X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Hi guys,

for everyone to see, we posted a new video on YT showing the E30IG Shiftlights in real action - Pro drift driver driving an E30 with our E30IG Shiftlights.
    ;D;D
    Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Originally posted by Mesarina View Post
    I got mine yesterday, hopefully next week is going to be working on my car, Joe is a nice person to make business with.

Thanks, so are you.

Leave a comment:

• Mesarina
    replied
    I got mine yesterday, hopefully next week is going to be working on my car, Joe is a nice person to make buisness with.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
    I had some time last night to dig in and go through the calibration process again, but didn't have any time to take a test drive.

Today I did drive it and have this to say about the product:
    It is really awesome and fun. It's a novelty that is also very useful. I'm very happy with it and am excited for the next product Joe comes up with.

If I had to come up with a complaint it would be that calibration is a bit tedious, and making any changes requires a lot of work. But if you are patient you will be happy with the results. For the price I think it is a terrific value. The ability to make adjustments after installation would be great, but I don't see how that could be done without doubling (at least) the cost.

I didn't install a day/night switch & I haven't adjusted the brightness from how it was at delivery. The brightness didn't bother me at all at night, but it is bright! During the day it seemed like an ideal brightness. It will get your attention when all the lights flash!

Thank you To Joe and the E30 IG team for a fantastic product for our old cars!
    We are glad you like the product and that it works as expected. We did extensive testing so we are not expecting any issues.

You are right, adjustments after installation would mean a few more cables hanging out of the cluster and a new board-box which would have to be attached somewhere in the car. We want to make stuff that enhances the car, but keeps the actual changes to minimal!

Thank you for the comment. This kind of comments keep us pushing to find new ways to enhance the E30.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
    Whats the price
    If i can afford it I'm in...anything about the wiper control
    The price for shiftlights is $150 including shipping, but the first two batches are already full. Please follow the thread to be informed.

Wiper control boards are in test phase. They should be available soon.
    What they do:
    - interval time is programmable with wiper stalk
    - wash function enhanced with auto one sweep after 3 seconds to wipe remaining liquid
    - slow and fast mode stays the same as original

Leave a comment:

• MoreMayhem
    replied
    I had some time last night to dig in and go through the calibration process again, but didn't have any time to take a test drive.

Today I did drive it and have this to say about the product:
    It is really awesome and fun. It's a novelty that is also very useful. I'm very happy with it and am excited for the next product Joe comes up with.

If I had to come up with a complaint it would be that calibration is a bit tedious, and making any changes requires a lot of work. But if you are patient you will be happy with the results. For the price I think it is a terrific value. The ability to make adjustments after installation would be great, but I don't see how that could be done without doubling (at least) the cost.

I didn't install a day/night switch & I haven't adjusted the brightness from how it was at delivery. The brightness didn't bother me at all at night, but it is bright! During the day it seemed like an ideal brightness. It will get your attention when all the lights flash!

Thank you To Joe and the E30 IG team for a fantastic product for our old cars!

Leave a comment:

• Drew325is
    replied
    Stoked mine arrived yesterday...just not sure when I'll find the time to install them...hopefully this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty325ix
    replied
    Whats the price
    If i can afford it I'm in...anything about the wiper control

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Anyone else tryied the shiftlights and love to drive with them so much you don't have time to post a comment ;D ?

MoreMayhem, any more news? Did you have time to try the setup again?

Leave a comment:

• MoreMayhem
    replied
    I've never been good at keeping secrets!

I was thinking exactly what you said: the temp trimmer was turned all the way down when the settings were made, and I'll try it again with the setting adjusts so the needle in the gauge is just in the blue area.

Disregard my comment about the order in which the settings were made, I see now that it doesn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Thank you for your feedback.
    You kind of ruined the cookie surprise for the rest :) but never mind that...

Can you first tell us what you meant by this:
    "With my setup I had do do the operating temperature thresholds first, then the warm-up thresholds."

The cold and hot thresholds settings are not dependent on each other, so the order should not actually be of any importance.

Regarding the not working as expected...
    please keep in mind that when you turn the temp trimmer all the way to min temp - this means the thresholds are being set for way below freezing cold-engine temperatures.

So if you start the engine at outside air temp of approx. 65°F (20°C) it means you begin somewhere in the "middle" of the cold-hot curve. This means the first LED will come on at higher revs than you set for "cold engine" operation.

If you do not expect your engine to go to as low temps as that, you can always set the temperature for cold engine thresholds a little higher on the temp gauge - for example just enough for the dial to move a little.

Please tell us if this helped.

Leave a comment:

• MoreMayhem
    replied
    Update:

It works, but not exactly the way it should. It seems the low them threshold settings are not working correctly. After removing and going through the setup procedure twice, it works while connected to the r3v generator board, but not when its reinstalled.
    Will try the setup procedure again today hopefully.

Leave a comment:

• MoreMayhem
    replied
    It's In

Received a nice package from Slovenia with a nice note inside:

And the following contents:

The cookie was a very nice touch!

Previously had received an email with a link to some instructions.

The instructions are really pretty well written and I had no problem following them to success.

Couple of suggestions:

Go buy a tiny flat blade screwdriver like. I have this set already:

http://www.amazon.com/Xcelite-Screwd.../dp/B0002BBZ4C

The pots on the different boards that you have to adjust during setup are tiny. you need a tiny screwdriver to adjust them. Also, the pots are very sensitive and sometimes you barely have to turn them.

Here's some notes and pics of my process:

Disconnect battery:

Don't really know why I took a picture of the disconnected ground. If you don't know how to do this by now, please return your E30 to the point of purchase.

Then remove this thing if your car still has one:

I removed my steering wheel, but you probably don't absolutely have to:

Covered the steering column to try and avoid scratching the cluster plastic. Already happened once before...

Take out the cluster. Instructions had a link to a how-to in case you need it.

Cyclops:

Then disassemble per the instructions. Remove the coding plug to get the SI board out of the cluster housing.:

Unfortunately this is the last photo I got for two reasons. 1. I suck at photos. 2. The battery died in my phone.

Fortunately, the rest of the instructions cover it nicely. With my setup I had do do the operating temperature thresholds first, then the warm-up thresholds. I'll try to add a video of it in operation later.

Feel free to ask any questions, so I can promptly ignore you.

Leave a comment:

• Mesarina
    replied
    as soon as I get my car from the exhaust shop, maybe I'll get both the same day

Leave a comment:

• E30 Innovative Goods
    replied
    Originally posted by Mesarina View Post
    Hope mine is on the way, that'll be a great christmas present for my e30 :D
    Of course it is.
    You were one of the first guys to pay
    So you'll be one of the first ones to try it out ;D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X