Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVracer: Pride of the Trailer Park Build

Hello All.

This is my first proper posting on here other than buying this mega awesome 1987 325IS in the for sale section. I love me some 80's cars like the Goonies loves Pirate treasure. I wanted straight-paneled car with a good engine. I didn't very much care if the paint look like it was dumped off the BangBus and left for dead as I planned on painting the car Space Gray to match my 135i. I know, weird. Two matching cars spanning multiple decades makes no sense.

[/URL]

It looked like the most solid car I could get for the money so I took the trip up to NJ with the 7.3 turbodiesel Supervan with a trailer to pick it up. It was love at first drive. Things weren't all that straight with the steering but the engine pulled way stronger than I expected and the car was very lively. The rear end danced on the cold NJ streets like a stripper trying to score some meth (or tanning bed passes or whatever the drug of choice is in that area.) It was going home with me.

[/URL]

Right now the focus is on teardown and metal replacement. As a club motorcycle racer and a professional student, I don't have any spare funds to dump into this thing as of yet, but I do have some skill and some tools to make it better.

Future Mods:
    Solid Metal
    Tar removal
    Shaved engine bay (Like my cars like I like my girls. 27, shaved,
    lightweight, sporty)
    Paint- Space gray or a bit darker
    Kamotors fender flairs
    IS side skirts
    Apex Arc 8 wheels
    ASD 16" hydraulic handbrake
    Front BBK

Future Future Mods (Don't hold your breath. This will be a while):
    V8 Swap- Seriously LS3
    Sikky oil pan and steering linkage
    Tremec T56 Super Magnum Transmission
    Wilwood clutch and brake pedal box w/master cylinders

[/URL]

Chapter 1- The Teardown

Yea That's an airhorn. It blew apart after a few spectacular doughnuts so I had to tape it up to make it home. Overall pretty clean and solid.

Car is from NYC apparently. Those rubes can't drive.

OOOO So clean. Much Fresh. Many Girls

Tear-Free IS seats- Check
    Mtech Wheel needing rewrap- Check
    Crack-free dash- Check
    Short-shifter and bangin' knob- Check
    Non-working head unit- Check
    Wiring harness bursting out of the seams- Check WHY IS THE UNDER DASH FALLING DOWN???? WIRES! Oh so many WIRES!

Gross. It's got a sunroof. That's like painting a zipper fly on Jesus's robe while hanging from the cross. It's gotta go. It will go.

Some proper doughnuts freed this from under the seat. What amount of LSD must someone consume to merge the mind of an E30 owner with that 12 year old girl?

WIRES WIRES WIRES! BARE WIRES! WHERE DID THE TAPE GO?

Moving into the stripping some more.... rust. The gas vent tube is wasted.

Beware. The carpet may not feel damp from the top but the thick foam padding can hold alot of water.

The worst part of the car other than the gas vent tube. Large hole in the floor to the left of the clutch pedal.

Time for some de-tarring, de-rusting, and fab.

I don't know what this guy is but it like it -> :ST1G:
Working...
X