X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wazzu70
    replied
    Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
    I linked that one from dropbox since my flickr is full, but I guess that doesn't work, fixed it.

I originally wanted to run a digital speedo since you can read it without even looking at it, just by peripheral vision, but the price wasn't justifiable for me.

I got this speedo from the Speedhut website, cost just under $100. It's pretty customizable, you can choose face color, illumination color and the needle color. I chose an illumination color that stands out from the other gauges so it's easier to read at a glance
    It has built in calibration.

I can't say anything about functionality yet (vibration, speed at which needle can adjust, etc.) until I test it.
    Sweet. I was having a hard time finding one smaller than 3-3/8" diameter. Most are that or 5" which is way too big. I didn't want to eat that much space for a speedo :) Ill check back to see how the speedo you got works out.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    The picture isn't working for some reason. I have been thinking of doing a dash similar to yours but couldn't find a good speedometer solution. I was actually thinking of mounting it in a pod in the A-pillar since its the least referenced gauge for me :).

Still drive it on the street sometimes so a speedo is nice to have.

I linked that one from dropbox since my flickr is full, but I guess that doesn't work, fixed it.

I originally wanted to run a digital speedo since you can read it without even looking at it, just by peripheral vision, but the price wasn't justifiable for me.

I got this speedo from the Speedhut website, cost just under $100. It's pretty customizable, you can choose face color, illumination color and the needle color. I chose an illumination color that stands out from the other gauges so it's easier to read at a glance
    It has built in calibration.

I can't say anything about functionality yet (vibration, speed at which needle can adjust, etc.) until I test it.
    Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Ok maybe I didn't give you enough credit :D

I worked a bit on the car, got side tracked on the weekend.
    Got my cluster all finished up though, added a small speedo

Dropped the euro bumpers off to get sandblasted aswell, I'm going to paint match them
    I think chrome looks bad on delphin
    The picture isn't working for some reason. I have been thinking of doing a dash similar to yours but couldn't find a good speedometer solution. I was actually thinking of mounting it in a pod in the A-pillar since its the least referenced gauge for me :).

Still drive it on the street sometimes so a speedo is nice to have.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
    Whats in your spare tire well? lol Im super jelly of your euro goodness. I will own a early model euro bumper.
    a plastic 16 gallon harwood fuel cell

Originally posted by e30jake View Post
    What company did you use to have it shipped? Was the shipping included with that $400 or how much was it? Awesome build. You're doing it right.
    Shipped it through my uncle's friend in Germany. He ships cars between the US and Germany all the time. Just had to ship it ground to Germany and sneak it into one of the containers.

Leave a comment:

• IRON-E
    replied
    Fucking aye, nice work dude.

Leave a comment:

• metalsoul
    replied
    Excited about this build...Sub'd

Leave a comment:

• ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    Whats in your spare tire well? lol Im super jelly of your euro goodness. I will own a early model euro bumper.

Leave a comment:

• e30jake
    replied
    I bought it from a guy in the UK, mtech stuff is dirt cheap since like every 1/3 e30s has it, got it shipped to the states by boat
    What company did you use to have it shipped? Was the shipping included with that $400 or how much was it? Awesome build. You're doing it right.

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Euro bumpers sandblasted..

Anyone in the bay area that needs parts sandblasted or powdercoated, highly recommend Spray Technology in Santa Clara, they can sandblast entire cars too

Leave a comment:

• nugentnsb
    replied
    looks sick so far!!!

Leave a comment:

• pandaboo911
    replied
    Originally posted by Vivek View Post
    I distinctly remember going under the car and at least pretending to do something.
    Ok maybe I didn't give you enough credit :D

I worked a bit on the car, got side tracked on the weekend.
    Got my cluster all finished up though, added a small speedo

Dropped the euro bumpers off to get sandblasted aswell, I'm going to paint match them
    I think chrome looks bad on delphin
    Last edited by pandaboo911; 02-21-2013, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lambo
    replied
    This... This is purdy...

Leave a comment:

• Pantless Spency
    replied
    wowowowowowowowowow.
    this thread is epic.

Leave a comment:

• freeride53
    replied
    awesome build! gotta see it in person sometime!

Leave a comment:

• Vivek
    replied
    vivek also showed up for a bit to watch
    I distinctly remember going under the car and at least pretending to do something. But the build's looking great, I didn't quite realize all the cool little parts that you've gotten (m3 CA's and such), or that you plan to go FI soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X