No announcement yet.

1990 325is restomod project aka "Klaus"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoke to several installers (plus all the people on the board and yes those are what the rear H&R Sports are supposed to look like. So I ended up switching to the xi version which raised the rear right around a 1/2", exactly what I wanted, no more rubbing and the stance is slightly raked (not much) but I like it!

Before

After-I'm sure they may settle slightly

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Was nice out today, still shaking the car down finding little things here and there to fix, but overall its awesome.

Took a few pics of the crew, and a short vid of my wife driving the E30 for the first time since the swap.

After the new springs its sitting exactly how I want it.

My wife driving it home from the park.
      Last edited by Staszek; 06-10-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Car is looking super nice! Glad those springs worked out

Comment

I finally have a right front blinker again. I thought it was the bulb, I replaced it, nope, I was hoping it wasnt wiring, I dont know why I never checked that when I had the car apart, but I guess I forgot it didnt work.

Thankfully its easy to take the front bumper off on the plastic bumper cars, it turned out to just the actual housing, the old one must have had a leak in it, it was pretty rusted out inside.

I do have a question, I had my trailing arms redone and reinforced with my subframe by Garagistic. The plastic clips that hold the hardlines to the trailing arms were removed.

For the life of me I cannot find the right part number for them. The one on Real OEM is wrong, I must have ordered 3 different types thinking they were the right ones and every time they are not what I had.

What is the part number for these, or does any have any laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
            On a lighter note, first carwash since the swap and all the work I did, no leaks!

What wiper blades are those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            /// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
              What wiper blades are those?

They're Bosch Icons.

Comment

They were Bosch Icons.

Were?

/// MTech Belts ///

S52 BUILD

M3 VERT BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by 968Reckless View Post
                  Were?

Are lol I fixed it after I typed.

Comment

What is the part number for these, or does any have any laying around?
                    I believe you're looking for this: 34321158467

Just make sure to double check.

Car's looking good as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by kid8
                      I believe you're looking for this: 34321158467

Just make sure to double check.
                      No, these are too small (ask me how I know). I had the same problem, ordered about 5 different types of clips and brackets before finally finding the right ones.

The part you need is 16121176767, they look like this:

These are for all your hard brake lines. There's also a very similar, yet slightly larger bracket, part # 16131177494 that is for all the hard fuel lines in case you're missing any of those as well. I also had a tough time finding them so figured I'd send it your way just in case.

And I agree, car looks awesome, definitely like the higher rear ride height.
                      '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
                        No, these are too small (ask me how I know). I had the same problem, ordered about 5 different types of clips and brackets before finally finding the right ones.

The part you need is 16121176767, they look like this:

These are for all your hard brake lines. There's also a very similar, yet slightly larger bracket, part # 16131177494 that is for all the hard fuel lines in case you're missing any of those as well. I also had a tough time finding them so figured I'd send it your way just in case.

And I agree, car looks awesome, definitely like the higher rear ride height.
                        That first number you listed, it says its for a gas line as well as the second one. Are you sure thats it?

Comment

^Thanks from me too. I need one for a fuel line.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek
                            That first number you listed, it says its for a gas line as well as the second one. Are you sure thats it?
                            Yea I'm sure, here's some pics of them on my car:

Here's another pic with the feul line clips (Green) and the brake line clips (Red):

The reason why I had so much trouble finding them is because they are listed this way on the parts store sites. I actually bought the brake line clips by mistake the first time thinking that they were for the fuel lines (I needed those too) but then realized they were too small. That's when I found the second part # which are identical in appearance but have a slightly larger diameter.
                            '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Thanks! No wonder I could not find them.

Comment

So finally got the right clips!

Comment

Working...
                                X