1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
    The super sports are a lot softer of spring rate. I’d expect the rubbing issues to stay there if he went with the super sports or possibly get worse.

A little camber, roll the fenders, stronger springs. Call it a day
    Keeping these springs, going to roll, 10mm spring pads and a bit more camber. Should be perfect.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Sounds good to me. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
        With the usual S54 swap without the PWM fan, its best to put the MSS54/HP into Z3 chassis config which uses a dual relay setup like the E30. But with Garys solution or the one that Airventdisplay.no is coming out with, make sure your MSS54/HP is set for the default E46 chassis config.
        So how does the variable E46 compressor work without the Can Bus?

Comment

That's what Gary and Airventdisplay.no's solutions take care of. It's not all CAN bus though, some is on the K-Bus. Just know, with the magic of programmers and hardware guys like the 2 mentioned, we can have working AC, and can utilize the E46 variable compressor.

Comment

That's what Gary and Airventdisplay.no's solutions take care of. It's not all CAN bus though, some is on the K-Bus. Just know, with the magic of programmers and hardware guys like the 2 mentioned, we can have working AC, and can utilize the E46 variable compressor.
            So without it the variable compressor will not turn on correct?

Comment

Variable Compressor or not does not matter. Without either of these 2 boards there is no compressor control. But if you have the variable displacement compressor, it will run as such. You see that the wiring from the ECU to compressor goes through a relay first? This means the ECU does not and can not vary the signal to the ECU except by switching the relay on and off. Ours is mechanically controlled, not electronically controlled for it's variable properties.

However with the MSS54, you have other niceties such that under WOT (wide open throttle) the ECU shuts off AC to regain the parasitic draw of the AC system.

Read this:
              https://www.underhoodservice.com/bmw...c-compressors/
              Last edited by R3Z3N; 03-26-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Gratuitous shot after I detailed some of the other rides.

And one more shot of the E30.

Comment

Can’t wait to see Klaus in person..
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                    Can’t wait to see Klaus in person..
                    Haha you have seen Klaus naked!

Comment

Ha that’s so true.. you know what i mean. That cluster man wow
                      You should bring it buy so I can get him up on my scissor lift ;-)

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                        Ha that’s so true.. you know what i mean. That cluster man wow
                        You should bring it buy so I can get him up on my scissor lift ;-)
                        Definitely will!

Comment

Long time no update. Life getting in the way of the car, too much travel not enough time home.

So the car is running and driving quite well actually. The rubbing problem in the rear was fixed by going from 3mm spring pads (less than the stock ones) to 10mm pads in the rear. Now that there is no rubbing put miles on it so the computer is adapted and then we will tune and dyno. Pretty much everything is done now except the AC. Still having some issues with the Canbus. It's at the shop now and they are working on getting the AC up and running.

Comment

Can’t wait for a ride in this beast :-)

Needs a CM5908+BT once the AC is sorted. Working a trunk sub and 5 channel rear amp setup too.. Will bring a car by later this summer

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

If you can not get the CANboard working, airventdisplay.no just finished the PCBs for his variant which will also integrate for full MK60 support with or without EWS/IKE/IKHA. Just some soldering and testing to do. As to the AC dryer to E46 AC pressure sensor adapter, still in progress here in SB, the shop has been busy.

Comment

If you can not get the CANboard working, airventdisplay.no just finished the PCBs for his variant which will also integrate for full MK60 support with or without EWS/IKE/IKHA. Just some soldering and testing to do. As to the AC dryer to E46 AC pressure sensor adapter, still in progress here in SB, the shop has been busy.

Thanks Justin, they may be giving you a call this week for help. The guy's name is Alex, although I think we have it figured out now it just taking time to finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X