Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neato. Thanks for sharing!
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Any opinions on the M-Tech I kit? I'm keen to order one from the same place as you and wanted a review on it :)

Comment

The CEP kit is great. The only issues I had really were with the front foglights mounting and adjusting or lack thereof and the top of the side skirts where they meet the body being a little off. The fogs mount up okay but there's nothing to keep the fogs from tilting. The adjustment tab is missing from the repro. So I used hot glue to keep the lights in position and white caulking to fill the gaps on the side skirts. Those are my gripes with this kit. Also the front and rear spoilers don't extend into the wheel arch like the original but it's not a big deal.

There was an original kit for $1200 shipped sans deck lid spoiler. That was a good deal. I got the complete Cep kit for $850 shipped with decklid spoiler. Everything is very lightweight yet more durable than oem supposedly. Just depends on your budget and what is available at the time. I didn't see many waves or imperfections on the raw pieces but if there were the paint guy took care of them. The kit looks like oem and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference especially since there aren't many m tech 1's around.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-27-2016, 11:56 PM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          The CEP kit is great. The only issues I had really were with the front foglights mounting and adjusting or lack thereof and the top of the side skirts where they meet the body being a little off. The fogs mount up okay but there's nothing to keep the fogs from tilting. The adjustment tab is missing from the repro. So I used hot glue to keep the lights in position and white caulking to fill the gaps on the side skirts. Those are my gripes with this kit. Also the front and rear spoilers don't extend into the wheel arch like the original but it's not a big deal.

There was an original kit for $1200 shipped sans deck lid spoiler. That was a good deal. I got the complete Cep kit for $850 shipped with decklid spoiler. Everything is very lightweight yet more durable than oem supposedly. Just depends on your budget and what is available at the time. I didn't see many waves or imperfections on the raw pieces but if there were the paint guy took care of them. The kit looks like oem and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference especially since there aren't many m tech 1's around.
          Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. I think I'll be ordering an M-Tech II kit from them to replace my original one :)

Beyond that, I am super happy to hear that there are still new companies creating good quality kits/items that surpass the expectations of OG guys like yourself. Gives me hope in the future of E30 lives.

Comment

Originally posted by mila325 View Post
            Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. I think I'll be ordering an M-Tech II kit from them to replace my original one :)

Beyond that, I am super happy to hear that there are still new companies creating good quality kits/items that surpass the expectations of OG guys like yourself. Gives me hope in the future of E30 lives.
            Well not so fast. Keep in mind the M tech 1 kit is different from the M tech 2. The M tech 2 reps feature bumper covers as well and has pods for the doors. I'd be concerned with how the pods mount to the doors. M tech 1 mounts under the trim pieces so you can't see it. You will want to find someone who has their rep M tech 2 kit to see if it's right for you.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Props on seeing this through. Looks to have come out very nice.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Thanks Rob, it's been a journey. I went to the dealer and confirmed BMW NA blocked the order. I provided my euro vin / registration today so now it's a waiting game.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                  Looks fantastic. Should of had the rear side markers deleted though :/
                  +1 Really ruins the look of the car.

Comment

Eibach/Bilsteins are on for now. The ride is low and soft...I may switch to race springs. The rear bushings need to be done too. Will do it at the same time I suppose. I have just been enjoying it for now. Love the look! We should have gotten them like this here in the US. That rear side reflector does stick out like a sore thumb.
                    Last edited by reelizmpro; 12-02-2016, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Looks SO good my man!

Mr. Wolfe
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks real good

Comment

Got a call from the dealer monday that the T bolts/clamps came in. After BMW NA got my info the parts were released and came in the next day. So I have the T bolts that I didn't order enough of the first time around. Again, you really do need all 15 clamps and nuts for the rear bumper to keep the trim nice and flush with the bumper. This will in turn make sure it's long enough to make it all the way inside the end caps as well so there's no need to get the M tech bumper strip.

Comment

This bit about not selling simple items is bs.
                            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                              This bit about not selling simple items is bs.
                              Tell me about it. It's such a broad policy but it's another reason why I'm giddy about picking up this Euro car. That and the fact it's CA BAR certified. Now I'm curious if I can order ANY euro part or only ones that were fitted to this model.

Comment

I imagine your restricted to just e30 non M3 parts, but might be worth a shot for that evo short block. I really should have bought one a few years back but it required a good core which I did not have.

Oh your gonna have to update your sig photo.
                                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                                X