X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that second to last pic is super rad
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Car still works so just driving it still.

DSC_2497 by Justin Brisebois, on Flickr

IMG_2060 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

IMG_2042 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

IMG_2065 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

IMG_2413 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

Friends 240 decided to blow up second gear on his first lap out. He changed it though to drive the next day.

IMG_2225 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

IMG_2228 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

IMG_2293 by Scott Hastings, on Flickr

DSC_0823 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0765 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

Last picture is my favorite for sure. Took forever but I can finally drive with my friends. Their cars are fast though both of them can pull away from me after a transition but they're also on 235/40/17's and I'm only on some 205/45/16's so they have a lot more grip than me. I think I'm going to try and lower the car a little and run a 215/40/17 in the rear so I can get a little more wheel speed and grip out of the car without needing to cut the body up for fender flares or over fenders....

Also car did something weird on Friday night and the steering got super hard and it ended up whipping the car around near the bank. I don't know if something is up with the rack or what I swapped out the power steering pump since I had a spare with me and it seemed to work okay after it's still a littl heavy in some spots and doesn't really want to self steer as nicely as it did prior. I might take the Z3 rack out and swap a non-m3 e36 rack into the car and see if it makes a difference is I have another problem with it. Also need to paint the car blue again. I would like to actually paint it some what nice but it'll probably end up being rattle cans again....
      -Dee
      5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
      IG: @deebelmont

Comment

A touch lower in the rear and the stance will be tough as
        sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

liking those 16" napre wheels man, i've never seen a set in 5x120!
          89 325i 4dr s52
          02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
          21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
            A touch lower in the rear and the stance will be tough as
            I agree, it'll be lower soon.

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
            liking those 16" napre wheels man, i've never seen a set in 5x120!
            Thanks! I love them so much perfect fitment and style for the car I got realllllly lucky and found them one night on craiglist for fairly cheap. I have yet to find another set and I want more especially some 17" ones.

fullsizeoutput_e1a by Emelia Nordlund, on Flickr

I really dig this shot of the car though.
            -Dee

Comment

DSC_0184 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0638 by Justin Brisebois, on Flickr

DSC_1098 by Justin Brisebois, on Flickr
              -Dee

Comment

Great pics!
                sigpic

Comment

So drove a private day last month and our buddy filmed a pretty cool video.

drifting, drift, clubloose, tandem, barn built, blue bash, bluemasters, tandem drifting, drift edit, club loose, club loose drifting, east coast drift school, cliqtuning, bcracing, formula drift

Sadly I haven't driven or done anything to the car since. I don't know how many more events this engine has because it's dumping oil into the catch can after a couple laps. I think the rings are either cracked or welded to the piston because of the super hot cylinder temps of being 10:1 compression plus 9-10psi for long periods on track. So maybe the next engine I'll do a MLS head gasket but I'm not sure if it'll help or not...
                  -Dee

Comment

Go a thicker gasket, and get a EGT sensor in to see what's going on
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                      Go a thicker gasket, and get a EGT sensor in to see what's going on
                      That's sorta my plan. Going to run a 0.098" HG with a refrshed head and stock bottom end and just a complete reseal and timing case update for the next engine. Probably actually try and get it on a dyno as well so I can make a better tune that the shit I've been running now. But after this engine I might either actually entertain an stock SR swap or go for an M50/52 just for reliability and simplicity.

I got one last day of driving this year and it gave my car a beating. I have a lot to do this winter now....

