X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet that feels awesome to hear it run so far looks like a fun build

Now let's see a video of it running

Comment

Subscribed. Thanks for the link to the VAC turbo kit, now I want to spend even more money
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
        Subscribed. Thanks for the link to the VAC turbo kit, now I want to spend even more money
        Yeah it was game over for me once I saw their website... I'm sorry. But I really like the color of your car, I might want to paint mine the same color when the time comes.

Over the thanksgiving break I put the COP kit in and figured out gas tank / lines stuff that's been driving me crazy. Now I wait on parts :neutral:
        -Dee
        5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
        IG: @deebelmont

Comment

- Finished gas tank stuff
          - Put driveshaft back in
          - changed transmission fluid

I tried starting the car on the stock motronic since I got the gas tank and fuel pump in, cranked for a while but no start. I get good oil pressure which I am happy about, getting spark on all four cylinders, BUT not getting fuel. Tested power to the pump and it's good. I have the pump out and I'm going to rewire it and test it this weekend. It's a TRE 255lph I bought from a fellow member.

I also started to do some inter cooler mock up. I need to order some more pieces to complete it which should be here next week so things are happening.

Sh*ty cellphone picture because I was bored last night and I thought it looked sorta cool. Sent it to my friend who likes "working on cars" but always calls me for help and needs my tools to do anything on his lame a$$ mazda3, the responce was "that things a monster :o "
          -Dee

Comment

So my fuel pump was bad now I need to order a new one.. I did however put the stock one I had in the car to try and fire it up. After a little time resolving misfire issues (my fault I plugged the wires in wrong when I put the COP kit in)

But after a little while IT STARTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out my throttle was jammed when I started it and it decided to r3v all the way up to about 4000rpm, I was actually kind of scared as I started it and watched the needle just get higher and higher. Thankfully I cranked it a lot before I plugged the injector harness in. Obviously the intercooler piping isn't finished so not running any boost just NA with a filter on it for now.

The 440cc injectors and the stock motronic are making it run stupid rich so it shoots flames!!!

It's awesome!!! I know, I have a serious vacuum leak right now, that's because the line going from the booster to the intake isn't there. I need to get one of them since I don't have one anywhere....

Still lots to do before I actually start driving this car, but I'm definitely pretty happy since this is the first engine I rebuilt!!

I seriously need to get a megasquirt to get a decent base tune on it though so if anyone knows who can build me one or anything on a PNP unit for an M42 that be awesome! I've done some research of my own but there isn't a whole lot that I was able to find on assembling one my self.
            Last edited by ccsdo5; 12-07-2014, 07:50 PM.
            -Dee

Comment

Pretty sure theres a gaggle of people that can build you one. whodwho is a well known name for m20 ms units. I dont see why he couldnt do m42s. Maybe JakeB as well.

Builds looking good :up:

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=204722

Pretty sure theres a gaggle of people that can build you one. whodwho is a well known name for m20 ms units. I dont see why he couldnt do m42s. Maybe JakeB as well.

Builds looking good :up:
                I've sent him a PM a few weeks ago and never heard back so I have also talked to whodwho via e-mail a little bit, so I'll probably try and get in touch with him about one soonish. I don't think I've ever talked to JakeB, but I know there is a guy here in NY that tunes on the stock motronic, rktunes I believe he tuned Chelsea DeNofa's formula drift car lol, it would be nice to get started but I really want the usability of the MS.

In other words I started my car and was bleeding the coolant last night and my turbo was blowing oil everywhere The shaft looks like it slightly hits the compressor housing now. I might have rebuilt it wrong or maybe it was just bad and unbalanced I don't really know. I'm also leaking oil from the upper pan gasket, and behind the lower chain case. I blame the victor reinz gasket kit...

So this up coming weekend I'M PULLING MY ENGINE AGAIN!!!!!

...I hate cars.
                -Dee

Comment

pulled and installed my engine twice before I got it the way I wanted.

Also read earlier you were worried about that -10AN oil dump being to big. Nah dude, shits prime. I run -10 too.

Keep it sleezy

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                  Ig:ryno_pzk
                  I like the tuna here.
                  Originally posted by lambo
                  Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                    In other words I started my car and was bleeding the coolant last night and my turbo was blowing oil everywhere The shaft looks like it slightly hits the compressor housing now. I might have rebuilt it wrong or maybe it was just bad and unbalanced I don't really know.
                    Are you running a restrictor in the oil feed line? I know I had issues with my HX35 and a 4an feed line without a restrictor, added one and no more smoke from the exhaust but still maintaining proper oil pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                      Are you running a restrictor in the oil feed line? I know I had issues with my HX35 and a 4an feed line without a restrictor, added one and no more smoke from the exhaust but still maintaining proper oil pressures.
                      this. Usually all t25 and t28 turbos that are oil and water cooled will need a oil restrictor.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                      Ig:ryno_pzk
                      I like the tuna here.
                      Originally posted by lambo
                      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                        pulled and installed my engine twice before I got it the way I wanted.

Also read earlier you were worried about that -10AN oil dump being to big. Nah dude, shits prime. I run -10 too.

