor.

Using single 3" was a mistake. Although it sounds biblical, the ground clearance is an issue. Will definitely scrape under the subframe and over speedbumps. I just hope it doesn't rip off my shiny expensive new cats.

also installed my own CAI, this is not a kit.
                  Filter is completely isolated from the engine bay and sits behind the foglight duct. Beats any "heatshield" hot air intake

Note: The filter WILL be shielded from the tire when the fender liners are installed. Don't want the tire to kick up rocks or water and send them flying into the filter.

Comment

Very nice build. I was also thinking about going single 3" but the scraping was the problem. Where did you pick up your raceland headers for 140?
                    sigpic

1989 325i Sold
                    2001 325i Sold
                    2005 Infiniti G35 Sold
                    1991 318is Rip
                    2005 Subaru Sti Sold
                    2009 Honda Civic SI Sold
                    2009 Honda Civic Si Sold
                    2003 Saab 9-5 Sold
                    1991 325ic MTech2 S52 Current

Comment

the cai looks good, but be very careful driving in the rain you could hydrolock very easily
                      94 325is

Comment

Originally posted by catalyst. View Post
                        the cai looks good, but be very careful driving in the rain you could hydrolock very easily
                        Your hilarious :) I have a very similar style intake on my rabbit. Its low and I drive the piss out of it rain or shine. Intake puts the filter in this same place.

Comment

DINAN had intakes there as well, and had enough issues with cars and water that they had to provide a "water sock" to put over the filter. I doubt your rabbit inhales air quickly enough to suck much up, in any case.

in any case nice work on the exhaust dude. Is the car up and going yet?
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Mtech 1 beeld

Originally posted by gazil View Post
                            Very nice build. I was also thinking about going single 3" but the scraping was the problem. Where did you pick up your raceland headers for 140?

I picked them up used. Someone bought them but never installed.

The mtech front has a bend underneath the bottom of the valance that should help shield the filter from the ground if I happen to drive through a puddle.

The car is running. Still working on installing my audio wiring before I finish up the interior.

Also have to hook up VSS to the ecu because it runs like shit while driving. I'm also having issues with my speedometer, it gets a signal while I rev the engine and goes crazy. The wiring manuals say the wires should be brown/red and brown/violet, but my wiring is brown/red and brown. Could it be interference screwing with the signal? I used a multimeter to check and it's the correct wiring for the speed sensor.

Also is the VSS a modified signal? Or is it a straight signal from the speed sensor?
                            Last edited by pandaboo911; 01-25-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

How are you liking the brakes so far?
                              1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                              1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                              bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

MT1 for 400.00? fuck you

nice build!
                                ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                                ~ '87 535
                                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                                X