Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30stan
    replied
    Cool build. I got the same taco in black, you should check if you can get a new frame from toyota, I'm getting mine replaced in a few months ala toyota, $12,000 recall!

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
    I'm also leaking oil from the upper pan gasket, and behind the lower chain case. I blame the victor reinz gasket kit...

...I hate cars.
    I once changed my upper pan gasket without pulling the engine. Thought I was being slick... Boy was that a battle..

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    I can supply you with a chip tune to work with the stock motronic. send me an email if you are interested. jake@classicdaily.net

thanks

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    pulled and installed my engine twice before I got it the way I wanted.

Also read earlier you were worried about that -10AN oil dump being to big. Nah dude, shits prime. I run -10 too.

Keep it sleezy
    Ahh I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks "well I'm having problems better take my engine out." It'll be fine a mild set back. I'll have it out by tonight when I get out of work and then I'll have it back in by next Sunday hopefully with nothing leaking this time lol. I really want to add a wled on -10 fitting to that lower oil pan just to be safe. I need to learn how to tig weld.

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
    Are you running a restrictor in the oil feed line? I know I had issues with my HX35 and a 4an feed line without a restrictor, added one and no more smoke from the exhaust but still maintaining proper oil pressures.
    Uhh I don't believe I am. I was under the impression that T25/T28 with a journal bearing do not need restrictors. Or aleast I think this is the case for SR20's which run -3AN fittings, so I probably have to much oil going to the turbo since the smaller -3AN will restrict it more than a -4AN.

Oh well I'm going to try and find myself a T28 and get the .03 restrictor for that, I know my friend has one it's just a matter of will he sell it to me.....

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
    Are you running a restrictor in the oil feed line? I know I had issues with my HX35 and a 4an feed line without a restrictor, added one and no more smoke from the exhaust but still maintaining proper oil pressures.
    this. Usually all t25 and t28 turbos that are oil and water cooled will need a oil restrictor.

Leave a comment:

• GunMetalGrey
    replied
    Originally posted by ccsdo5 View Post
    In other words I started my car and was bleeding the coolant last night and my turbo was blowing oil everywhere The shaft looks like it slightly hits the compressor housing now. I might have rebuilt it wrong or maybe it was just bad and unbalanced I don't really know.

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    pulled and installed my engine twice before I got it the way I wanted.

Also read earlier you were worried about that -10AN oil dump being to big. Nah dude, shits prime. I run -10 too.

Keep it sleezy

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=204722

Pretty sure theres a gaggle of people that can build you one. whodwho is a well known name for m20 ms units. I dont see why he couldnt do m42s. Maybe JakeB as well.

Builds looking good :up:
    I've sent him a PM a few weeks ago and never heard back so I have also talked to whodwho via e-mail a little bit, so I'll probably try and get in touch with him about one soonish. I don't think I've ever talked to JakeB, but I know there is a guy here in NY that tunes on the stock motronic, rktunes I believe he tuned Chelsea DeNofa's formula drift car lol, it would be nice to get started but I really want the usability of the MS.

In other words I started my car and was bleeding the coolant last night and my turbo was blowing oil everywhere The shaft looks like it slightly hits the compressor housing now. I might have rebuilt it wrong or maybe it was just bad and unbalanced I don't really know. I'm also leaking oil from the upper pan gasket, and behind the lower chain case. I blame the victor reinz gasket kit...

So this up coming weekend I'M PULLING MY ENGINE AGAIN!!!!!

...I hate cars.

Leave a comment:

• MF DOOM
    replied

Pretty sure theres a gaggle of people that can build you one. whodwho is a well known name for m20 ms units. I dont see why he couldnt do m42s. Maybe JakeB as well.

Builds looking good :up:

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    So my fuel pump was bad now I need to order a new one.. I did however put the stock one I had in the car to try and fire it up. After a little time resolving misfire issues (my fault I plugged the wires in wrong when I put the COP kit in)

But after a little while IT STARTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out my throttle was jammed when I started it and it decided to r3v all the way up to about 4000rpm, I was actually kind of scared as I started it and watched the needle just get higher and higher. Thankfully I cranked it a lot before I plugged the injector harness in. Obviously the intercooler piping isn't finished so not running any boost just NA with a filter on it for now.

The 440cc injectors and the stock motronic are making it run stupid rich so it shoots flames!!!

It's awesome!!! I know, I have a serious vacuum leak right now, that's because the line going from the booster to the intake isn't there. I need to get one of them since I don't have one anywhere....

Still lots to do before I actually start driving this car, but I'm definitely pretty happy since this is the first engine I rebuilt!!

I seriously need to get a megasquirt to get a decent base tune on it though so if anyone knows who can build me one or anything on a PNP unit for an M42 that be awesome! I've done some research of my own but there isn't a whole lot that I was able to find on assembling one my self.
    Last edited by ccsdo5; 12-07-2014, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    - Finished gas tank stuff
    - Put driveshaft back in
    - changed transmission fluid

I tried starting the car on the stock motronic since I got the gas tank and fuel pump in, cranked for a while but no start. I get good oil pressure which I am happy about, getting spark on all four cylinders, BUT not getting fuel. Tested power to the pump and it's good. I have the pump out and I'm going to rewire it and test it this weekend. It's a TRE 255lph I bought from a fellow member.

I also started to do some inter cooler mock up. I need to order some more pieces to complete it which should be here next week so things are happening.

Sh*ty cellphone picture because I was bored last night and I thought it looked sorta cool. Sent it to my friend who likes "working on cars" but always calls me for help and needs my tools to do anything on his lame a$$ mazda3, the responce was "that things a monster :o "

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by econti View Post
    Subscribed. Thanks for the link to the VAC turbo kit, now I want to spend even more money
    Yeah it was game over for me once I saw their website... I'm sorry. But I really like the color of your car, I might want to paint mine the same color when the time comes.

Over the thanksgiving break I put the COP kit in and figured out gas tank / lines stuff that's been driving me crazy. Now I wait on parts :neutral:

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    Subscribed. Thanks for the link to the VAC turbo kit, now I want to spend even more money

Leave a comment:

• Dirty325ix
    replied
    I bet that feels awesome to hear it run so far looks like a fun build

Now let's see a video of it running

Leave a comment:

• ccsdo5
    replied
    Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
    Looks like things are coming along nicely :) How much boost are you planning on running?
    I am going to run about 7 PSI, which is the stock wastegate on a T25, for breaking in the engine and just getting the car running. Then by spring/ summer I will most likely put a 1 bar (~14 psi) hks wastegate on until I decide to upgrade to a T28.

But in other news here are some pictures of the engine finally in.

I got some stuff from condorspeed shop, they are awesome and super helpful. 20mm spacers for the front because I wasn't clearing the RX7 calipers, 90mm studs, engine and transmission mounts for my friend, and a PS delete for another buddies e36, then I got some free stuff! woopwoop!

I wanted to finish up my gauges but sadly this came broken in the mail :(:(

Andrew and I helped someone else put another SR in a 240. This car is scary, I mean it has hockey pucks for engine mounts... I don't believe people can be so cheap on such a critical part.

I've been thinking about possibly SR swapping an e30 just because I think it is cool, I know some people have done, and I've been watching the thread that someone on here has putting a s15 SR20 in a 2002.

My car is literally a durty thirty it makes me sad :(

Now I am mocking up intercooler piping, playing with electrical issues with head lights, and window motors. I also currently have the gas tank dropped to run new fuel lines and what not. The car is getting closer to being done, I'm getting excited to finally drive it! I cranked and primed the engine which was nice to hear no strange noises or anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X