Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staszek
    replied
    So onto the rear wheel bearings so I can strip and paint the trailing arms.

First off, I should have at least taken these off before they were off the car, what a pain in the ass without the weight of the vehicle.

Anyway got the clip off and the hubs off with a little leverage from a large tamper bar and some lug nuts.

Used the same lug nuts to remove the hub.

Of course the bearing was stuck in the trailing arm. So I used a contraption I saw on a youtube video to remove the bearings. 3' to 4" PVC coupler, 5/8" threaded rod, a few nuts and washers and my 46mm socket.

It worked fantastic on the first one, bearing came right out with a lot of turning.

Last edited by Staszek; 10-26-2017, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by MCreally? View Post
    Great work so far! Where did you get those door cards?
    Thanks! I bought them from a guy in Germany.

Willkommen in unserem eBay Shop. Wir haben uns auf Lederausstattungen für den BMW E30 spezialisiert. Verwendung findet bei uns nur Automobil-Echtleder in Erstausrüsterqualität. Wer seinen geliebten BMW E30 verschöner will ist bei uns genau richtig, egal ob M3, Cabrio, Touring o. Limousine.

Leave a comment:

• MCreally?
    replied
    Door panels

Great work so far! Where did you get those door cards?

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Ok last update of the weekend. I feel like I got a lot accomplished and almost nothing accomplished at the same time :roll:

So I traced back the gnawed on, it did go to the evap system and was still connected, I pulled the cover off to get to it and I have never seen so much corrosion coming out from behind the cover. I am assuming it was partially rust and maybe some hind of coating, I have no idea, but all that stuff on the ground around the hose is from behind the panel covering it.

It was a bitch to get out, I hope that was because of the corrosion, hopefully the new one will slide in easier.

I cleaned up the wheel well and painted it with rust inhibitor, I will be doing the Wurth this week.

Last but not least, moved over all the tubes which were in good shape, fuel pump, sensors and grommets to the new tank. I ddnt install it yet, I ordered some new rubber fuel lines and that evap line I will install it all together. Love having a clean tank with no dents!

Oh and I degreased and power washed the bottom of the car today so I have a nice clean surface for the Wurth underbody spray.

Im exhausted and it feels like I still have so much work to do just to get wheels back on the car.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Finally pulled the new springs out of the box too. While I want the car lower I am not one of those people who want it slammed and dont like removing spring pads.

I was able to get a 5mm thinner version of the stock pads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X