Scum class 318 + Mtech + vortech v2 + unicorns - vortech + Turrrrbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro bumpers sandblasted..

Anyone in the bay area that needs parts sandblasted or powdercoated, highly recommend Spray Technology in Santa Clara, they can sandblast entire cars too

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      I bought it from a guy in the UK, mtech stuff is dirt cheap since like every 1/3 e30s has it, got it shipped to the states by boat
      What company did you use to have it shipped? Was the shipping included with that $400 or how much was it? Awesome build. You're doing it right.
      What it feels like owning an e30:

88 325 S50 swap in progress
      90 325ix

Comment

Whats in your spare tire well? lol Im super jelly of your euro goodness. I will own a early model euro bumper.

Comment

Excited about this build...Sub'd
          BUY YOUR KLUB VINTAGE WINDOW DECALS!
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265552

Klub Vintage - Classic and specialty car builds and restorations

http://www.klubvintage.com

Located in Lambertville NJ

Comment

Fucking aye, nice work dude.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
              Whats in your spare tire well? lol Im super jelly of your euro goodness. I will own a early model euro bumper.
              a plastic 16 gallon harwood fuel cell

Originally posted by e30jake View Post
              What company did you use to have it shipped? Was the shipping included with that $400 or how much was it? Awesome build. You're doing it right.
              Shipped it through my uncle's friend in Germany. He ships cars between the US and Germany all the time. Just had to ship it ground to Germany and sneak it into one of the containers.

Comment

Ok maybe I didn't give you enough credit :D

I worked a bit on the car, got side tracked on the weekend.
                Got my cluster all finished up though, added a small speedo

Dropped the euro bumpers off to get sandblasted aswell, I'm going to paint match them
                I think chrome looks bad on delphin
                The picture isn't working for some reason. I have been thinking of doing a dash similar to yours but couldn't find a good speedometer solution. I was actually thinking of mounting it in a pod in the A-pillar since its the least referenced gauge for me :).

Still drive it on the street sometimes so a speedo is nice to have.
                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                  The picture isn't working for some reason. I have been thinking of doing a dash similar to yours but couldn't find a good speedometer solution. I was actually thinking of mounting it in a pod in the A-pillar since its the least referenced gauge for me :).

Still drive it on the street sometimes so a speedo is nice to have.

I linked that one from dropbox since my flickr is full, but I guess that doesn't work, fixed it.

I originally wanted to run a digital speedo since you can read it without even looking at it, just by peripheral vision, but the price wasn't justifiable for me.

I got this speedo from the Speedhut website, cost just under $100. It's pretty customizable, you can choose face color, illumination color and the needle color. I chose an illumination color that stands out from the other gauges so it's easier to read at a glance
                  It has built in calibration.

I can't say anything about functionality yet (vibration, speed at which needle can adjust, etc.) until I test it.
                  Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I linked that one from dropbox since my flickr is full, but I guess that doesn't work, fixed it.

I originally wanted to run a digital speedo since you can read it without even looking at it, just by peripheral vision, but the price wasn't justifiable for me.

I got this speedo from the Speedhut website, cost just under $100. It's pretty customizable, you can choose face color, illumination color and the needle color. I chose an illumination color that stands out from the other gauges so it's easier to read at a glance
                    It has built in calibration.

I can't say anything about functionality yet (vibration, speed at which needle can adjust, etc.) until I test it.
                    Sweet. I was having a hard time finding one smaller than 3-3/8" diameter. Most are that or 5" which is way too big. I didn't want to eat that much space for a speedo :) Ill check back to see how the speedo you got works out.
                    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Ok maybe I didn't give you enough credit :D

I worked a bit on the car, got side tracked on the weekend.
                      Got my cluster all finished up though, added a small speedo

Dropped the euro bumpers off to get sandblasted aswell, I'm going to paint match them
                      I think chrome looks bad on delphin
                      thats bad ass sucks you cant count mileage though:up:

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                        thats bad ass sucks you cant count mileage though:up:
                        Hah. That's true.
                        But mileage doesn't mean anything when damn near every part on the car is new
                        :nice:
                        Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

couldn't get much done this weekend, caught a flu virus or something and felt like crap all weekend.

Did some painting with plasti-dip

Some trim

mtech spoiler

picked up some recovered sport seats

Did some little things in the engine bay

waiting on a bunch of stuff being shipped so I can move forward

Comment

i like where this is going.. sub'd

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
                            1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

I also like this thread, cool gauge cluster, but i like the oem one a lot too.
                              View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Gauge cluster looks awesome! Black powdercoated eurobumpers would look really cool on a tracked delhpin, imo...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X