Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thread title revision delivered.

Comment

Wow! That shade of metallic brown is a great choice.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

on point man. Isn't there a fly e30 from europe with the similar color?
        Paynemw
        1986 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - Sold!
        the ebb and flow of 325is ownership - In RVA
        1988 BMW 535is - RIP but my dream BMW

Comment

Wow I love that color

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Great color, but sad to see lachs go. :(

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              Your thread title revision delivered.
              Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              Wow! That shade of metallic brown is a great choice.
              Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
              Wow I love that color
              Thanks guys, I love it too!
              I still haven't seen it in person yet. Hopefully soon.

Originally posted by paynemw View Post
              on point man. Isn't there a fly e30 from europe with the similar color?
              I've seen a few in BMW Marrakesh Brown. I was strongly considering that colour before I found the Audi one.
              Marrakesh Brown looks pretty similar to Audi Ipanema Brown in pictures because everyone either uses Instagram filters, or Photoshop to up the Saturation and make the gold flake pop.
              IMO in person, Marrakesh doesn't look nearly as nice as the colour I chose.
              To my knowledge, none of the photos the bodyshop took of the new colour on my car were edited.

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
              Great color, but sad to see lachs go. :(
              Lachs definitely grew on me over the years, but silver is still my least favourite colour on a car.
              At least I have 25 pages of build thread pictures to remember the old colour!
              Last edited by Panici; 07-25-2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I saw some pics that Delta Park posted a few weeks back, and I was wondering (hoping) it was your car because it looked damn good. Glad it turned out so great!
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Bahama Beige could be ordered with Nutria interior.
                  Will you install a brown interior?

Last edited by Vincenze; 08-15-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    I saw some pics that Delta Park posted a few weeks back, and I was wondering (hoping) it was your car because it looked damn good. Glad it turned out so great!
                    It does look great in the pics! I still haven't seen it in person yet, but the bodyshop must be pretty close to finished by now. The glass is back in, and I bought all new seals and trims to make sure the thing stays watertight for years to come. Going to check in with them this week.

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
                    Bahama Beige could be ordered with Nutria interior. Will you install a brown interior?
                    Wow I've never seen that interior colour combination before, it does look good.
                    That said, i'm very happy with my houndstooth interior, and can't see myself changing it for anything else!

Speaking of interiors, I had Delta Park Auto run new sunroof drains while the headliner was out. We decided to run the fronts out the side of the car (behind the front fenders) rather then dumping into the rocker panels which just invites rust.

Since the glass was out, they also put in a new CAtuned black headliner that I bought (the stock one was looking past it's prime). Hopefully the black ties in well with the rest of the interior, but I won't really know until I get it back together.

EDIT: Finally went to see the paintjob in person. Grabbed a few phone pictures, but going to need the good SLR camera to really capture the colour!

----------------

In other news, I needed something to keep me busy while the E30 is away at the spa!
                    So I bought two scrap E36 sedans and combined them into one good car!
                    I invite you to check out my most recent project which i'm calling Project Canyongrun - E36 Revival.

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...forum/10033072

Last edited by Panici; 10-26-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

In other news, I needed something to keep me busy while the E30 is away at the spa!
                      So I bought two scrap E36 sedans and combined them into one good car!
                      I invite you to check out my most recent project which i'm calling Project Canyongrun - E36 Revival.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?2455392

cross post that isht here
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I love me some clapped out bimmer adventures.

Comment

Starting on the engine final assembly.
                          • Painted the block with some POR15 engine enamel.
                          • Installed a new OEM water pump and accessory belt tensioner.
                          • Installed a Febi 176F/80C thermostat with an aluminum housing.
                          • Degreased and installed the power steering pump and res.
                          • Trimmed the E36 cooling duct on the alternator and installed.
                          • Installed VANOS oil feed AN adapter for the turbo oil supply.

The bodyshop is still working on reassembly of the chassis. They have the hood on and the side windows installed.

Comment

The E30 Is Home!

Brought the car back from the bodyshop today. Managed to give it a good wash (with new mitts) before the rain started.
                            Took some pictures of the new colour and some of the details.

Note that this is how the paint looks with Overcast lighting.
                            The gold/bronze doesn't really pop until it's hit with direct light (sunlight or artificial). Really makes the colour dynamic!

You can also see some of the finer details of the paintjob:
                            • Colourmatched bumper trim, cowl vents, brake booster, blower motor cover, and Kamei rear valance.
                            • Colourmatched & smoothed rocker panels and rear sheetmetal under the diving board bumper.
                            • Careful attention in the engine bay, including all seam sealer redone by hand.
                            • Quarter hood w/ shaved badge.

Full credit and massive thanks to Rob & Domenic at Delta Park Auto. I couldn't have picked a better shop to get the car back in shape.
                            These guys are passionate about what they do, and have that same attention to detail that I have always used when restoring my E30.

They fixed so many little imperfections I've been looking at for the past 7 years, and even a few I didn't know about like the license plate light area.

The rear quarter was expertly repaired, you would never know it was hit looking at the outside.
                            The bodywork was done in metal as much as possible, with very minimal body filler usage. The whole car is laser straight.

For longevity they sprayed on three heavy coats of clear, which will be cut & buffed in the springtime when the drivetrain is reinstalled.

Last edited by Panici; 11-09-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Saw you post this somewhere on facebook and meant to comment. I like the idea of painting some additional stuff in/around the engine bay body colour.
                              Really interested to see it all come together like that. Paint work looks spectacular.

Comment

I usually hate brown but that is a HOT colour. Man I'm so glad you fixed it and didn't just re-shell.
                                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X