Time attack BMW M20 New PB + More Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill get some videos next week.
    We are just having some issues configuring the Race Pak (Haltech) Dash to the Link computer. Hopefully it will be tuned next week.

329i

Comment

Looking awesome!

How's clearance with that wheel/tyre combo front and rear? Is it ok for daily driving or just track?
      '90 318is

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
        Looking awesome!

How's clearance with that wheel/tyre combo front and rear? Is it ok for daily driving or just track?
        You could have this setup for the street, no problems at all. with the flares of course.
        I love it.

329i

Comment

So slowly getting there, We have had boost spiking issues which is due to the wastegate being to small. so we are adding external gate and screamer pipe, which will be plumped back in after the downpipe.
          Also intake temps were to high so I've had to add a much larger intercooler.
          The car will be back on the dyno soon. will add photos soon.
          Also we have the Race Pak dash sorted.
          The car has had a rough tune on 12 psi making 300rwhp.

329i

Comment

Originally posted by jules325i View Post
            You could have this setup for the street, no problems at all. with the flares of course.
            I love it.
            Awesome. Looks like I will need big 17s and flares for my setup to get the power down and also fit big brakes. Where did you get these koyas from? I'm thinking 225/40 or 235/40 front and 245/40 rear semi slicks.

Did you end up having to run spacers on the front to avoid the strut?
            Last edited by AusScare; 07-06-2015, 12:27 AM.
            '90 318is

Comment

So slowly getting there, We have had boost spiking issues which is due to the wastegate being to small. so we are adding external gate and screamer pipe, which will be plumped back in after the downpipe.
              Also intake temps were to high so I've had to add a much larger intercooler.
              The car will be back on the dyno soon. will add photos soon.
              Also we have the Race Pak dash sorted.
              The car has had a rough tune on 12 psi making 300rwhp.
              You've put together a nice built engine but that log manifold is most likely causing the high intake temps from high back pressure.
              A nice tubular manifold would be a huge improvement over that log.
              Where's your timing at 13psi..?
              Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                You've put together a nice built engine but that log manifold is most likely causing the high intake temps from high back pressure.
                A nice tubular manifold would be a huge improvement over that log.
                Where's your timing at 13psi..?
                Interesting! I'm still kicking myself for not getting a tubular manifold to begin with. my first intentions were to be a very low boost build but....
                When will your manifolds be ready for the m20?
                I Just put in a 600x300x76 cooler.
                My tuner said he hadn't put much timing in it yet, so i'm not sure.

329i

Comment

Awesome. Looks like I will need big 17s and flares for my setup to get the power down and also fit big brakes. Where did you get these koyas from? I'm thinking 225/40 or 235/40 front and 245/40 rear semi slicks.

Did you end up having to run spacers on the front to avoid the strut?

I got them from Koyo in Brisbane - http://www.koya.com.au/
                  They are SF02's
                  I would recommend having a look at the federal 595 RSR semi Slicks, They are the best bang for your buck tyre. I also found them to be outstanding in the wet. I have run them on my daily 325i stroker without any dramas,
                  Also done plenty of track days with them and they have lasted pretty well.

I'm using A 10mm front spacer at the moment, but a 5mm spacer is better suited, I'll be reducing the spacer soon because I have heaps of clearance off the strut. I also just fitted my front IE Willwood 310mm 16" wheel kit. and there is a massive 2 inches clearance from the calliper to the wheel spokes. very sleek kit indeed.

329i

Comment

Ok great thanks. So the spacer is 100% required for the fronts?
                    '90 318is

Comment

Ok great thanks. So the spacer is 100% required for the fronts?

Yeah with my setup it is.

329i

Comment

Yeah with my setup it is.
                        Ok cool.

I'm thinking, mine will be a road car, so with the flares, would the following work ok and sit well:

17x8 +15 front with 235/40/17
                        17x9 +15 rear 255 or 245/40/17

That would solve the strut issue without needing a spacer, though do you think the fitment would be ok with the big flares? It will poke out 12.7mm less than before. Thinking brake clearance would still be good!

What do you reckon?
                        '90 318is

Comment

Ok cool.

I'm thinking, mine will be a road car, so with the flares, would the following work ok and sit well:

17x8 +15 front with 235/40/17
                          17x9 +15 rear 255 or 245/40/17

That would solve the strut issue without needing a spacer, though do you think the fitment would be ok with the big flares? It will poke out 12.7mm less than before. Thinking brake clearance would still be good!

What do you reckon?
                          Yeah that should work.
                          It will give you that extra grip.

329i

Comment

329i

Comment

Dyno tuned

The flat spot is wheelspin.
                              It made 378HP

Finally some updates
                              Roll cage in and painted seats and harnesses all done.

Ive changed a lot of things from before.
                              Had 6Boost in Toowoomba make me a custom manifold and 3.5 inch dump and a screamer pipe, I changed to a Garret GTX3076 Turbo and a 50mm Progate wastegate and a race port BOV. The new setup is super responsive.

Took her to the track the other day without any issues.

329i

Comment

Damn healthy numbers! Congrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X