Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Blox 18mm adapters so I can run my 5x120 wheels.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I swapped the rear springs/shocks today and confirmed what I already knew. The rear mounts were completely separated. Not like the shocks were doing anything anyway...they were completely blown. Luckily, the rear Bilsteins I picked up already had poly rear mounts with reinforcement plates installed. Perfect.

Just need to bleed the brakes and go for a test drive.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-21-2016, 05:25 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
        Those wheels look SO good!

Mr. Wolfe
        sigpic

Comment

Looking sharp
          We're out there in here.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think BMW NA put a block on my bolts/clamps. The parts guys assured me they were in NJ and therefore ordering them won't be an issue, etc. Well it's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't come in. They are now in the process of contacting BMW NA to see what's going on. I am guessing they will want my euro vin. In the meantime I reused 2 old clamps and the rear is on. Front and rear need adjustment so they will come back off at some point and I can improve the body to bumper fitment. Rear bumper trim is a tad short but it's nothing that can't be rectified by keeping the trim flushed along the bumper. You can hardly tell there's an issue at all.

Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-26-2016, 10:08 AM.

Comment

85 323i grey market euro - M tech 1 build.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't receive them. I bought the last 12 in the US few months back and the rest came from Germany which I had to supply my drivers license and current Registration to get them. They arrived 5 days later.
              As for the rear bumper strip being a little short. That's because the Mtec one is actually 1.5 longer. Mine was a little rough so I end buying a regular one since Mtec are NLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic
              323i MTEC1
              Z3 coupe
              E60 M5

Comment

I got the car together for a monthly car show and by the time I got the car ready and drove out there, only 3 people were there. Oh well, at least I got a lot done over the last week.

Took care of a few minor issues, got her cleaned up and installed fresh emblems + M tech stickers. The rear suspension is sitting too high for my taste. Not sure why there's so much rake with Bav Auto sport springs.

Comment

Looks good. You have done a ton of work recently!

Mr. Wolfe
                  sigpic

Comment

Took it for it's first real drive...30 miles each way and it ran great. Just a few kinks here and there with the electrical but great overall. The paint is still in great condition and only needs a good cut/polish. Not bad for 30 year old paint.

Then:

Now:

Comment

Awesome transformation.
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Looks fantastic. Should of had the rear side markers deleted though :/

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          Looks fantastic. Should of had the rear side markers deleted though :/
                          I was thinking about what to do with those... They cut a 1" diameter hole in the rear quarter panels for those. Not sure if it's worth deleting them or just keeping them to add character. We'll see what happens if I ever have the car resprayed. At least the fronts are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                            I was thinking about what to do with those... They cut a 1" diameter hole in the rear quarter panels for those. Not sure if it's worth deleting them or just keeping them to add character. We'll see what happens if I ever have the car resprayed. At least the fronts are gone.

On my euro spec car it had something I had delete plug welded in. Can see in my build thread in my signature.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Came together pretty well Barry! Is there any during pads left in the rear? Easy way to drop it down a little. It looks great
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                On my euro spec car it had something I had delete plug welded in. Can see in my build thread in my signature.
                                Ahh that's exactly what needs to be done. I'll cross that path if I ever paint the car.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Came together pretty well Barry! Is there any during pads left in the rear? Easy way to drop it down a little. It looks great
                                Yes, both pads are in the rear. Being an early model I imagine they used the thickest ones. I may just remove them. Still, I think it's the Bav Auto springs. I found a similar thread where someone had the same problem and BavAuto switched rear springs with him using z3 springs.

Comment

Working...
                                X