No announcement yet.

My turbo 24v alpine coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New wheel idea..... 16x8 et35 enkei rpf1. Ill need at least 20mm spacers. But there about 15 lbs and ill be able to do 245 45. I have been really busy at work snd havent had more then an hour to work on the car in the last 2 weeks. I changed the grounds and now I gotta put all the coils and plugs back in. I was still getting only 8.3v between the 12v and ground....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

So, with race season coming and working in a shop being one of 3 employees, I havent had a minute to touch the car. However, ive been doing research. I think im going to change how I mount the corbeaus. I was looking at how I can mount them and make them legal for racing leagues. Some people on the spec e30 forums refered to vic halls spec e30 car for mounting seats.... hey.... that car is in my shop right now....im going to use square tubing instead of flat bars.

In other news, I decided to hold off on wheels because im spending the summer at nagoya university in japan in a course on automotive design and technology. So.... im hoping to pick up wheels there.... work miesters are on my mind.

I wont be able to touch my car until school ends and I can work 5 days a week. I have a bunch of ideas on what could be wrong and I hooe to get it started and driving soon.

On friday I spent 24 hours straight working on finishing our unveiling of our fsae car for this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
      www.cp-e.com

Comment

That looks like a pretty bitchin FSAE car. Ive always wondered whether the spoilers are really necessary on FSAE cars. With the speeds these things hit on the courses it seems like the creates more drag than downforce. I always wanted to build one with a nice front spoiler and nothing on the back to keep the front wheels planted and let the rear end slide a little. but what do I know, I never finished my engineering degree and my school had a shitty FSAE team
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
          That looks like a pretty bitchin FSAE car. Ive always wondered whether the spoilers are really necessary on FSAE cars. With the speeds these things hit on the courses it seems like the creates more drag than downforce. I always wanted to build one with a nice front spoiler and nothing on the back to keep the front wheels planted and let the rear end slide a little. but what do I know, I never finished my engineering degree and my school had a shitty FSAE team
          We are actually the team with one of the biggest aero packages in FSAE. They made a rule to make the cars openwheeled because of us. We have done many simulations and many tests to make sure our aero focus makes sense. The wing package is IIRC about 70% efficient. At cornering speed, our downforce is more then what the car weights. We have tested the car on the same course, same driver, with and without aero and the lap times speak for themselves. All the aero is designed in CAD and CFD software and made from CNC cut molds.

From what ive learned, balance is very important in aero. Alot of front aero will make your car pitch forward and change the angle of your control arms to the ground and upset stability. Our aero is designed around the suspension, which is designed around the tires.

We are also working on a DRS system for the rear wing ;)

thanks man!
          www.cp-e.com

Comment

GUESS WHAT?

No progress! Ive been taking a motor out of an rv at work and it really sucks and ive had no time to touch my car.

I think its been too long since ive driven an e30. My cressida didnt have the fun factor.....so.... I sold it friday. Bought another e30 saturday morning!

212k on the broken odo
            120k on m20
            3.91s in the rear
            new speakers
            pretty fresh black interior
            5 speed
            needs some work....full paint correction, coolant leak, shitty comfort seats, getrag rattle, rusty fender, some kind of clunk in the rear (diff or subframe)
            www.cp-e.com

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlevy7 View Post

On friday I spent 24 hours straight working on finishing our unveiling of our fsae car for this year.

See you in Michigan!
              '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                See you in Michigan!
                We are actually only going to lincoln. Very nice car though!

Also, I am leaving for Japan the same day everyone is leaving for competition so unfortunately I will not be able to attend this year. Even though I am graduating I am hoping to maybe take a break from work next year to go to competition. Technically, I only have to go to school for one semester of the year to be in the competition.

Finals are this week. I have one monday and one wednesday. Control system and heat transfer. Hopefully Ill have some time to work on the car again. I hope with a fresh mind ill be able to troubleshoot the ecu stuff and start to really make progress. I need to somehow finish the project and spend little to no money, so I can buy cool car parts in japan.

Meanwhile, the m20 in my daily is being shitty. The diff is also messed up (lots of grinding and clunking, havent been able to take a look yet). I plan on doing tb, waterpump, maybe ignition and replacing a bunch of gaskets. This may take some time from the turbo car but hey, I need a car to get me to work so I can even work on the car.

