No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Not a problem at all. Don't think I got a call so I hope you got it squared away!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      ^ Not a problem at all. Don't think I got a call so I hope you got it squared away!
      Yea I think we got it, going to test tomorrow with some freon.

Also added a new car to the family. I thought I would just leave this car alone, no mods, that lasted 2 weeks lol.

Just did a few light things, new wheels, remove the front plate and replace the reflectors with IND painted versions. The car handles like a tank, but it sure is fast and comfortable.

I can basically fit the E30 in the trunk of this thing.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Those cars are amazing for what they are. Interior is nuts. I just hate the kidney grills.

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you do for a career/work?

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
          Those cars are amazing for what they are. Interior is nuts. I just hate the kidney grills.

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you do for a career/work?
          I don't mind the grills as much on this one, the 2020 facelifted grills are crazy! They are like double the size.

Well I get a car allowance but the car had to be 4 years old or newer and I got a really good deal I know the dealer and it was a demo so the price was just stupid not to take it.

That being said an exec at a fortune 500.

Comment

Forgot this pic, chllin with a 928. Kinda like that car. Hate the chrome wheels though.

Comment

So got a little shake down test driving today.

The AC is still not working, actually think its a bad pressure switch so changing that out. Everything is getting power.

Anyway the car is fast! I can chrip the tires easily in second and third gear, wondering if I could in fourth as well but didnt try it.

Anyway, this thing is just so fun to drive, still need to finish up a bunch of little things (like the AC) but wow I cant wait to drive this all summer.

I got back into my M3 after and it just felt so slow and heavy. Made me miss the E30.

Here is a small video of it reving. Excuse some poor shifts I forgot my go pro and almost dropped the phone at one point causing me to press the clutch again.

Anyway enjoy!

Last edited by Staszek; 08-09-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Sweet thang, I imagine the adrenaline flow there lol

Comment

Nice, too bad about the ac still. Your oil temp at 217 C? Or is that F, I cant see?

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    Nice, too bad about the ac still. Your oil temp at 217 C? Or is that F, I cant see?
                    217F right in range.

Comment

Love the video! Love the build.

I have a feeling Ill be joining you in the AC not working boat once I get my car back from exhaust. Still need lines made too so I havent tried it at all. But my sport button isnt working either so something may already be up...

Comment

Originally posted by masterofnone View Post
                        Love the video! Love the build.

I have a feeling Ill be joining you in the AC not working boat once I get my car back from exhaust. Still need lines made too so I havent tried it at all. But my sport button isnt working either so something may already be up...
                        My sport button is definitely working. Did some programming to make it less jumpy.

I have been away all week, taking to my guy who was helping it seems that the bad pressure sensor may be the culprit. The AC has kicked on and is supposedly blowing cold now. I will confirm when I get back.

Comment

I have a rear suspension question, I feel like its just too low.

I am running H&R Sports 50406 and Koni Adjustables.

I do have a bit more weight in the back with an E36 M3 Exhaust and a larger battery, but this seems really low.

I am running larger spring pads in the rear because I had slight rubbing, (still do), I took this pic today with a full tank of gas, the car is super low and the springs are really compressed.

I know people like low, but I would actually like a bit more height in the rear.

The front is just fine and that is with the heavier S54 in there, do I have bad rear springs?

Rear

Front

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                            I got back into my M3 after and it just felt so slow and heavy. Made me miss the E30.
                            I think this is why we all keep coming back to E30s.

As far as the rear being too low, I think thats just a symptom of the late models lower arches. Id suggest trying to get the fenders rolled slightly (looks like the front has grabbed the inner fender too, so Id just do all four corners. Best time is before paint just in case some paint cracks at the edges.

I had 16x8 wheels with a meaty tire on the cirrusly blue 325i for a little while and it had just the slightest roll and I never got any rubbing.

Its probably really close and with the power that the car is dealing with its probably just catching
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              I think this is why we all keep coming back to E30s.

As far as the rear being too low, I think thats just a symptom of the late models lower arches. Id suggest trying to get the fenders rolled slightly (looks like the front has grabbed the inner fender too, so Id just do all four corners. Best time is before paint just in case some paint cracks at the edges.

I had 16x8 wheels with a meaty tire on the cirrusly blue 325i for a little while and it had just the slightest roll and I never got any rubbing.

Its probably really close and with the power that the car is dealing with its probably just catching

I do plan on a slight roll, but this seems pretty low compared to other H&R Sports I have seen, and the springs look really compressed.

Comment

Yours look like H&R super sports, that might by the difference
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X