Keep it sleezy
                        Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks "well I'm having problems better take my engine out." It'll be fine a mild set back. I'll have it out by tonight when I get out of work and then I'll have it back in by next Sunday hopefully with nothing leaking this time lol. I really want to add a wled on -10 fitting to that lower oil pan just to be safe. I need to learn how to tig weld.

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                        Uhh I don't believe I am. I was under the impression that T25/T28 with a journal bearing do not need restrictors. Or aleast I think this is the case for SR20's which run -3AN fittings, so I probably have to much oil going to the turbo since the smaller -3AN will restrict it more than a -4AN.

Oh well I'm going to try and find myself a T28 and get the .03 restrictor for that, I know my friend has one it's just a matter of will he sell it to me.....
                        -Dee

Comment

I can supply you with a chip tune to work with the stock motronic. send me an email if you are interested. jake@classicdaily.net

thanks
                          www.classicdaily.net
                          1970 m42 swapped 2002
                          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
                            I'm also leaking oil from the upper pan gasket, and behind the lower chain case. I blame the victor reinz gasket kit...

...I hate cars.
                            I once changed my upper pan gasket without pulling the engine. Thought I was being slick... Boy was that a battle..

Comment

Cool build. I got the same taco in black, you should check if you can get a new frame from toyota, I'm getting mine replaced in a few months ala toyota, $12,000 recall!

Comment

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
                                Cool build. I got the same taco in black, you should check if you can get a new frame from toyota, I'm getting mine replaced in a few months ala toyota, $12,000 recall!
                                I already tried to get a new frame, mine doesn't qualify because it isn't bad enough... :-( But Toyota did undercoat it and it's still guaranteed until like 2023 with unlimited miles so that truck will be with me for a while lol. My uncles tacoma got the recall though and he washes the frame now like once a week in the winter so I want to buy his when he decides to sell it..

Regardless I finally got a round to putting everything back together on my engine after last time I made a really dumb mistake and caught a piece of aircraft cable between the HG and the head and it made a serious indent on the head causing coolant to get into the oil return. Got the head re machined and a new MLS HG. I must say the guy did an AWESOME job on it. This thing looks like a piece of art.

I also finally got a round to talk to jakeb about a tune. He's the man! Was super helpful over our email conversation. From the looks of it I'll need to change up my intercooler piping and what not to see if his tun is going to work for me at least for a little while. He told me that it'll probably be super rich at idle since I am running a BOV not a bypass valve and I am pretty much losing metered air. So I don't know I will need to play around with it and see what it likes.

This gt2871r is a whole lot bigger than that T25 I had in the the car the first time.... it also sounds AMAZING even just idling (or trying to idle lol). This car can't really seem to figure out if it likes jake's tune or not.... because sometime it'll start and idle totally fine, no check engine light or anything weird. Other times it will start idle between like 1000-2000 rpm and give me a check engine light (1215) which has something to do with the AFM I think. I haven't really looked it up or tried to resolve it yet. I also don't have a down pipe or O2 sensor in. So hopefully I can get that mocked up ASAP so I can put the oem O2 sensor in that jake's tune needs from my understanding, and hook my wideband up to see what the heck this thing is doing A/F wise. here is it idling all sorts of weird, when it idles like this it doesn't tend to stall itself unlike when I have a smooth idle.

But yesterday I also finally did my rear wheel bearing and but my hub back on so I can put the car on the ground. FUN FACT: 325ix rear trailing arms are the same as 318/325's the hubs are totally different though, ask me how I know.... But the car looks so mean on the ground again!

Look at dat camber^^ The ground control setup is sooo nice. I am extremely happy with my decision to buy them :D I totally need to buy myself a skid plate before I put this car on the road otherwise it is game out for that pan.

Check out "straight" that intercooler is. I can't wait to get my enkei's back from my friend and put them on this hoe as well. Take note of that other car in the back taken apart. That was the "clean" e30 I got when I picked up both of these cars. That car is the biggest rust bucket I have even seen. the rear passenger side quarter panel had great stuff filled in then was filed away and bondo on top in order to fix the rust hole in it. I thought about selling the shell but it is just to far gone, it isn't straight and has a salvage title. So I am going to cut up the remaing good sections and sell them so they can save better e30's.

Sorry for the potato quality of my cellphone pictures, I'll try to remember my dslr more, but I never think of taking picture while working on my car.

The barn is the most anti-productive place ever. like you do one good thing then stupid stuff like this will happen. Clearly our friend Martin liked the barnout.

Now the two turbo turds are just chilling until I get the chance to go work on mine some more at least. I still have A LOT of crap to do for this e30 but I'm pretty happy with my progress. I also finished winter break today so I probably won't be able to work on the car as much since school is in the way and take priority.

Next on my To Do list involve:
                                - Fixing rear brake lines / bleeding brakes and clutch
                                - Change intercooler piping to try and make jake's tune work on my car
                                - get a wastegate actuator and bracket for that turbo
                                - make a downpipe / full exhaust
                                - power steering stuff
                                - get enkei's back and put tires on them.
                                -Dee

Comment

Working...
                                X