X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    Hey, remember that time you built a car that ran. Remember that other time when you sold that car for one that didn't run. Good pep talk.
    You sound like Michelle.

Leave a comment:

• Philo
    replied
    Hey, remember that time you built a car that ran. Remember that other time when you sold that car for one that didn't run. Good pep talk.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Small update.

Monday I sent off my MS box to Whodwho. He will be upgrading it to MS2 for me and adding wasted spark!

Today my coil from DIY Auto Tune and my new spark plug wires came in. Coil looks great, but the wires aren't going to work. I ordered a set of Taylor "universal" wires that should have been about 18" long each, but they're more like 6". Not to mention the boots don't fit over the plugs. Anyway, called Summit Racing and will be returning them tomorrow. I'm going to stop being a cheap ass and order some MSD universal wires so I can cut them to the lenth I need.

Unrelated gif.

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    You'll get it, man!

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

Turbo your car they said.
    Lol. :???:

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood View Post
    Good luck. In for burn out vids :p
    Thanks man. I'm looking forward to the moment I can do that as well.

Unfortunately that's not what I have to report today. I think there's something wrong with the actual MS itself. The car won't fire unless I hold the chip in with my hand, and when it does, it just dies after 2 or 3 seconds. The weird part is that I was actually able to get it to run all day while I was tweaking things and burning tunes Kameron was sending me. Took it for 1 short drive around the block and shut it off to burn another tune and then it wouldn't start again.

Turbo your car they said.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Good luck. In for burn out vids :p

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    I look forward to these so called videos.
    Originally posted by twolitresix View Post
    Preowner was still right: All the Megasquirts share the same base-board, you have the newest one, the V3.0. The large chip (the one you had unplugged) shows its a Megasquirt 1 (ms2 and 3 have another pcb plugged into that socket).

In for videos of this car!
    Thanks guys. Still tracing down a hard-start issue. It sorta stumbles but doesn't want to catch.

Leave a comment:

• twolitresix
    replied
    Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
    For funsies, here's a shot of the inside of my "Megasquirt v1" box. Notice the board says "Megasquirt v3.0".
    Preowner was still right: All the Megasquirts share the same base-board, you have the newest one, the V3.0. The large chip (the one you had unplugged) shows its a Megasquirt 1 (ms2 and 3 have another pcb plugged into that socket).

In for videos of this car!

Leave a comment:

• TheTacoMan
    replied
    I look forward to these so called videos.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    After many many many minutes of starting at the board and this picture, I realized that the chip was partially unplugged. Put it all back together how it was and the car fired right up. I don't even know of a word to explain what I'm feeling right now.

Going to get some gas. Videos later.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Having some issues that I believe are attributed to my actual MS box causing no-start. I don't have fuel or spark. Spent all day yesterday and today testing/replacing/throwing things to no avail. Today I plugged in a 173 DME I've got laying around and the car fired right up. Hopefully I will know what the issue is soon.

For funsies, here's a shot of the inside of my "Megasquirt v1" box. Notice the board says "Megasquirt v3.0"

The shit part is that this is probably the last 50+ degree weekend we will have until spring. I could have really used the time to dial in the tune.

Leave a comment:

• JCarp90
    replied
    Originally posted by kamotors View Post
    lets get this thing burning rubber!
    Dude. I know. Fuck this weather.

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
    Indeed, mine is tuned by kamotors. He is the best.
    Looking forward to seeing it.
    Agreed. And me too! The suspense is killing me.

Originally posted by kingston View Post
    Was the tune the new 'toy' you texted me about? Hope to see this beast on track at Gateway in March!
    Noooope.

Originally posted by dirtbag30 View Post
    headphones on, watched those videos, jizzed. sounds awesome
    You're welcome.

Burned the tune last night and woke up to snow/ice today.

Leave a comment:

• dirtbag30
    replied
    headphones on, watched those videos, jizzed. sounds awesome

Leave a comment:

• kingston
    replied
    Was the tune the new 'toy' you texted me about? Hope to see this beast on track at Gateway in March!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X