No announcement yet.

Project Armo "330i" M-tech 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again with an unapproved post but at least the previous one just became visible.
    E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Oh man, that sound. Good work as always, happy you figured most of the stuff out. How high is the idle now?
      '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
        Oh man, that sound. Good work as always, happy you figured most of the stuff out. How high is the idle now?
        The idle is now stable at 1300 rpm when the O2 sensors heat up and for now I'm happy with the operation of the engine. We'll see where the idle settles with full exhaust system, air filter and normal load on the alternator once the engine is in the car. I did some more testing and synchrinzed the vacuum levels at idle. There's post about that pending for approval. I giess I editet the post too soon after posting and it was flagged as spam.
        E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Post #435 just became available. Enjoy!
          E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

I had that "flagged as spam, pending for approval" message before. Luckily I saved the post before I submitted it. So I just edit/deleted my post and pasted the saved post as a new post and it worked. Try that next time. The updated R3v seems very temperamental.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

what would you ideally want the idle to be sitting at? stock is pretty low at like 700 in my e90. I could also image that the car sitting at 1300rpm could pretty frustrating. It's probably just me, but when my car doesn't idle properly i think everyone around me is looking at me wondering why the fuck my car isn't running properly. "I'm working on it!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                what would you ideally want the idle to be sitting at? stock is pretty low at like 700 in my e90. I could also image that the car sitting at 1300rpm could pretty frustrating. It's probably just me, but when my car doesn't idle properly i think everyone around me is looking at me wondering why the fuck my car isn't running properly. "I'm working on it!" lol
                Somewhere below 1000 would be fine for me. I don't care so much about the exact value as long as everything works as it should. My stock single vanos 528i idles at 700.
                Last edited by Skarpa; 10-10-2019, 01:14 AM.
                E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

havent checked on this thread in a while. Engine looks so good! Cant wait to see it all together, its been a long ride lol
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    havent checked on this thread in a while. Engine looks so good! Cant wait to see it all together, its been a long ride lol
                    Yeah, it sure has. This September the project turns seven years old :D But it's not too long way to go anymore.
                    Last edited by Skarpa; 10-10-2019, 12:31 PM.
                    E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

I've been working on the body and the bodykit as well as the engine.

I marked the positions and drilled the holes for the side skirts:

I also mounted the M-tech 1 rear wing on the boot lid. The boot lid I bought has a funny trim cover. It's the first time I've seen one like this on an E30. It's just shame it's so warped. Might be repairable by adding a few extra fixings, though.

The wing is in pretty good condition except for the surface. The material of wing is firm but slightly soft rubbery foam stuff. When new, it had a smooth, surface. On the underside it still does but but the top side is baked by the sun and the surface is burnt into matte, slightly rough texture with a bit too light a color. I'd like to restore the surface with some suitable coating if only I was sure what works. Other option would be to apply some rubber conditioner on it which would probably restore the color but not the smooth finish.

The body received 3M 08800 undercoating (11 bags) and a top coat of 2-component polyurethane paint tinted in zinnoberrot

This felt like a big milestone. The underside looks brand new! I couldn't help but to shout in excitement!

However, I don't want the red spare wheel well stick out from under the rear valance so I gave it a coat of black paint.
                      Last edited by Skarpa; 10-10-2019, 10:32 PM.
                      E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        I had that "flagged as spam, pending for approval" message before. Luckily I saved the post before I submitted it. So I just edit/deleted my post and pasted the saved post as a new post and it worked. Try that next time. The updated R3v seems very temperamental.
                        Yeah, I tried that but copy pasting a long post seems to immediately result in "flagged as spam" post. My problem is that English is not my native language. I never seem to get it right on the first try. Then, when I realize how to better say what I wanted and come back to edit the post, it's flagged as spam.
                        Last edited by Skarpa; 10-10-2019, 06:47 PM.
                        E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Dude, undercoat looks very legit. I feel you on "hitting a big milestone". It is a big milestone for sure!
                          Can't wait to see it complete....
                          '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

Undercoating looks fantastic, love the attention to detail with painting the lower spare tire well black. Making some great progress on the body!

Cheers!

Comment

It sure is rewarding!

A couple of weeks ago I took the first batch of separate parts to the painter. I'll the take the rest once I get the fenders and such test fitted to make sure I don't need start massaging them once they are painted. I'll also need to repair a few cracks in the bodykit.
                              E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
                                Undercoating looks fantastic, love the attention to detail with painting the lower spare tire well black. Making some great progress on the body!

Cheers!
                                Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                                Dude, undercoat looks very legit. I feel you on "hitting a big milestone". It is a big milestone for sure!
                                Can't wait to see it complete....
                                Thanks!
                                E30 Armo "330i"

Comment

Working...
                                X