DSC_0246 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0508 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0512 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0690 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

DSC_0872 by Nick Calciano, on Flickr

I crashed into my buddy towards the end of the first session since the first car spun and then the second car parked it,.. but the lap before we had a super fun big entry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRHqOC5MhFw But my door and quarter panel are ruined and need to get pulled out thankfully the car had a cage because otherwise the car probably would have been a lot worse than it is now... second session I had no boost after one lap and went in to see why, figured my intercooler pipe popped off but turned out my tranny mount came loose and spun 90 degrees so my tranny was just hanging out there and it popped my intercooler pipe off at the throttle body and broke the intercooler mount. Missed most of that session but got the tranny mount back on with a temporary fix and ratchet strapped the intercooler on so I could still drive the last session. First time driving on a 235/40/17 valino tire and boy are they sticky, my car could barely stay in drift with them it constantly wanted to just straighten up I probably should've bumped the pressure up to like 35 psi cold instead of trying to run them at 30 psi but live and learn I guess.

pics of our ruined cars:

-Dee

Comment

More photo's because I like using this thread for documentation.

-Dee

Comment

damn still ripping around with a big dent

Comment

Bitchin', excited to see the damage report

Comment

updated damage report. Totally f***ed.

had to hammer and get a pickle fork in between the door and body to get it open. Found out the sheet metal for the door jam is totally caved in (as expected) and the striker is all sorts of out of whack. Luckily I have a section of the drivers side of one of the originally 318is' I bought ears ago still kicking around so I figured best option is to cut a section out of the car and just re-weld it on instead of trying to pull it out and never get it right again. Not excited since it'll be a lot of work but clearly needs it.... Car currently looks really sad with no door or front panels on it. I have to remove the radiator support as well since it is all mangled and the frame is all crooked again... Going to try and make a detachable radiator support just because it would make life easier. I like how easy it is to take an e36 apart so I should make the e30 the same way. I've seen a few setups before that sorta inspired me to do so.

-Dee

Comment

So have been spending my quarantine time getting the car back together and ready for another season of pain and abuse. Cut the section off that the door striker and huge dent was drilling all the spot welds out wasn't a fun task... However this is probably the most correct way to "fix" it vs giving back to my buddy to try and pull out on the frame machine. The sheet metal would probably just rip right off.

Door fitment is okay, I'm not a body guy by any stretch of the imagination. I mean heck I hold my body kit on with self tappers and zip ties... But my patch section works, the door functions as it should just isn't the prettiest and I don't really want to put a bunch of bondo on the car so I decided to finally mount the gruppe bavarian over fenders on the car.

Somehow my buddy with the 240 took my tail light out during a transition on track, he must've been TIGHT to only break the lens. I like these gruppe bavarian over fenders because they aren't the same M3 style flares that every other person puts on the car. I feel the boc flares should be saved for actual M3's that's part of what makes them special in my mind. However I don't like that they are advertised as 50mm front and rear over fenders and the rears barely seem to be 50mm and fronts are like 75mm they're MASSIVE.

I finally got around to cutting my old radiator support out of my other car... So maybe I can finally scrap that shell soon. But gonna replace the completely twisted one in my current car in the up coming days and try and pull my frame rail back sorta straight.. Last year was rough on this car I don't know how many more hits this thing has up front before it has to get totally cut off and get a tube front. I really hope no time soon but maybe I should just drive better

I also finally finished building two custom 3-piece style 42's using the stock threaded barrels and just a new custom made lip. These are 17x8.5" with 2.5" lips compared to the stock 2" lips. Not much of an improvement since threepiece.us take forever to do anything and likes to give paying customers the run around instead of being straight forward with them. My lips were suppose to be 2x 4" and 2x3" but after almost 6 months from ordering them they kept saying they don't know when they'll have 3" lips again and only have 2.5" and refused to ship just my two 4" lips. So i just had them give me the 2.5's so I could finally just get something. I was hoping for a set of 17x10 and 17x9 staggered wheels but no I have a set of 17x10 and 17x8.5 oh well. still sorta cool I guess. I still gotta cut up two more wheels and machine them flat to build the 10's. Mounted a 215/40 on the 17x8.5's and it's way to big of a sidewall for up front it hits the wheel arch in the back at angle. So probably gonna try a 215/40/17 and add some spacer.

-Dee

Comment

Working...
                                X