No announcement yet.

Northern's Sterlingsilber 325is + M52 + Borg S257

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NIce updates, sorry about the "oops." Dumb question, how are you going about posting so many pics in your posts? I've been doing it the same as I did on the old software, however now it only lets me add a max of 5 photos per post. Makes adding DIY's and such a big pain
    Albie

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 Feedback | Albie's M4 European Delivery

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
      NIce updates, sorry about the "oops." Dumb question, how are you going about posting so many pics in your posts? I've been doing it the same as I did on the old software, however now it only lets me add a max of 5 photos per post. Makes adding DIY's and such a big pain
      I've been able to add more than 5 by just inserting the img tags and urls manually (not using the toolbar). So I'm actually typing in:

Code:
      *leftbracket*img*rightbracket*http://someurl.com/path/to/photo.jpg*leftbracket*/img*rightbracket*
      Edit: It tries to evaluate the img tags even in a CODE block, so I'll substitute *leftbracket* for [ and *rightbracket* for ].

Comment

I upload them to flickr, then use their share button for the bbcode link. I usually delete the extra text/url crap they tack on so it looks like what Mike wrote, but I got lazy on the last post.

The only real advantage of using flickr's share button is it lets you reduce the picture size.
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Nice, thanks guys. I use Flickr as well but had been using the insert image icon in the toolbar to paste in the url. For whatever reason on the new software doing it this way adds pictures as attachments, with a max of 5. Your guys way of doing it is way easier.
          Albie

'86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 Feedback | Albie's M4 European Delivery

Comment

Congrats on the FSAE-Michigan finish! I'm a Michigan State alum and learned most of my engineering knowledge from the FSAE team.

I was there for the endurance event and I'm pretty sure I saw your car out there. Completing endurance is the toughest (and most important) part of comp, and as you mentioned testing time is key. A low development car with two months of testing time will always beat a highly developed car with no testing time on it.
            Last edited by -J-; 08-27-2019, 12:01 PM. Reason: Grammar.
            -----I drink and I know car things-----
            1989 325i Touring - Daily W.I.P.
            ->https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=398457

Comment

Originally posted by -J- View Post
              Congrats on the FSAE-Michigan finish! I'm a Michigan State alum and learned most of my engineering knowledge from the FSAE team.

I was there for the endurance event and I'm pretty sure I saw your car out there. Completing endurance is the toughest (and most important) part of comp, and as you mentioned testing time is key. A low development car with two months of testing time will always beat a highly developed car with no testing time on it.
              I somehow missed this reply, but thanks! This is the first time in the 3 years on the team that we actually had any success and it felt great.
              On the other hand, the team's management just completed their "worst" academic term and spent almost no time on the current year's car. I think we're deciding to fold, restructure, and spend an extra year building the team/developing the car. I'm taking a step back to maybe just advise/design things during my final year, and I think I'll be a lot happier doing that.

Originally posted by Northern View Post
              I got my AC Tig up and running and patched the E34 oil pan for the 4dr car, then promptly left the Argon on and wasted practically a full tank.
              Update: Confirmed I'm an idiot. Tank was open, but is not completely empty. Seems like the gauge on the regulator is broken, or the tank is so close to empty that it doesn't read.

After driving the car this past summer/fall, I really want to put some more work in:
              • Shifter - ebay short shifter has a lot of play. I wanted to do a floor mount setup, but I'm thinking of just throwing a z3 shifter in with a new cup first to see how it feels.
              • Seat - I fixed my ripped bolsters a few years ago, but the reclining mechanism skips teeth and I'm using a RH lower frame which is annoying.
              • Diff - has a lot of lash, not sure what's going on. Need a 2.93 anyway to match the ZF. I bought a Racing Diffs carrier cap and clutch/plate kit but still need the s2.93 carrier.
              • Axles - Have some play. I'd rebuild them but I'd rather just buy new GKN/Loebro to have spares.
              • Engine -
                • Charge piping needs some changes to smooth out near the MAF and move the BOV. I have the piping but need to cut/weld.
                • New 52lb/hr Bosch EV14 injectors on the way. Should be fine for my power goals, and idle way better than the Deka 60s.
                • Walbro 255 coming as well. I don't trust the TRE pump.
                • I want to lower my wastegate springs to either 7.25psi with Green/Red. or 8.7 with Green/Blue (I think I'm 11.6psi Black/Blue now)
              • Tune -
                • Need to rescale for 52lb injectors
                • Need to rescale everything with load by 0.5 to prevent overflow in the ECU. Didn't know this was necessary when I set it up the first time
                • Need to treat the main fuel table as a stoich target, and then use the WOT table to multiply that to get to 11.8 or whatever. Again, didn't know this was necessary before.
                • I've always been worried by the lack of failsafes and wanted an EBC to provide overboost protection if I stayed on the stock ECU. Finally pulled the trigger on a GFB G-Force III, which now also accepts lambda signal from my LC-1 to set a lean alarm when under a specified AFR at >80% of boost target. The value of this unit with the AUD/CAD exchange rate is amazing. I'll use this to try to tune a WOT load range from WG spring pressure up to ~10psi depending on how it goes.
              • Fuel System -
                • Need to replace fuel lines at the fuel filter. I forgot last year, but some of them are dry rotting.
                • These 52lb EV14s are the "Standard" length, ie. ~10mm shorter than the old EV1/EV6 injectors, so I need to mess with tabs on the fuel rail.
                • Fuel rail has leaked in the past, the early M52 rail isn't flared because it uses push connect lines and I stupidly tried to flare them, so I need to figure out what to do there.
                • Lines are too short in the engine bay, so I can't move the fuel rail off the intake manifold. I'll buy some new line to give myself another 6".
              Hopefully after all of that, it'll be reasonable to drive, and I won't be scared to put miles on it.

For future reference:

Last edited by Northern; 01-21-2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

super cool. love the updates. thank you for sharing with us.

Comment

Cool to see another BW S257, curious to see how the M20 vs M52 compares with it. Hopefully my M20 holds together

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
                    Hopefully my M20 holds together
                    I feel the same way about my M52 lol.

I'm thinking about getting my new laptop set up with Romraider and MS41 quickflash so I can start updating my tune. There's no rush, but it's something I can work on that doesn't involve being outside...

After it's updated, I have to send it out to Abe for him to convert that to MS41.3, which is an exciting recent development for RR.
                    MS41.3 is custom code which gives some extra features: https://sites.google.com/site/openms...-code---ms41-3
                    I probably will only use like half of those features - inputs for logging, CEL flash for knock, expanded tables all sound really good.

I think my EBC came in early - I had a delivery notice on my door last night with a customs fee of $57...
                    Last edited by Northern; 01-28-2020, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X