Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phenryiv1's 1989 325iC Project - SETA 2.7i Swap Complete and Running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oekundar
    replied
    Nice work Pat...I see the e30s have a hold on you... :)

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Bought one of these...

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Parking this cupholder idea here for myself...http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=292015

Also, battery relocation info:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Last edited by phenryiv1; 03-31-2014, 09:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by White325is View Post
    rear sway bar links need to be flipped to the other side of the bar.
    other than that.. looking forward to the rest of it!
    I never noticed that before. Good catch- that angle looks all wonked up now that I see it in pictures.

Leave a comment:

• White325is
    replied
    rear sway bar links need to be flipped to the other side of the bar.
    other than that.. looking forward to the rest of it!

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    More parts.

MTech I wheel arrived. Good condition and a nice OEM feel. I considered aftermarket but I like the understated look of the OEM upgrade and it was about 40% the cost of the aftermarket setup that I'd want.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    And now some actual fun...

I installed my TRM C1 wheels this weekend. I had purchased them last August for my 1987 325 rallyX car in hopes of doing HPDE events in it bu tplans changed. I was going to sell them if I sold the '87 but since I picked up the '89 I decided to put them to good use.

Wheels are 15x7 ET25 in black. Tires are Dunlop Direzza ZII (Star Spec II) in 205/50/R15.

Tire Rack claimed that the center caps would not work in the rear with the hubs on the e30 but I had no issues.

Had I bought the wheels now I think I would have bought them in silver but when I bought them I had plans for them to go on a different car. I don't think that they look terrible on Bronzit so I can live with them. I also need to get new lugs or wheel studs. I was hoping to not spend the money on Motorsports Hardware studs but the chrome on the lug bolts makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Some detail on the front coilovers (I suppose I could have posted all of that in one post but I took the pictures at different times):

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Big news for me- I ordered a new top today. EZ On WC 613HR top with a charcoal tinted rear window. I also ordered a ton of other parts but I will get those listed later. For now I am just reeling from the $550 for the top.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
    Lots of potential. Keep it up! :up:
    Thank you!

Ordered a DSSR to complete the shifter refresh and sent payment for an M-Tech I steering wheel.

Leave a comment:

• N2MYE30
    replied
    Lots of potential. Keep it up! :up:

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Need 25111220600, 25117519669, 25111434194
    Need (13x) 11127593376
    Last edited by phenryiv1; 03-19-2014, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Also got my first look at the "battery box" (misnomer, as the vert battery is in the front) rust.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Exhaust install:

Nothing better to do than to paint, so I shot the Walker 46748 muffler with some high-temp exhaust paint. This was not as much for vanity as for rust prevention. Plus I thought that the dual tips would look better in black.

Next I cleaned up the mating surface for the donut gasket. A few seconds with a wire wheel removed all of the surface rust from the angled mating surface.

Next I cleaned up the outlet pipes form the cat:

Since I was working solo I used a large HVAC zip-tie to hold the muffler up while I positioned the pipes at the cat end.

Lined up the pipes at the cat and eased them together, installing the donut gasket on the right-hand pipe when the flares were close enough to hod it in place.

Installed the BavAuto muffler clamps/hangers:

Tightened up the flanges at the cat junction. I had to add some washers, as the BavAuto fasteners would (probably) have held at the flanges but I was uncomfortable with the size of the holes on the diamond-shaped plates that came on the Walker pipes.

Finished:

Fired it up and the sound is, well, stock. No more open pipe annoyance. For about $240 total this was a pretty easy step.

Leave a comment:

• phenryiv1
    replied
    Originally posted by 95maxrider View Post
    So much for not spending so much time wrenching on cars ;) It must feel pretty nice on that suspension setup. What does the family think so far?
    So far they like it. And yes, the suspension is great. I have not really felt the swaybars but the ride on the coilovers is great.

Hopefully after a couple weekends wrenching the hard stuff will be done.
    Last edited by phenryiv1; 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X