The pursuit of Zen... My journey toward automotive perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Thanks! The garage is my dad's that he lets me do whatever in. I've done more over Christmas school break to add to the personal touches including a kustom dead pedal. I hope to be more active at shows and things this next year so I'm sure you will! I just like to drive it places!
    I loved driving mine for the 2 days that I had it running... Then got frustrated at the M10's 75 HP and now it's all sitting in pieces while I wait for a 24valve.

And by garage I had meant your cars in your garage! The truck is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNorthBest View Post
      I loved driving mine for the 2 days that I had it running... Then got frustrated at the M10's 75 HP and now it's all sitting in pieces while I wait for a 24valve.

And by garage I had meant your cars in your garage! The truck is awesome.
      M10's 75 hp sounds frustrating... Do you have a build somewhere on here?

Thanks! Much hard work in that truck! Not so many in the car, but a few hours...
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Added more pictures of the subframe reinforcements...
        -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Sorry if you've covered it already but are you sticking with the M42?

Comment

Originally posted by Klasse View Post
            Sorry if you've covered it already but are you sticking with the M42?
            For a while I will... I actually really like the motor, it pulls really hard for what it is, but eventually I want to swap to an s54 for more power and revs... I love the bimmer sixes and the smoothness they provide, and the 4, while fun, is sorta buzzy and stuff... It will be there a while longer though I'm certain! The whole "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow" is true in this case! It suits my needs currently but I would also love more power.

So s54, shave the bay and respray the car as well as bags and better wheels, possibly a half cage in the backseat area are the long term goals.:loco: I know the car got painted before, but it's crappy in spots and the guy needed to block the sides again to find several dents ... I'm happy with it for now.
            -Christian

Comment

Alright, The update from the beginning of December till now! I tore it down for sound deadener, and swap the heater valve. Still no heat though! :( I received a German Audio Specialties 10inch sub box and Sparco strut bar for Christmas. I bought a 5 channel amp, painted the parcel shelf to go with it.

PICS! In chronological order, I think, this is all the ok ones. :rofl: My internet is stupid and slow so fliker didn’t like it if I tried to upload 38 in one shot. :rofl:
              Pulled carpet, and began laying sound deadener.

IMG_1811m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1808m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1807m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Bonus points if you know where this is!

IMG_5290m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5275m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Anybody local have another door seal they’d let go of for a good price?????? Mine is toast.

IMG_5274m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5272m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5269m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1850m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1825m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Is this a premium package speaker? I have these in the front, they still sound nice and clear!

IMG_1813m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Christmas morning! Thanks Mom and Dad!

IMG_1836m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Sparco bar fit perfect after a few mins with a hammer to dent it for the intake mani.

IMG_5296m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5292m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5294m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Ends of the amp.

IMG_5362m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5351m by Der E30, on Flickr
              For those that are curious what the box, amp, and infinity sub weigh together...
              IMG_1865m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_1866m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Box test fit.

IMG_1846m by Der E30, on Flickr
              :rofl:

IMG_5378m by Der E30, on Flickr
              My nasty, faded stock parcel shelf. :(

IMG_5388m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5386m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Test spot.

IMG_5383m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Power for the amp is from under the parcel shelf.

IMG_5376m by Der E30, on Flickr
              Finished install of the amp.

IMG_5372m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5370m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5368m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5366mm by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5391m by Der E30, on Flickr
              But what about the parcel shelf????? Here you go. It was painted in “automobile primer” from a spray bomb. I think it came out beautiful, it isn’t particularly crunchy or anything! A huge improvement I think...

IMG_5400m by Der E30, on Flickr

IMG_5399m by Der E30, on Flickr
              All back together!

IMG_5392m by Der E30, on Flickr

Did this last night, I’m trying to make my exhaust quieter...

IMG_5394m by Der E30, on Flickr
              The road noise is much improved, when I’m not in the gas... The sub sounds GREAT! I love having sound below just vocals and having some lowws! I kept a huge amount of trunk space as well! WIN WIN!
              Last edited by DER E30; 01-13-2014, 07:48 PM.
              -Christian

Comment

So you are the one who bought Tim's car eh? Nice. looks like you are going to do it justice. I've got lots of info if you want it.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

Tim didn't have a huge budget for the initial work, but I worked with him and we got a lot of stuff improved. He drove it for about a year after this and then he told me he was selling the car this last summer. We cleaned it up for him one last time and I always wondered where it went.

Comment

Sick!!!! I haven't seen that!!! This is indeed Tim's car, I'm trying to do it justice! What kind of other info do you have about it???
                    I found these on the 'net that I'm fairly sure is my car...
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...04#post2045304
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=112273
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=132903
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=115376

I love the car, and rest assured that I don't ever plan on making it a drift car or anything silly... I'll buy another one for that.
                    -Christian

Comment

Hey Luke, I think I ended up at the PNW/BMW meet on Sunday! :rofl: I took my buddy down to Washugal (in the e30!) to see a man about a truck (sorta last minute trip), and on the way back he said, "look bimmers!" So, I obviously whipped around and went back! Was only there for about 10-15 mins about 2:30 I think... Saw a crazy e34 with a 1(2?)JZ +big turbo in it, and an e30 wagon with a diesel! Also present were several beautiful AW3 e46 Ms, including a stunning one on CCW Classics...:bow::bow::up: (if you can't tell I love the e46///M)
                      Last edited by DER E30; 01-14-2014, 09:07 PM.
                      -Christian

Comment

More info...
                        Kevin Doyle from KD motorsports is rumored to have built the M42 you have now.
                        Tim had the whole car repainted in his garage at his house and as you saw in the thread I linked, we sanded it down and made it look decent.
                        I built the Vader brackets for Tim on a tight budget so they aren't super nice looking but they are strong.
                        I had to repair a lot of stuff the kid from Cali did to the car. The entire dash was a mess and there was lots of stuff missing or just half-assed.
                        Luke installed the head unit.
                        After we were done with it, it was pretty solid. I basically went through the whole thing except the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jparkr View Post
                          More info...
                          Kevin Doyle from KD motorsports is rumored to have built the M42 you have now.
                          Tim had the whole car repainted in his garage at his house and as you saw in the thread I linked, we sanded it down and made it look decent.
                          I built the Vader brackets for Tim on a tight budget so they aren't super nice looking but they are strong.
                          I had to repair a lot of stuff the kid from Cali did to the car. The entire dash was a mess and there was lots of stuff missing or just half-assed.
                          Luke installed the head unit.
                          After we were done with it, it was pretty solid. I basically went through the whole thing except the engine bay.
                          That's what Tim told me about the motor, that Kevin built it for a backup motor for his racecar that never "raced" and went into another e30 before mine.. Or something... :rofl: He seems to have built a solid motor that rips for a 1.8l 4... She doesn't leak or anything. :up:

If I have a bad thermostat will it not have heat???? It will have heat for a min or two after a hot restart, but it goes cold again (the heat) if I'm ripping up an onramp or whatever... That's the biggest issue I'm chasing with it currently.
                          -Christian

Comment

are those regular IS side skirts?

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                              are those regular IS side skirts?
                              Yes sir.

On another note I haven't done anything of consequence to it, other than fix my speedo connector on the diff... I also figured that I need a ski pass back seat bc I get waaaaaaaay better bass with my seat flipped forward...
                              -Christian

Comment

Sub'd! Nice ride. I will be watch the progress.
                                Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X