Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomansland92
    replied
    progress has been slow lately but its getting done

I didn't go crazy with the body work, i just wanted it to look good not perfect so i wasn't filling all the factory holes and smoothing everything. But either way it still turned out pretty nice.

Started pulling apart the motor and found this on the 6th cylinder, almost looks it was sitting with coolant in the cylinder? I'm planing on taking it to my local machine shop soon to see if this will be a problem because its being bored 1mm over.

These goodies also came in!

Starting playing with the engine bay , might be a little to flashy

Leave a comment:

• nomansland92
    replied
    Didn't get a chance to post any pictures last weekend but I've got a few things done since then

Got all the rust taken care of and started seam sealing all the factoy seams to make them nice and smooth

Probably could have gotten away without notching this but i wanted the extra room.

I had to notch the bottom out. Lots of welding and grinding pretty much

Intercooler mounts all made up.

heres how the intercooler fits

Leave a comment:

• Old city bimmer
    replied
    Looks great so far

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Nisse Järnet
    replied
    If you replace the stock cam with a Z45 or similar 4-500hp @ 1 bar boost shouldn't be a problem :)
    I was really happy with the performance of my 2,8 M20 with a PT6765.

Leave a comment:

• nomansland92
    replied
    Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Sweet! I've been waiting for this!

If you need someone to watch over your GC kit while your engine is out, just let me know.

Also, HX35s are dinosaurs. Are you going to be on an open scroll manifold? I would HIGHLY recommend going twin scroll. Your transient response and spool (and top end) will eat up a similar open scroll setup.

What are your power goals? The new Precision billet 5858s and 6262s are very nice, but they're junk in JB trim- you must go DBB with Precision stuff. My favorite turbo is the Borg Warner EFR stuff (gamma-ti turbine wheel), but they can get pricey. For the money (ONLY if you're going twin scroll, because BWs really were designed around TS) A S200SX FMW or a S300SX FMW depending on your power goals would be a VERY responsive and fun setup for the street.. A standard Garrett 30r or 35r is totally outdated now too, however, Forced Performance makes their own billet wheels for them.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks that is very helpful, I will look more into those turbos, the manifold I haven't now is a 666 adapter with open scroll, I would like to get a good quality manifold if any good ones pop up I'll be trying to grab one but a eBay manifold just isn't what I'm looking for.
    As for power goals I'm really only looking for 300-350 but any more is a bonus.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X