Waiting to hear back on an automotive engineering internship for a local company for after I get back from Japan/ next semester. I really hope I get it, and maybe I can get them into some e30 parts =]
                www.cp-e.com

Comment

Im taking it out to reseal the oil pan and take care of some other leaks. Im done with the dta p8. the software isnt great and I cant figure out the misfire. Could be in my wiring, who knows. im getting a new m50 harness, adapting to the c101 and change the maf to a map sensor. I can burn chips at work with my boss to tune it. Throwing on a new crank sensor, spark plug boots (there cracked) new brake master cylinder (had to steal it for the daily), oil pan gasket, and putting in an icv and knock sensors.

www.cp-e.com

Comment

I got worried when I saw the engine back out, but its not catastrophic so no big deal...
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

As of friday. Motor is back in. I switched the drivers side mount to the correct e36 arm instead of the e36 arm that was in there, and it helped push the motor back a little so now i can properly fit a puller fan and better secure the radiator. Makes me feel alot better.

I had to helicoil the bottom of the timing cover where the oil pan bolts in because it was stripped and I could not rethread it. I resealed the oil pan and i really hope the whole motor is now leak free.

I also spent some time messing with my shifter. I switched back to my modified e36 arm that is shorter and puts the thifter in the right place. I put in all new bushing and cups and shifter is sooo much better. This is temporary until I save up for a akg stage 2. Right now im using one of the z3 short shifters, not totally sure which one.

I currently have until friday to finish this car, or at least make it streetable, so there will be lots of updates.

Management update:
                      Decided on ms3x. I would assemble it myself but time is an issue and diyautotune has a 1-3 day lead time on a customized unit so I am going with that. ended up being about 1k after everything. I am going to use the gutted motronic box I have an get an new m50 harness. I am just going to adapt the ms3x harness into the motronic box because I am also going to make a chip tune to run the motor on the stock motronic, except wired for a map sensor. My boss feels like we wont be able to get good part throttle response with a maf or map on the motronic box because it wont have the resolution to go into boost.
                      Once I get it running, im going to go back to my plan of getting a bluetooth adapter and running shadow dash on my 10.1" tablet. Cant wait to have all my gauges on that screen.

I want to make it say DANGER TO MANIFOLD whenever i hit full boost.

No pics today, hopefully ill remember to take some this week. There will be lots of updates this week.

Oh yea.... i leave for japan next monday and when I come back ill be starting a new job at custom performance engineering. i'm super pumped!
                      www.cp-e.com

Comment

Mid morning update....
                        Tuning the stock ecu chip for the 60lb injectors just to get the bitch running. Ms3x should arrive today and ill start making the adapter harness later today

Yesterday I went to bleed the brakes and the fluid shot right out of the face of the caliper. I grinded it down too much and the fluid passage got too thin.... just a little poke and....

I tried to weld it but cast aluminum.... not happening. I could get new calipers.... but I cant use these as cores. .. so there 100 bucks each. im just going to put stock brakes back on with new rotors and pads.

The rx7 kit will be for sale... just the hardware.... im going to go with the massive brakes kit when I get back from japan. I already have the corrado rotors so it wont put too big of a dent in my pocket. The wilwoods are so much lighter and the pads are actually cheaper.

Hope to have a start video sometime today...

www.cp-e.com

Comment

Got stock brakes back on with new rotors and pads. Bled them too.... went to bleed the clutch and pop! Brand new slave blew out. Time to drop the trans again and see whats wrong and retrieve the parts.

www.cp-e.com

Comment

1 step forward, 2 steps back.... I know the feeling. Hang in there, you're getting close
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

She runs!!!!
                              Well.... kinda. Yesterday was the last day I had to work on it vefore I had to get it out of the shop. It was also my last day at work.

I got the car together enough to run and my boss burned a chip for the stock ecu. It worked. The car sounds great. I had to open up the throttle plate a little and it started running lean. It also had no seats yet.

I only had time to make one seat bracket before I had to leave. I tried to drive the car and..... it was out of gas. My boss had to leave for the day so I packed all my parts and called a tow truck.

I leave for japan on monday until august.

When I get back....
                              Wire megasquirt adapter and tune....
                              Make seat bracket for pass side
                              Fix up fan wiring.
                              Fix leak at vanos line
                              Wire up all the lights and horn
                              Re-figure out brakes. (Massive street kit)
                              Install fender flares
                              Tune tune tune....

Destroy tires

www.cp-e.com

Comment

its hard doing wiring diagrams when my computer screen looks like this....

Japan is awesome though. A little disapointed with the program. Visiting the toyota factory today!
                                www.cp-e.com

Comment

Working...
                                X