No announcement yet.

Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow just found this thread, Mtech1 is shiznit. Great work.
    Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
      Your hilarious :) I have a very similar style intake on my rabbit. Its low and I drive the piss out of it rain or shine. Intake puts the filter in this same place.
      A friend of mine killed his engine with a similar setup... You could say, it was a civic, who cares! But we still can lurn from it!
      E30 now S52
      2008 Suburban LTZ (Family and TT hauler)
      325xiT (Sold)

sigpic

Comment

Holy shit I need to update this. Car is driving, it's a monster.

Quickly realized how shitty it is driving a slammed car on static suspension. My skidplate is already bent. Scraped a hole in my exhaust. Cracked my radiator from bottoming out the skidplate so many times (it's bolted to rad support).

The brakes are perfect. Bite super hard even cold, no fade whatsoever. Pedal feel is amazing.

However I have a small exhaust leak at the header, assuming the flange is warped =\
        And an intermittent misfire on cyl 5, bad coilpack.

I had 4 people in the car the first day I drove it. No rubbing issues, but the 3" exhaust needs to be addressed, ALOT of sparks coming from the back of the car.

Pics incoming

Comment

Maybe you shouldn't slam it?
          Looks like a waste to me to put all these fancy and expensive parts on a car and then lower it so much that you can't actually reap the benefits of your time and money.
          Love the build though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by berlow94 View Post
            Maybe you shouldn't slam it?
            Looks like a waste to me to put all these fancy and expensive parts on a car and then lower it so much that you can't actually reap the benefits of your time and money.
            Love the build though!

What benefits can't I reap? The control arms are essentially perpendicular to the ground, and it handles like a dream. There is zero bump steer.

This isn't a car that belongs on any stance page. It was built to be driven every day. The oilpan hangs low and the skidplate subtracts another 2" from ground clearance.

However I am considering picking up some 17" BBS. Way better tire options, and they'll give me the ground clearance I need. Honesty the 16s look way too small with the mtech 1 skirts
            Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-20-2014, 10:36 PM.

Comment

No need to defend yourself! Post more pictures!!!!!!!!

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Only reason I said that, "Quickly realized how shitty it is driving a slammed car on static suspension. My skidplate is already bent. Scraped a hole in my exhaust. Cracked my radiator from bottoming out the skidplate so many times (it's bolted to rad support)."

My track car is pretty damn low. But I've almost never touched my skidplate when driver her on the street.

The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
                  Your hilarious :) I have a very similar style intake on my rabbit. Its low and I drive the piss out of it rain or shine. Intake puts the filter in this same place.
                  Recently put a hole the size of my fist in the block of an e39 m62tu after running through a medium sized puddle of standing water. Wasn't even raining, but did have the dinan cai (without the sock) in almost the same location as op's setup. fwiw

Comment

post some pics dude
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Beautiful work! Subscribed. Now I demand pics lol

Comment

Got to see the real thing on the 101. Looks good
                        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                          also installed my own CAI, this is not a kit.
                          Filter is completely isolated from the engine bay and sits behind the foglight duct. Beats any "heatshield" hot air intake

Note: The filter WILL be shielded from the tire when the fender liners are installed. Don't want the tire to kick up rocks or water and send them flying into the filter.

nice idea! I actually want to do the same with mine. Will the BAR mess with you about that??

lmk how you're BAR inspection goes (or just post it here since Im watching). I have a M52 running on everything OBD1, though I have OBD2 exhaust manifolds and a OBD1 S50 downpipe because of the cats. I plan on taking the car through BAR as well. Have you already wired up a Check Engine light also? That's the only thing I will have left to do once I get my car back from the shop
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            Got to see the real thing on the 101. Looks good

Was that you in the silver M-coupe?

Comment

yup
                              cars beep boop

Comment

wait....its done?

Comment

Working...